• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

A good omen...

Jade Jaguar

Regular
With tonight's taping, my wide screen collection of B5 is complete! And why is that a good omen? Well, you know if you wash your car, it will probably rain, so I figure that if I have them all on tape, they're sure to all be released on DVD!
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Doesn't work, I've had them all on tape for over 2 years, and we Brits haven't even been able to get River of Souls and Call to Arms on terrestrial (ie. non-satellite/cable) TV yet.

mad.gif

------------------
DaveC
"Want to talk socks?"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Doesn't work, I've had them all on tape for over 2 years<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, but you don't have the widescreen version (except for four of the five movies.) And widescreen was one of the major stumbling-blocks in getting the DVDs released (and a major reason why the planned 1999 release - which would have been dreadful - was cancelled.)

So the whole car-washing thing may very well hold up. According to the most recent posts from JMS Warner Bros. has been quietly doing some prep work on season one to be ready to move ahead if the first disc sells well enough, and the pre-orders as of the official release date were good enough that he thought they were very close to giving the green light to at least the first couple of seasons.

So Jade Jaguar's off-the-TV VHS copies may be the final piece of the puzzle that gets us the DVDs.
smile.gif
Heck, if I'd known it was that easy, I'd've tape the things myself. (Actually, I tried and kept missing episodes, so I gave up.)

Regards,

Joe

------------------
Joseph DeMartino
Sigh Corps
Pat Tallman Division

joseph-demartino@att.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> According to the most recent posts from JMS Warner Bros. has been quietly doing some prep work on season one to be ready to move ahead if the first disc sells well enough, and the pre-orders as of the official release date were good enough that he thought they were very close to giving the green light to at least the first couple of seasons.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent news.
smile.gif

I've done my part. I finally recieved my DirecTV TIVO box so that I can start archiving to video tape the wide screen version of B5 episodes. My backup plan if they don't start releasing the series on DVD. That might be an additional piece of the puzzle. I also washed my car on Monday and it rained on Tuesday.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

------------------

When it raines my husband puts the car in the driveway for a cheap carwash and the rain usually stops right away.
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"No boom to-day, boom tomorrow.
There is always a boom tomorrow."

Thanks for the support, Joe, and it's SVHS wide screen, thank you very much!
laugh.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif

As my garage is part of my wood shop, my 20 year old truck, Bob, gets rained on all the time, and hasn't been washed since he was 5. By the way, Bob is and acronym for bucket of bolts.
shocked.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

Back