• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Lochley - Good or Bad???

Lochley - Good or Bad???

• Great Character

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • She was ok

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Hell no, i miss Ivanova

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters
Heh heh... what about Captain Ellis Pearce then?

He'd be a rubbish skipper but it'd be fun just to watch everything go into meltdown. And I'd say it was a safe bet he was on the other side.

I just found out who he was.The arrogant captain from "A Voice In The Wilderness-Part 2".No, if it was up to me he wouldn't be even a Star Fury Pilot.He's just not for the job.

Heh I know, I was just messing.

Worst Captain's in Earthforce in no particular order:

Captain Hall of the EAS Heracles
Captain Jankowski of the EAS Prometheus
Captain Ellis Pearceof the EAS Hyperion

Heh I know, I was just messing.

Worst Captain's in Earthforce in no particular order:

Captain Hall of the EAS Heracles
Captain Jankowski of the EAS Prometheus
Captain Ellis Pearceof the EAS Hyperion

Yeah those three were really annoying.Especially Captain Jankowski who handled the first contact situation with the Minbari like a caveman.

Last edited:
I liked here she had toughness about her. if you crossed her god help you as Garibaldi found out the first time they had a disagreement.

Absolutely spot on analysis. Think Tracy has some half way decent qualities, and you could see she was trying, but her acting range was just not that of the other actors. Definitely more suited to shows like Renegade or that ilk, not intense delivery of dialogue needed for this show.

Still IMO she was still better than that Monihan lady-think she played #1 from Mars. Or the Admiral that taught Sheriden in school and was supposed to be his arch enemy at the final of earth civil war arc. Now that was just bad acting.

Ahhhh.....Been waiting years to rant like that....

Still IMO she was still better than that Monihan lady-think she played #1 from Mars. Or the Admiral that taught Sheriden in school and was supposed to be his arch enemy at the final of earth civil war arc. Now that was just bad acting.

Ahhhh.....Been waiting years to rant like that....

You mean General - General Lefcourt to be precise.

The actual Captain of the same ship, Captain Charles Mitchell, reminded me of Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf!;):LOL:

Still IMO she was still better than that Monihan lady-think she played #1 from Mars. Or
The actual Captain of the same ship, Captain Charles Mitchell, reminded me of Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf!;):LOL:
. . . . . . . . . . . . now that you mention it, yeah, he did seem a bit like that.

Simply put, I do not like the character. It didn't feel to me that she brought anything to the show, but I suppose that she fits in the picture - it could've been a lot worse. I don't particularly miss Ivanova either since I didn't like the latter comedian as much as I did like the stiff one in the first season.

You know who I would've loved to see running B5? Zack. Man, that could've been great. They could've toned down the military outpost crap and shove it more into something like a real diplomatic station with an internal security running the whole shebang.

My own take on it is that Lochley was fairly terrible in B5, but really pretty good in Crusade, and adequate in "Lost Tales." I would have liked to have seen more of her, and I think I would have liked the character a lot more, had she been introduced at any time other than the final season of B5, when it was just one more source of stress on an already-overstressed production.

I liked Lochleys character, and tried not to see her as an Ivanova substitute. That being said, I was as upset as I suspect most of you were when Claudia left. Claudia was irreplaceable, and Tracy must have felt enormous pressure when she came on the show.

Yeah. My aversion to Lochley in S5 was mostly that her character felt a little half-baked and not-quite-lived-in yet. By the time of the movies and Crusade, it seemed like writer and actress had a much better sense of who she was, and suddenly she became a lot more likeable

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back