• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Season 1 recap

I don't want to get into trouble, but I think I'll put it as unlisted on YouTube for a while, so you all can watch it...

Is it just me, or did Delenn seem a little too orgasmic when she was doing that.

I think it is you. :guffaw:

But yes I agree that she seems to be enjoying it. My question is why does she get to enjoy it alone? :LOL: :eek:

How do we know Lennier isn't in the corner... in secret... watching...

That light blue stuff that comes out of the balls and gets everywhere looks not that healthy though, but what do i know about Soulhunters and their balls? And Delenn has a vibrant glow on her face, so she obviously did not care about the color at all. Seems to be all fine ^^

Lennier is not on B5 yet, he is arriving in "Parliament of Dreams".

Speaking of which:

I don't get it.

Well, not the episode it self, it's one of my favourites! Great quotes, funny G'kar is epic in my opinion, NaToth almost steals the show, except for the Centauri festival, which trumps all.
But: there is a list here on the forum, that states which episodes are WHAM or at least semi-WHAM.

When I saw the "+" for semi-WHAM on Soulhunter, I was like: What? that mumbling cheeetooo-reetooo-wheee-tooo-#meetoo annoyance is a semi-WHAM episode??? how??? But then, of course, I watched it and Soulhunter confronting Delenn to be Satai and telling Sinclair, that they are using him, as well as Delenns line "we where right about you" and Sinclairs search at home are plenty material to change my opinion on this episode. I just did not recall, that that amount of buildup where in that particular episode.

But Parliament of dreams? It's the "+" as well, but I've got nothing of this sort. And I mean: NOTHING.
After reading the thread here in the forum about this episode and rewatching Lorerunners ruminations and reading in the lurkers guide, as suggested in the forum thread, I at least get, that the Minbari ritual has foreshadowing written all over it. But come on: I watched this episode 4 times now in my live and the whole show 2 times, and even upon rewatch and knowledge of the show, I did not get this at all, because it's so cryptic.
ok, I concede that being not a religious person at all, I found the Minbary ritual quite boring, even annoying because of the music. But the support in this scene (the cast and their interactions with the berries) easily saves it and G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

So if I overlooked something else because of my ignorance, please let me know!

G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

But it's so simple, are the Thenta Makur the sort of assassin who would have put the poison in the berry closest to you or the berry closest to her. Now a clever assassin would have poisoned Ivanova's berry because they'd have known that only a great fool eats the berry in front of him......

In fact he poisoned both berries. Ivanova is God, she'll be fine.

G'kar swapping his berry with Ivanova get's me every time.

But it's so simple, are the Thenta Makur the sort of assassin who would have put the poison in the berry closest to you or the berry closest to her. Now a clever assassin would have poisoned Ivanova's berry because they'd have known that only a great fool eats the berry in front of him......

In fact he poisoned both berries. Ivanova is God, she'll be fine.

strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before? :D

I'm about to finish Mind War.
Does anyone know, if Talia is ever using her gift in any way, before she is uncovered to be control? If not, I'll skip the coin scene...

I'm about to finish Mind War.
Does anyone know, if Talia is ever using her gift in any way, before she is uncovered to be control? If not, I'll skip the coin scene...

Only in A Race Through Dark Places... she use telekinesis to send a coin flying in to the wall in her quarters, and when the rogue telepaths create the hallucination for Bester, they say Talia was the difference and was stronger than she knew, alluding to the 'gift' that Ironheart gave her.

strictly speaking G'kar is just paranoid at this point. They explicitly said, he shall die after 48 hours, so... why be afraid before? :D

Slow acting poison.

Beep Beep

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: And yes: I should have a look at the gathering too, even though that part won't make it to the recap. But Lyta touching the Vorlon will be important later...

Springer said:
Only in A Race Through Dark Places... she use telekinesis to send a coin flying in to the wall in her quarters, and when the rogue telepaths create the hallucination for Bester, they say Talia was the difference and was stronger than she knew, alluding to the 'gift' that Ironheart gave her.

Thank you! I'll take a look at that episode, but I think that's not enough to make the Mind War-recap even longer (it's the longest of the episode recaps so far @8 Minutes)

No, it was that he'd be dead within 48 hours of recieiving the message:

You will be dead within 48 hours of
receiving this message. Already my
agent is close to you. You will
not know who, or how, or where ...
until it is too late. It pleases
me to know that you will live in
fear, G'Kar. But not for long.

@Jan: True, but to kill with the berry is very risky, as the assassin has no way of knowing which berry goes to G'kar. So the only way to ensure that there are no other casualties is to poison every berry, and then administer the antidote to every person attending the ceremony, I don't think that's very practical. Furthermore it's not personal either, and this is clearly a personal matter...

@Jan: True, but to kill with the berry is very risky, as the assassin has no way of knowing which berry goes to G'kar. So the only way to ensure that there are no other casualties is to poison every berry, and then administer the antidote to every person attending the ceremony, I don't think that's very practical. Furthermore it's not personal either, and this is clearly a personal matter...

Oh, I agree! I was just quibbling over the 48 hours bit. Sorry I wasn't more clear.

THAT WAS HIGHLY ENJOYABLE!!!!! :thumbsup:

More Please, oh wait I can just watch the show. :guffaw:

:D Thanks, Looney!

As mentioned: Vimeo sadly has an upload limit of 500mb per week which is just over two episodes. So I'm gonna wait until I have all done and will then get a free month of some paid membership to upload all at once.

But first, I'm off to a week of holiday now, so won't be able to work on the recaps ...

Latest posts

Members online

Back