• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Getting paid to see the Ranger movie

RW7427

Super Moderator
I have a funny story to share. I asked for this Saturday the 19th off so I can watch "To Live and Die in Starlight" and they ended up giving it to me as one of my paid personal days. Now I keep saying, "Cool! I can paid to watch the Ranger movie!" Of course, my manager doesn't know why I asked for it off, and I'm not going to tell her either.
lol.gif
But I will be off from work, watching the movie, and getting paid for the day at the same time.
smile.gif

------------------
With a salad fork and a couple of purple wombats I could rule the galaxy.

*L* That is tooo cool, RW! You go!
laugh.gif

------------------
Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.

That's the great thing about taking a "personal" day off.

Your reason doesn'm matter.
smile.gif
It's not calling in sick so you can go play. No harm, no foul.

Go, RW.
laugh.gif

I just found out my folks don't get scifi in their cable package, so it's a good thing I remembered to set my vcr recording.

I set it for each of the three showings this weekend, just to be on the safe side.
lol.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Well as far as I know, none of my bosses are science fiction fans, so they wouldn't post here and find out.
lol.gif

------------------

That's cool, but not nearly as cool as being paid by condom companies to to do it with sexual surrogates in order to test their products.

------------------
"Dawn's in trouble? Must be Tuesday." -- Buffy Summers, "Once More With Feeling."

RW7427 someone will tell your bosses.

If you wrote a report on Babylon 5 products that may sell would your bosses read it? Take into account the sort of people who watch Babylon 5 and what we buy. It will probably be the fall before the new series is shows, so your company will have plenty of time to find appropriate products.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Hardly. I work in a grocery store. It's not like we sell spoo or flarn.
lol.gif

------------------

No Babylon 5 plates for you then. Or playing cards, pencil cases, DVDs, books or even Akira furniture.

------------------
Andrew Swallow

Just to reiterate...

The point of a "personal" day is that you get a day off work to do WHATEVER, and the company doesn't have to scramble at the last minute to bring someone in or spread necessary chores around because you called in "sick"...

So, with the exception of something that would get him arrested
shocked.gif
RW shouldn't have anyone at work, including his boss, mad at him because he had his priorities straight.
laugh.gif

Ro

------------------
A ship in a port is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back