• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Problems with Cafe Press ???

In Monty Python they did mean a comfortable chair, the joke being that is a totally inappropriate thing to use as a torture device.

Ah OK, I never saw that sketch.

Now, I'll probably be unable to resist re-watching the dead parrot sketch.

Does that mean we have a lot in common with The Spanish Inquisition?

Only when I offer someone a comfy chair. :D
Now, to me, the phrase "comfy chair" (especially in an Inquisition / torture context) is a Farscape reference, not a B5 reference. :cool:

Well, I read the remark about "we" (B5ers) having something in common with the Spanish Inquisition to be an allusion to the well-known Monty Python sketch. So, I carried the allusion further by mentioning the comfy chair from that sketch, meaning that the closest I (one of the "we" mentioned) come to resembling the Spanish Inquisition is when I offer someone a comfy chair. It was not intended as a reference to B5, or Farscape, just a continuation of the reference to Monty Python. Now, that's explaining it to death! ;) :D

I only knew that the Spanish Inquisition line was a Monty Python reference, but had never seen that particular sketch.

I only knew that the Spanish Inquisition line was a Monty Python reference, but had never seen that particular sketch.

Oh my gosh, you have to see it... :LOL: it's hysterical! At least read it: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ebarnes/python/dead-parrot.htm

It's classic Python featuring John Cleese and Michael Palin and is :D absolutely one of my favorite sketches! :D

Btw... :D good job finding the version that puts a B5 spin on it, Elenopa. Did you write that?

I guess reading it would be better than nothing, but to appreciate the "comfy chair" "torture" Spanish Inquisition sketch, you really must see the granny, as she settles into the comfy chair.

Oh my gosh, you have to see it... :LOL: it's hysterical! At least read it: http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ebarnes/python/dead-parrot.htm

It's classic Python featuring John Cleese and Michael Palin and is :D absolutely one of my favorite sketches! :D

Btw... :D good job finding the version that puts a B5 spin on it, Elenopa. Did you write that?

Well, if you can call changing names writing, then yes. I was performing the sketch with a friend, when the B5 version just slamed me round the back of the head.

There are lots of B5/Monty Python things out there. There is a web page somewhere. But back to the inquisition, there is this from Fanfiction.net. Not by me this time.

The Psi Corp Inquisition

I like the new package & labeling Cafe Press uses.

While it reaches Europe like a true snail, it somehow bypassed customs, and avoided multiple stupid formalities. :)

Any chance anyone has had any further problems with Cafe Press???

I just got Volume 5, and I only got the one copy instead of two, just like I did previously with an earlier volume.

Also, didn't they make a big deal recently out of going back to CafePress logo boxes with bubble wrap on the inside? I could have sworn that they did and that Volume 4 came that way (as did Volume 1), but with Volume 5, they're back to using the cheap white cardboard wrapping that leaves no room for cushioning. It's not a big deal since it's hard to damage a book in shipping, I just thought they had made a statement that they were going to ship things nicer again.

Maybe it was just the shrink-wrapping that they were making a big deal out of. Volume 5 did at least come shrink-wrapped.

The shrink wrap is all they made any mention of. As I recall, several people I read mentioned that the huge boxes and bubble wrap were overdoing it. I love the white boxes because the 'bumpers' on the ends protect the corners which are most vulnerable. As for only getting one book, write to the Scripts Team using the feedback form and I can pretty much guarantee you'll get the issue fixed quickly. Jaclyn's been great with everything, imo. The link to the feedback form is:

http://s92670067.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=qhNppNLG&formname=B5_Feedback

Jan

Yeah, all I ever remember seeing was the announcement of the shrink wrap, which should protect the books better from getting wet.

I got mine today in pristine shape. I only ordered one though.

Well, they did it again. I order two copies of Volume 6, and they only sent me one. That's the *third* time.

Luckily, they are friendly on the phone and agree to send me a 2nd book, no questions asked. The first time this happened, the 2nd copy made it to me in just a day or two, and they said they would rush this one too.

But, still, it's a bit annoying. I order two at a time so that I only have to pay the shipping once, but then I end up wasting 15 to 20 minutes on the phone, mostly from being on hold but they also take a while to re-process the order too.

I'm an honest person; they really have sent me only one copy three different times. But, I'm afraid if this keeps happening they might stop believing me, and I'll be forced to order the two copies separately and pay the shipping twice (which would partially defeat the purpose of the 2nd copy, because I'll probably try to sell the 2nd copies on eBay someday).

Is anyone else having any trouble?

Ninja,

It sounds like they're fixing things promptly but I agree that it must be annoying. You might want to send your comments to the Scripts Team. I don't know if you get the email alerts but in this most recent one they wrote:

The Babylon 5 scripts team wants to remind you we are here if you need any assistance. We pride ourselves on responding to all emails personally and quickly.

Know that you always have the option of contacting us BEFORE you contact Cafe Press about any issue.

In fact we have a direct line to the Cafe Press headquarters which allows us to resolve any situation.

You can reach us via help@babylon5scripts.com or by using the feedback form on the website.

I've only had it happen once but a 50% chance of failure is too high. Let the scripts team know.

Jan

Well, they did it again. I order two copies of Volume 6, and they only sent me one. That's the *third* time.

Well, it happened to me for the second time in a row. You'd think after having so many problems with Volume 5, they would have been extra careful with Volume 6. I'll wait until I get home tonight to see if they caught the mistake and sent the second copy under separate cover, but if not I'll e-mail CS (again) and send me the second copy I ordered and paid for. :)

Regards,

Joe

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back