• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Wings Of Desire

Jade Jaguar

Regular
I just read that this great film is now being issued on DVD. Borrow it, or buy it! I am not into angels, or romances, which this film is, at least superficially. It is about two angels, who observe people in Berlin, before the wall came down. They are weary of only observing for ages, and doing what little they can to help people. One falls in love with a woman, an acrobat, and wishes to become mortal, so he can be with her. This sounds trite, I know, but the writing, and the cinematography are stunning, making this a very special film, much better that the Hollywood remake. Here is a link about the film:
http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:54797

JJ,
As I as reading your post, I thought the movie sounded a lot like City of Angels...Duh. :eek: :LOL: I enjoyed that movie, but my better half didn't like the ending. I thought it was deliciously ironic. I'll have to check out the original version.

Back