• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes Season 2 [SPOILERS]

we now know that Adam could have his head removed and he would not regenerate
These guys called, and would like their gimmick back.

gather12wu0.jpg

Tonight's Ep

Hmmmmm....

The previews said, "Two Heroes will fall . . ."

This doesn't necessarily mean that they die. But, if there are two who are dead, then it seems to be Nathan and Nikki/Jessica. I dunno. I think there was much more that Nikki had to do in this series. As for Nathan, I guess he's expendable in a sense. They have two flying people now, though they could have offed Claire's boyfriend. Seems weird to have Nathan survive the season 1 finale just to kill him off halfway through season 2. Doesn't make sense.

But, if he is dead. Peter's gonna lose his mind.

I also think Noah was the one who shot him as part of "the deal" he made to keep his family safe.

Elle zapping Sylar was awesome, but it wasn't enough.

Sylar with his powers back is a scary prospect. I wonder if he'll have Alejandro's powers and the illusionist ability from Candace to add onto his own. If he gained them through physical means (i.e. eating the part of the brain that's effected,) then he might have gained them. Still up in the air.

Hiro putting Adam underground was an interesting twist, but he should seriously know better. He couldn't kill Sylar and look what happened. He "failed" then and "failed" again. Adam will be back. Stupid stupid stupid move.

Maya dying then coming back was a terrible tease. I was happy to finally see her gone. She's about as dumb as they come. Oh... Gabrreeeee-Ella! How could you?

(puke)

I'm sure I have more to say on this, but I'll end it here. Kind of disappointing. The writing feels disjointed this season.

Ugh

Lots of agreement with you Alluveal.

They've "fallen" but aren't necessarily dead, especially since they've written themselves a convenient means to bring people back with Claire's blood. It makes me hesitant because it can be so overused.

Niki has seemed like she's got so much more to go; I still don't feel that the whole Jessica thing has been explained given the things just not revealed during her father's visit last season and that Jessica was a real person. I've been hoping that this season's making it "truly" multiple personality disorder would end up being just a bridge on our way to something more interesting. If they've really killed Niki off, I wonder if they might have originally planned something else but changed it to what we've gotten just to be able to get rid of her for one real world reason or another.

I also think that HRG was most likely the one who shot Nathan.

Elle was awesome in this episode. I so desperately wanted her to completely zap Sylar to dust; I am so over him. He's such a one-note; he's nothing but the always and ever big dark "scary" bogeyman, and a villain lacking character complexity like that getting so much time just moves him into boring territory for me.

I loved Hiro's solution. Even though I know Hiro's all upset over it, I thought it was a fun turn for the story. If Adam comes back, that's fine by me. He's been more interesting as a villain (once they finally decided to get on with it in Japan) than Sylar has been this season. After all, Adam is the one to define the philosophy that The Company operated under and guided Linderman etc. That confrontation of philosophies gives a much more diverse playing field for the story.

And yeah. Maya. It would be one thing for them to write her character as being naive. I can enjoy naive; some naive people can be really sweet. Maya is not just naive but stupid. Her character this season has been a complete waste of time; I can't believe they've thought she was interesting enough to give the amount of time to her that they have.

They've "fallen" but aren't necessarily dead, especially since they've written themselves a convenient means to bring people back with Claire's blood. It makes me hesitant because it can be so overused.
Peter's for that matter. Remember he has that ability now too. Yea, too easy to bring Nathan back. Nikki may be a bit harder. I guess I really don't care, her and her family's story seemed to go no where this season. Then again, so did this season.

Yea I think HRG was the shooter, but seems kinda lame to have him come back into the fold so quickly. Also didn't care that Sylar is "back" but we all knew it was gonna happen.

About the only cool thing was hinting that maybe Elle might be a good guy next season.

Well, that rounded off a half-season of mediocre TV. I thought it was going to be good when they shot Maya, I should have known that it wouldn't last long.

Does anyone else think they've shot themselves in the foot with the whole blood-giving-life-back thing? There seems to be no consequences to giving these people blood to save their lives. Which means everytime someone dies now, you can just think to yourself, well they'll just use the blood to bring them back. If I may be so bold as to compare this to Babylon 5 (on a B5 messageboard no less!), the alien healing device showed within the episode it was introduced what price there was for using it. And then the only other time it was used, a character paid for it with their life. Unless they introduce a negative consequence of this then it will be ridiculous and the show will sink even further in my mind.

2 Other things about the blood.

1) Given how recently Nathan had Adam's blood injected into him, he should surely still have it floating around his body (I'm not a medical expert, so correct me if I'm wrong), and therefore won't die.

2) And this is one of those things only really nerdy people seem to think of. Is the blood itsefl capable of being given to anyone, regadless of blood type? So does Adam have that special blood type that can be given to anyone? Or is it because of the healing properties that it can be given to anyone? Or, have the characters that have been given it so far all been lucky enough to share the blood type of the person donating?

I think HRG was the gunman as well.

Adam should die properly when he runs out of air, because surely the cells that regenerate his body still need a fresh supply of Oxygen (man, I'm thinking about these things in way too much detail).

I hope that Nikki will be back because as someone else mentioned, her history has yet to be fully resolved.

Hopefully the writer's strike should give them enough time to come up with a decent chapter 3.

2 Other things about the blood.

1) Given how recently Nathan had Adam's blood injected into him, he should surely still have it floating around his body (I'm not a medical expert, so correct me if I'm wrong), and therefore won't die.

2) And this is one of those things only really nerdy people seem to think of. Is the blood itsefl capable of being given to anyone, regadless of blood type? So does Adam have that special blood type that can be given to anyone? Or is it because of the healing properties that it can be given to anyone? Or, have the characters that have been given it so far all been lucky enough to share the blood type of the person donating?
1. The fluid and dead blood cells are purged from the body through normal waste elimination cycles, so Adam's blood, too, would eventually be passed.

2. Adam must be type O, the universal donor! ;-)

In all, I found this abbreviated season a bit of a let down. Maybe if they could have made a full 22 episode season, the could have built a little suspense. I just hope they change up the formula a little for next year and brake into new territory beyond striving to change some apocalyptic vision/visit/painting.

Back