• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

prioritised for completion

Ranger1

Regular
http://www.cinematical.com/2007/09/13/the-pre-strike-priority-list/

here is a list of movies prioritised for completion before next years strike, check out some of the deeply unnecessary remakes in the offing, some have been discussed already among the community (the day the earth stood still for example) but i didn't even know escape from new york or capricorn one were being done. is this really necessary... no it really fucking isn't, that said a christmas carol directoed by Robert Zemeckis, could be worth a watch.

Last edited:
Yeah, lots of pointless remakes there, Capricorn One as you said. Seventh Samurai and Clash of the Titans, as well, why ??

The Magneto movie could be great, a leaked script got very positive reviews.

Yeah, lots of pointless remakes there, Capricorn One as you said. Seventh Samurai and Clash of the Titans, as well, why ??

The Magneto movie could be great, a leaked script got very positive reviews.

you are right there magneto could be awesome, but capricorn one simply doesn't need doing, you simply can't improve on the casting from that film.

Seventh Samurai is listed, but the Kurosawa film is called Seven Samurai, so I am assuming this is NOT a remake. One would truly have to have the sizes of their brain and their balls reversed to remake Seven Samurai.

No. It wsn't a straight remake really. They were gunfighters, not samurai. Not a bad film, but not anything like in the same league with Kurosawa.

It also made me realise what trash Hollywood puts out. A sex in the city the movie ?

Hopefully some of this will stall.

in fairness that really isn't the worst idea, it certainly would be a moneyspinner, and i'd rather see it than anything by eli roth.

Gosh, I hope they can get Porky's done....:p

now that would be awesome, i loved the original, and it doesn't have that classic quality where re-making it would ruin the memories, it's just a 90 minute joke about shagging.

If the Superbad guys or those behind American Pie are behind it, then that is cool. I hope they keep it as a period piece though. Porkys was great.

Is he the Hostel guy ? Never watched any, and after what I've read about it, I would not see the point.

I would not want to censor him, I just do not see the point. Being grossed out or slightly
disturbed is not the same as being scared.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back