• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Selling Babylon 5 literature, including rare hardcover

GKarsEye

Regular
Hey all,
I got some B5 literature merch to sell, so PM me if anyone is interested in any of the following. I apologize for not being specific because it's all actually at my mom's house, but I'll be there on Saturday, so all I need to know for now is if there's any interest so I can take it home.

1. Psi-Corps trilogy hardcover
This is, as far as I can tell, kinda rare- a hardcover book that consists of all three books of the Psi-Corps trilogy. The first story covers the period from when telepaths are discovered exist, through the founding of the Psi-Corps and the birth of Alfred Bester. The second is about the life of Bester up until he's assigned the task of chasing Ironheart to B5. (These are my two favorite B5 novels by far). The third is about Garibaldi chasing Bester at the end of his life and up until Bester's death.

It's really nice looking book in great condition, except the slip cover has some expected shelf-wear.

It's being sold for over $70 on the inter-tubes, so let's say $60 (not including shipping) for my B5 pals here.

2. In Valen's Name comic books
Then I have these three comics about how Babylon 4 re-appears and tells a story about how Valen had to deal with these wacky crazy murdering aliens who were on his side but not really.

Let's say $20 for these.
I'm no comics expert but I think they're in pretty sweet condition, and they're in those plastic sleeve protective dealies.

3. paperback novels
I have a bunch of B5 paperbacks. Off the top of my head, these include:
The Psi-Corp trilogy
The Centauri trilogy
The Technomage trilogy
that novel about Markas and Sakai joining the Rangers
some other one about Anna Sheridan and Morden getting on the Icarus and going to Z'hadum

Since these are cheap and small I'd like to sell them all in one shot. I'll take $20- that's for 11 books.

Sorry some of the descriptions are vague, but of course if you express interest I'll take the item(s) home and provide much more accurate detail.

Are you sure you're going to sell all 11 canon novels for $20? A couple of those (Centauri trilogy 3 in particular) are VERY hard to find and tend to go on eBay for pretty hefty sums of money.

If you are, I'd be very tempted to go for that myself in order to have copies I'd be prepared to lend out to people, even though I own all of them already.

well no I'm not really sure- didn't think the paperbacks were rare or anything.

Thanks for the head's up. I'm certainly eager to entertain fair offers from well-informed fans. That's why I'm offering this here before I start with ebay and the like.

I've seen full sets of the Techno-Mage and Centauri Prime trilogies going for $60-70 per trilogy on Ebay as recently as last week.

Jan

Someone on this forum paid £100 sterling for one of those novels alone.

Nice job on offering them to fans first.

I've also got a copy of dining on Babylon 5, which I would not sell for love nor money. I'm just boasting really.

Hey all,
I got some B5 literature merch to sell, so PM me if anyone is interested in any of the following. I apologize for not being specific because it's all actually at my mom's house, but I'll be there on Saturday, so all I need to know for now is if there's any interest so I can take it home.

1. Psi-Corps trilogy hardcover
This is, as far as I can tell, kinda rare- a hardcover book that consists of all three books of the Psi-Corps trilogy. The first story covers the period from when telepaths are discovered exist, through the founding of the Psi-Corps and the birth of Alfred Bester. The second is about the life of Bester up until he's assigned the task of chasing Ironheart to B5. (These are my two favorite B5 novels by far). The third is about Garibaldi chasing Bester at the end of his life and up until Bester's death.

It's really nice looking book in great condition, except the slip cover has some expected shelf-wear.

It's being sold for over $70 on the inter-tubes, so let's say $60 (not including shipping) for my B5 pals here.

FYI, that hardcover of the Psi Corps trilogy may be rare, but the individual novels contained in it are still easily available in paperback, so it's unlikely to fetch as high a price as the other two trilogies, each of which contain novels that are very hard to find: Centauri 3 of 3, and Technomage 2 of 3). The original selling price of the hardcover omnibus versions was $14.95. I paid $86 for the Centauri and $37 for the Technomage omnibus editions on Jan. 25, 2006, on eBay.

Last edited:
Back