• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Battlestar Galactica S1 Finale Part 2 (SPOILERS)

Re: Battlestar Galactica S1 Finale Part 2 (SPOILER

Anyone else think Lt. Gaeta might be a Cylon?

Well, who's been planning all the fleet's jumps? Including the jump that discovered Kobol?

I missed the 11th episode, so it was great when I watched the finale (That I recorded Friday night) over the weekend to find that 11, 12, and 13 were all shown back to back.

I was thinking the "Twist" that blew everyone away was that someone we least expected would be revealed as a Cylon, so I was definitely shocked when it turned out to be Adama getting shot by Boomer that was the biggest twist.

Interesting thought about Gaeta, I've always had a twinge of concern about his loyalties, somthing just didn't feel quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on it. What others have laid out makes perfect sense to me.

I've really enjoyed this first season. I won't go so far as to say it intrigues me as much as B5, because B5 had more mysteries apparent at this point in the season (Well at the end of Season 1 to be fair, which was 22 episodes for B5, and only 13 for BSG). Or perhaps it's that first love is never the same as concurrent loves thing (Since B5 was the first heavily arc'ed Scifi Series I fell so deeply in love). Prior to B5, I was pretty much satisfied with any old scifi.

Interesting debate about the baby(s), too.

Interesting thought about Gaeta, I've always had a twinge of concern about his loyalties, somthing just didn't feel quite right,

In the Baltar/Gaeta bathroom scene a few episodes ago, Gaeta left the bathroom without washing his hands first. That's not "quite right". ;) Eeww.

Or perhaps it's that first love is never the same as concurrent loves thing (Since B5 was the first heavily arc'ed Scifi Series I fell so deeply in love). Prior to B5, I was pretty much satisfied with any old scifi.

I totally agree with you. There's something cozy and warm about Babylon 5, like an old friend. ;) BSG is just a new acquaintence.

Interesting thought about Gaeta, I've always had a twinge of concern about his loyalties, somthing just didn't feel quite right,

In the Baltar/Gaeta bathroom scene a few episodes ago, Gaeta left the bathroom without washing his hands first. That's not "quite right". ;) Eeww.

I'm very confused here. Gaeta is a woman! She's the Comms officer with dark skin and light eyes, who's dating the President's aide. It was she who shook Boomer's hand when Boomer entered the bridge.

I'm very confused here. Gaeta is a woman! She's the Comms officer with dark skin and light eyes, who's dating the President's aide.

I believe your thinking about Petty Officer Dualla.

I'm very confused here. Gaeta is a woman! She's the Comms officer with dark skin and light eyes, who's dating the President's aide. It was she who shook Boomer's hand when Boomer entered the bridge.

You're thinking of Dualla, who didn't interact with Boomer at all, but was holding Adama's hand after Boomer went boom boom on his ass.

Some of you guys have laid out some interesting meat on Gaeta. I think you might be onto something. I plan on re-watching the series when it airs on Universal HD (Hi Definition Channel) this month, and I will pay special attention to Gaeta.

mmmmmmmmm BSG in HD.

*drool*

I think a more pressing question is whether Adama is a cylon.. :)

Dont know, I think what CMDR Adama said about that Cylon was true. It would mix truth in with the lies, and do whatever it could to make the fleet unstable. By making up some BS about a bomb, it managed to get the fleet spread out. That was clearly a blatant lie. I think what it said about Adama was a lie too. The truth it told, was that they would find Kobol...and perhaps they "found" it with a little help from an inside Cylon.

Also, it never said WHICH Adama it was referring to. However I think it was neither, just one of those blatant lies made up to cause friction between the Pres and Commander Adama...which it did.

IMO, the only two that I think are absolutely safe (not Cylons) are Adama and Apollo. Simply because I get two impressions: first, Cylon biological reproduction seems to be a first with Six and Boomer, and second, I don't think the Cylons are doing a pod-person approach. I think the organic models were created without original human templates.

That's why Boomer has no family, she mentionned that they all died on Troy (a mining colony that suffered a major accident, which probably was Cylon caused, now that I think about it). So I don't think there was a human Boomer before the Cylon Boomers.

Likewise, I don't think Adama or Apollo could have been replaced by Cylons, and since they're related, neither could have a false Cylon forged background.

Some of you guys have laid out some interesting meat on Gaeta. I think you might be onto something. I plan on re-watching the series when it airs on Universal HD (Hi Definition Channel) this month, and I will pay special attention to Gaeta.

mmmmmmmmm BSG in HD.

*drool*

Universal HD's schedule for BSG. I like the way the showed the first two episodes back to back with no commercial interruptions.

