• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

New e-mail from Scifi

Cerberus

Regular
Just checked my e-mail and Scifi had sent me a e-mail with ISA transmissions from the following: G'Kar, Dulann, Kitaro, Na'Feel, Sarah, and David. There is also a chance to win 1 of 100 t-shirts if you sent this to other people. A great way to spread the word. Well, here is hoping for the best Saturday Night.
laugh.gif

See ya,

Cerberus

------------------

Oh, you lucky, lucky thing! I want to see those transmissions!

I didn't get an e-mail. Were you one of the luckily t-shirt gifted fans in the beginning?

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Yes, I was lucky enough to get a t-shirt. I wore it to the opening of LOTR. My fiancé said I received a lot of strange looks while waiting in line. On a side note, we have a 50” TV at work and I have 2 co-workers into Crusade, they will be watching the movie Saturday. Well I just sent you the e-mail hope you like it.
laugh.gif

See ya,

Cerberus

------------------

Well, here is a link to the page (Flash 5 Plug-In is required) and you just need to click on the "Send this Player to a Friend" link at the top of the Flash program once it starts to enter for the free t-shirt.

Two of the transmissions are the same as the ones on their web site so that was a bit disappointing but the others were fun to watch again. There was even one from Sarah which I have not yet seen on TV. Expect to see a transcript in the "Martel ISA Transmissions" thread.

PS: I was really hoping to see one from Tirk.
frown.gif

------------------
Monica Hübinette | Abyss : B5 <- New & Improved!
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

[This message has been edited by Lyta (edited January 16, 2002).]

Re: Sarah's text

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> "Is she emotionally involved with the Captain? (It's no one's business)" </font></td></tr></table>

Hmm. What did I say about, oh, three months ago? I knew that would come up. I just knew it. It comes from writing too many stories, I tell you...

Nice-looking player with a fun interface, and I was happy to see the transmissions I haven't been able to see yet (contrary to popular belief, I actually do work sometimes, and my nose isn't always trained on the Sci-Fi Channel).

------------------
channe@[url="http://cryoterrace.tripod.com"]cryoterrace[/url] | "I wonder," said Frodo, "but I don't know. And that's the way of a real tale."

Transcript for Cantrell's transmission is now posted.
wink.gif
Also, my husband figured out how to download them too. *bounces*

I also noticed how they don't really know how to spell Martel. In this flash interface, it is spelled with two l's (as well as the file names) but I am pretty sure it is only one "l". Plus, I noticed on his trading card page, they spell it with one "l" except for the caption under his name which has two. Methinks they are confused.
wink.gif

------------------
There is nothing to fear in the dreaming, only that which we bring with us. --Dukhat

I got the email, too; but I didn't get a t-shirt.

Let's hope this does well...

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

I just clicked the QuickTime link and it started downloading them to my hard drive (I use Download Accelerator Plus).

And since that, for me, takes forever
lol.gif
, I also viewed them in Windows Media.

The player is a nifty little thing, and I'm glad I've now also got the chance to see the rest of the 'transmissions'. Oh, and I also got the thing in the mail, so I guess everyone on their Rangers news mailing list did.

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers
Kribu's Lounge | kribu@ranger.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
I'm going to be a bad girl and ask how you download them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*spanks Channe*

Oh wait ... maybe it wasn't -that- kind of bad girl you were talking about? *evilgrin*

Well, my husband just "sniffed the network" as I accessed each file. You just need some sort of tool that can "sniff" all the traffic for you (like Ethereal).
wink.gif
Then, all we did is copy the HTTP GET request and downloaded the files.

SHHHHHHHH ... DON'T TELL ANYONE!
laugh.gif

------------------

No, that's a "naughty" girl. I'm just plain bad.
laugh.gif

I seemingly can't pull a Kribu or a Lyta, and the player just gave me the Blue Screen Of Death twice when I tried to re-play Cantrell.

Funny story about the Blue Screen of Death. If you call it that, you can make people laugh when you're doing tech support. That makes the day better.

------------------

[This message has been edited by channe (edited January 16, 2002).]

I suggest getting Download Accelerator (DAP). Not just for this download but it's a good tool - especially since it has the ability to pick up a download from the same point where it stopped the last time (e.g. when you get the blue screen of death and have to restart your computer).

------------------
"Isn't the universe an amazing place? I wouldn't live anywhere else." - G'Kar, B5: Rangers

Wow. I decided to download the transmissions at work and mail them home later (I gather it's quicker that way) - and it took about 3 seconds for each download! I mean it!

At home I'm lucky, very lucky to get a speed of anywhere near 1.5-2 KB/s (with cable). Right now my download speed was 150 KB/s at the lowest, getting up to nearly 300 KB/s at best. Talk about FAST!! (We got a new 3 Mb/s dedicated line connection to our new office... yowza!!)

------------------

I also got the e-mail, but couldn't view the clips very well. I don't have Quicktime, so I tried to watch them using Windows Media and they didn't play right. Oh well, that's no biggie considering the movie itself will be on in like 2 days.
smile.gif

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

Who the hell is Alisa Alexander?

Did they mean to write Lyta? I couldn't get the trailer to download right. Did they say Lyta Alexander in the trailer, or did they say Alisa Alexander?

Did anyone else see that for G'Kar?

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

Are there any direct links available? Their links never seem to work for me.
frown.gif

------------------
Marc Cosgrove

"From chaos, order came. As was inevitable." -Summoning light

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
Did they say Lyta Alexander in the trailer, or did they say Alisa Alexander?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The voice said:

"You traveled for a time with a Lita Alexander"

------------------
"Come out kittycat... I won't hurt you... much..." (hear it)
-- Blackarachnia, "The Spark", Beast Wars

drakh@spamcop.net

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>The voice said:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hmmm... than there must be a little kiddie runnin around somewhere.
crazy.gif

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War is life and death is the only true peace."
war-demon@b5fan.b5lr.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drakh:
Originally posted by War-Demon:
Did they say Lyta Alexander in the trailer, or did they say Alisa Alexander?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The voice said:

Yeah, already told 'em:

Re. the second picture, after G'Kar is selected, it's "Lyta" Alexander NOT
"Alisa" Alexander. Anybody who's seen Babylon 5 KNOWS it's "Lyta"
Alexander who left with G'Kar in the episode "Objects in Motion"
and was the attaché to Vorlon Ambassador Kosh."

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 19, 2002 at 9PM & 11PM EST, January 20, 2002 at 5PM on The Sci-Fi Channel (US).
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back