• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Hell yes! 'Jodorowsky's Dune' documentary!

Ubik

Regular
First theatrical trailer was released today. I'm pretty god damn excited to see this!

Have loved Jodorowsky's films since I saw Holy Mountain (what a trip!). I expect his Dune would have made the Lynch version look tame. Would have perhaps been the first 'arthouse' SF film, and I don't doubt it would have divided audiences and fans.

Still, very cool to see all the amazing concept art and lofty plans that the French/American consortium they had in place for this version.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/jodo...dorowskys-dune

Last edited:
First theatrical trailer was released today. I'm pretty god damn excited to see this!

Have loved Jodorowsky's films since I saw Holy Mountain (what a trip!). I expect his Dune would have made the Lynch version look tame. Would have perhaps been the first 'arthouse' SF film, and I don't doubt it would have divided audiences and fans.

Still, very cool to see all the amazing concept art and lofty plans that the French/American consortium they had in place for this version.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/jodo...dorowskys-dune

That was a dead link. Here's a better one
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/jodo...indblowing-final-trailer-for-jodorowskys-dune

and here's the official website
http://jodorowskysdune.com/index.html

Anyway, thank you! I'd never have heard of this without you!

Why cant we kickstarter this?? Dune is great i'd love to see another version of it, my favorite is the scifi miniseries and story in the games which is only a small part of it.
I'm not sure the visual effects would be popular this day and age but i'd still love to see it, and how many others would put money towards it!

Why cant we kickstarter this?? Dune is great i'd love to see another version of it, my favorite is the scifi miniseries and story in the games which is only a small part of it.
I'm not sure the visual effects would be popular this day and age but i'd still love to see it, and how many others would put money towards it!

Legally, I don't think you can kickstart it because Richard P. Rubenstein still holds the rights (I believe) and he'll sue you back into the stone age if you try to make the story without his permission. Also, I think Jodorowsky owns the screenplay, and he'd sue too. And the actual studio that did the miniseries probably holds some residual rights on some aspect of the property. I'd also assume that the rights for the (FOUR) art department's work has either reverted to them by this point, or was never actually assumed by the production in the first place.

On the practical end, Salvador Dali is dead, Orson Welles is dead, half of Pink Floyd is dead, Mick Jagger is too old. Jodorowsky is probably too old. And does anyone actually know the projected running time for this monster? Reports differ, but I'm thinking it's four hours, plus an intermission. LONG script.

Tell you what I'd like: I'd like to see an ink-and-pen version of this a'la "Heavy Metal." Use the original art designs, character designs, etc. Get good voice actors to impersonate the parts. Find yourself two good Pink Floyd Tribute bands, and have Roger work with one, and Dave work with the other (Seeing as they can't stand each other) to crank out the soundtrack.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see it.

Legally, I don't think you can kickstart it because Richard P. Rubenstein still holds the rights (I believe) and he'll sue you back into the stone age if you try to make the story without his permission. Also, I think Jodorowsky owns the screenplay, and he'd sue too. And the actual studio that did the miniseries probably holds some residual rights on some aspect of the property. I'd also assume that the rights for the (FOUR) art department's work has either reverted to them by this point, or was never actually assumed by the production in the first place.

On the practical end, Salvador Dali is dead, Orson Welles is dead, half of Pink Floyd is dead, Mick Jagger is too old. Jodorowsky is probably too old. And does anyone actually know the projected running time for this monster? Reports differ, but I'm thinking it's four hours, plus an intermission. LONG script.

Tell you what I'd like: I'd like to see an ink-and-pen version of this a'la "Heavy Metal." Use the original art designs, character designs, etc. Get good voice actors to impersonate the parts. Find yourself two good Pink Floyd Tribute bands, and have Roger work with one, and Dave work with the other (Seeing as they can't stand each other) to crank out the soundtrack.

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see it.
I was thinking the kickstarter for the fellow who wanted to make it back in the day if he's still interested, maybe he'll have to come up with a couple of replacements but it might be possible.
Can't know if we don't ask is there a way to contact Jodorowsky?

but it might be possible.
Can't know if we don't ask is there a way to contact Jodorowsky?

Go to IMDb Pro. They'll have contact info for his agent, and you can contact him through them, or at least leave messages for his Assistant to peruse. Sometimes there's other contact info, too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back