I haven't read any of the spoiler info for S2, it's just too good a show to want to spoil. :)

More of my thoughts on the Cylons...I think that the Cylons have been toying with the fleet all along. It would seem the Cylons want to use the fleet to find Earth maybe? They keep saying this has all happened before which reminds me of the Wheel of Time series. The war plays out again and again until a certain outcome is reached.

I think the Cylons believe they have created a better biological model of a human, but lack the "soul" humans possess. When Six showed Baltar the baby and when Caprica Boomer told Helo her pregnency was important, I took that to mean the Cylons want to cross-breed to create "God's" perfect being.

-Haze

That was certainly a powerful season-ender. Didn't see Adama being shot coming.

I watched the whole thing (mini-series + first season) in the course of the last week, the last six episodes yesterday, so by now details are all getting rather mixed up for me, but in any case, I'm definitely looking forward to season 2. This one left... well, pretty much everything totally open.

Damn about Adama being shot though. :D He became pretty much instantly my favourite character (duh!) and I'd be semi-pissed if he was to be totally dead and gone now. Not that I couldn't deal with that, if that was the case, but I do wonder what the writers have in store for us for the next season also regarding that.

First of all, bit of a spoiler, Olmos is returning for the next season, so I'm guessing he lives. What the fallout is from this though is anyone's guess, not to mention how it might affect Adama as a person.

This finale blew me away. I didn't see a lot of it coming and that's due to some great writing and planning.

I cannot wait until next season!

CE

First of all, bit of a spoiler, Olmos is returning for the next season, so I'm guessing he lives. What the fallout is from this though is anyone's guess, not to mention how it might affect Adama as a person.

Well, now at least I can stop speculating that he might have pulled a Michael O'Hare and asked to be written out of the show and replaced (although I think if he had gone it would have been a big loss).. :)

I am still wondering whether that was really Adama that we saw shot at that point, since to have him shot and resuscitated merely for the purposes of producing a cliffhanger seems almost an uncharacteristic copout for this show (although I note that Boomer pointedly didn't shoot him in the head, or in the heart, which might have been more definitive)..

On the other hand, one thing BSG is very good at is inviting you to guessing that things will fall out in one direction, even when that direction involves its own logical subtleties, and then doing something completely unexpected instead. I really hope they can keep that up in future..

What the heck are the Cylons' motives at this point? I assumed they had decided to follow the fleet to Earth so they could wipe out its humans as well, but if so why attempt to kill Adama, and be willing to sacrifice a whole Base Star to do it? And if they hate humans so much, why are they so keen to breed with us? I'm enjoying guessing :)

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but I finally got round to watching the last two episodes last night and woah! I almost fell off my chair when Adama was shot. Very good stuff.

One thing I was curious about is that 6 tells Baltar to get off Galactica as there was danger, so he volunteers for the mission to inspect Kobol. Nothing yet has happened to Galactica (unless you count Adama's shooting, which wouldn't have placed Baltar in danger), but the Cylons were at Kobol, which meant he was in more danger there than on Galactica. Did 6 just tell him that Galactica was in danger so he would go to Kobol so she could show him the baby?

Or is the danger she was referring to the military coup? In which case would Baltar have been arrested as well?

I cannot wait until the next series. Someone mentioned July, is that US? Or will it be shown in the UK before the US again?

Baltar had already tested Sharon, and knew she was a Cylon, right? So, I'm sure there would've been reprecussions for him.

Plus, there may yet be something more coming for Galactica.

Or, she just wanted him to go to the planet, and figured with him being a coward that the only way he would go is if he thought there was more danger staying on the ship...

Sorry to ressurect a dead thread, but I finally got round to watching the last two episodes last night and woah! I almost fell off my chair when Adama was shot. Very good stuff.

One thing I was curious about is that 6 tells Baltar to get off Galactica as there was danger, so he volunteers for the mission to inspect Kobol. Nothing yet has happened to Galactica (unless you count Adama's shooting, which wouldn't have placed Baltar in danger), but the Cylons were at Kobol, which meant he was in more danger there than on Galactica. Did 6 just tell him that Galactica was in danger so he would go to Kobol so she could show him the baby?

Or is the danger she was referring to the military coup? In which case would Baltar have been arrested as well?

I cannot wait until the next series. Someone mentioned July, is that US? Or will it be shown in the UK before the US again?

Questions, questions and more cliff-hanging questions. It's what makes this show so incredibly good (like B5). We don't know what dangers still await Galactica. We don't know who's baby Baltar saw. We don't know that Baltar isn't now going to be the new President only to betray humanity completely because of what Six is doing to him.

The possibilities are endless and the speculation such fun! I haven't enjoyed trying to figure out where a show is going this much since B5.

As for the July date, that is in the US. I don't know when it will premiere in the UK. My guess is it will now follow much the same line as the Stargate shows do, where we start getting it about a week ahead of the UK, but at midseason, they end up a week ahead of the US.

CE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back