• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Indy IV starts shooting....

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Indy_4_To_Begin_Production_Next_Week_106340.asp
A Monaco regular is movie mogul George Lucas, a long-term Formula One fan. “I caught the racing bug when I was 14 years old - and I have been following Formula One ever since. Probably unusual for an American, but there you go. What fascinates me most is the speed and the accuracy, especially here in Monaco where sometimes centimetres make the difference between do or die. I plan to go to Indianapolis as well - if my schedule permits it, as I start shooting Indiana Jones IV next week. If the production is running as planned you will find me there.”

Sweet.

The first scene being filmed (2nd unit, probably) was a car chase on the campus of Yale. I think they're already done up there.

Yeah, I heard he retired. If I was Spielberg, I would do all I could to get him in the film in SOME form--even if it meant going to Connery's house and shooting him in a study scene that would only be in the film for a few minutes.

"HI, can we just follow you around with a camera and use those shots in the movie?"

:)

1.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6229544.stm

Sweet.

He looks good. Kinda weird that he is wearing the *exact* same clothes so many years later, tho.

And in the same amount of time, action stars and movie titles haven't changed much:
Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Harrison Ford in Rocky, Rambo, Die Hard, Terminator and Indiana Jones.

And if it weren't for Parkinson's disease, I'm sure we'd have a Back To the Future IV.

"Marty, we've got to back... they're making absurd sequels to tired old movie franchises!"

Everything is a remake or an adaptation of a comic book/character.

Yea, what will Hollywood do when it's "action heros" all use canes? Or they run out of comic books? :p

I think we are seeing some of that now with "Franchise Resets" or "Re-imaginings"

BSG
Batman Begins

Are just a couple examples of where they take a worn out, or never-been, franchise, and "retell" how it began and try to start over again, basically saying "we are out of ideas, and we know people got sick or didn't like how we did this particular series, so we are going to start over and hope you like it this time around."

Don't forget Star Trek.

And then there's Superman Returns, which is basically a sequel, I think (couldn't stay awake long enough to figure it out).

Superman? Try Batman. :roll:

If each Batman is different, are they considered sequels? :LOL:

Oh please, before I die, let Hollywood lighten up on the comic book pictures and throw something more "independent" in from time to time.

So, how does that work? Were all those Batman's sequels, until the "Batman Begins" one? And is it not part of the sequels only because it has "begins" in its title? :LOL:

Inquiring minds want to know. :p

And if it weren't for Parkinson's disease, I'm sure we'd have a Back To the Future IV.

"Marty, we've got to back... they're making absurd sequels to tired old movie franchises!"

That isn't necessarily always going to be a deal breaker. There was a report on the news last night that looks promising for Parkinson sufferers. A new gene therapy technique where an empty virus is used to inject genetic material directly into the brain, stimulating nerve cell regeneration is being pioneered as we speak. Limited human trials have been really good so far (improvements all round with no visible negative side effects), but it needs wider testing.

Yea, what will Hollywood do when it's "action heros" all use canes? Or they run out of comic books? :p

If the they don't recast, they will probably one day make a deal with the estate of a late actor to digitally render that actor into future films.

If they can resurrect Bob Monkhouse for an advert, they can resurrect anyone given time and money.

What a great way to kill art.

Are there any alternatives? Hmm, let's think here...

Oh, they could do something different, interesting, and innovative even if it doesn't make the MOST money of the year.

I haven't seen any movie this summer because it hasn't been worth the hassle for me to drive to another town when I hear the reviews (from friends) of the movies I'd wanted to see.

But making the absolute most amount of money possible, that of course is the real goal. Art? Art? I think he's downstairs, cleaning the toilets. :roll:

So, how does that work? Were all those Batman's sequels, until the "Batman Begins" one? And is it not part of the sequels only because it has "begins" in its title?

Well I don't consider it a sequel, because it "re told" parts of the Batman story that the first group of movies covered...it just did it in more depth and did it better --- how a young Bruce Wayne became Batman. In the original Batman movie this was shown in small detail. Batman Begins spent more time focusing on it, and basically tried to "restart" the franchise in the movies, if you will.

I heard Superman returns did something similar in that it told about Clark Kent's younger years...but I havent seen it so I dont know. I just heard it was full of suck.

Oh please, before I die, let Hollywood lighten up on the comic book pictures and throw something more "independent" in from time to time.

You're looking in the wrong place. Such films are made, just not in Hollywood. You probably don't have an "art house" theater near by, so, can you get The Independent Film Channel, or The Sundance Channel? Not everything they show is great, but interesting, inventive, non-Hollywood jewels are not uncommon.

No, I'm afraid our cable tv package is not very high-brow, if you will. Ovation is the closest thing we have to an "Arts" channel. :(

Thus my whining and complaining. :LOL:

I just ordered (received, actually) "Snow Cake". Thank goodness it was filmed in Canada. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back