• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Letters From the Other Side (possible spoilers)

I really enjoyed part 2. While the battle with VS might be a "stretch", let's not forget, this is science FICTION. I'll always find it amusing - with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for example - how people will point out one part of one episode that wasn't real. You're watching a show about hot teen chicks killing vampires! Get a grip and enjoy it! Suspension of disbelief is necessary for most shows, and frankly, part of the fun.

-Tim

I thought it was good, but I kept on getting hit in the head with clunky expositionary dialogue, which is something I never appreciate.

...and I'm not sure Monica and I can call our newsletter "From The Valhalla Sector" anymore.

More later from me.

Since I don't get Showtime, I have a friend recording this stuff for me so may little comments may come quite late.

I just watched both eps in a row. Definitely way cooler that way, like a movie.

Theme songs: As soon as I heard it I start singing, "I've the got faith of the hea-ea-eart!"

Sam Gamgee: cool. I think that respectful-to-all-religions atheist JMS will offer or imply some sort of explanation for this guy's direct line to the Almighty. As a character he may assume Ezekiel's place in the story structure.

New chick (Dad's assistant): wow, what a cutie. If I had a "type" of woman, she would be it. Ah, those soft cheeks, pronounced features, sweet voice, and that thick black wavy hair- I'm in love.

Plot, action, etc was all very hip. A satisfying conclusion to last season's cliffhanger.

Sam Gamgee: cool. I think that respectful-to-all-religions atheist JMS will offer or imply some sort of explanation for this guy's direct line to the Almighty. As a character he may assume Ezekiel's place in the story structure.

He's obviously talking to *somebody* who knows what's going on in the near future...

Re: Letters From the Other Side (possible spoilers

I thought it was good, but I kept on getting hit in the head with clunky expositionary dialogue, which is something I never appreciate.

Can you give me an example? I always hear people talk about stuff like that but not sure if I really know what they are talking about.

I'll have to take a look at the episode again, and I'll give you an example.

I did like the death scene. It was well-done and appropriately horrifying... and Libby will be having nightmares for a long time to come.

The thing that really broke my heart was Markus, at the end, trying to talk Meaghan down. That was really well done. Peter Stebbings pulled off anguish pretty well -- the anguish of a guy who can't save the woman he loves... but if only he could touch her and bring her back from the ledge, if only...

And you noticed he sort of flailed his arms when she jumped.

Aww, I'm sniffling.

Yeah, that scene really got me too. I wonder if/when Markus will find love again...

No probs on the exposition stuff so get to it only if you want to. I guess I am dense in that respect or I just want the specifics of what didn't work for you.

Overall, I thought the first two eps were pretty good but there are a few points that keep nagging me which keep me from saying it was a great episode. ;)

Did it surprise anyone else that the virus so matter-of-factly spreads through touch? I don't recall that being established in the first season. There was an episode dealing with a town of people who made a law that they could not touch one another, but at the time it was believed to just be one of many experiments.

If this fact was established in S1, can someone point me to the episode? Was it mentioned in the season finale maybe when Jeremiah was learning all about the big death?

-Haze

It was specifically stated in the episode FIREWALL by a character named Clete. I am sure there must have been some other places it was mentioned but that is the one I remember the most. I have had to point this out a number of times so I suspect quite a few people have missed this revelation. :(

Hmm, should probably add it to the FAQ if I have certain answers memorized. :LOL:

On another note ... I have gotten some information about the upcoming episode STRANGE ATTRACTORS from the Executive Producer of the series, Scott Mitchell Rosenberg. He talks about Smith too. See my forums for more info or I will post it here later. I am proping my eyelids open right now.

Thanks for the info. Can't believe I missed that factoid. :eek:

-Haze

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back