• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Silly question

RW7427

Super Moderator
I know this is kinda late because the Ranger movie was on months ago, but I have it on tape and just watched it again the other night. As I watched it, I noticed something that I never noticed before. To me, that Hand rep or whoever he was (the one in the dark robe with the hooks on the shoulders) sounded like that head of the Minbari Ranger Council. Their voices didn't sound the same of course when you just hear them speak, but when you listen closely to him, as I did the other night, he seems to sound like the council leader. It just stuck me that the way they both pronounced words was the same. It's like they took the actor's voice, the one that played the council leader, and synthesized it or changed it somehow and used it for that Hand guy. Has anyone else noticed this, or does it seem like I am spaced out on drugs or something? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Any comments are welcome, even smart alleck ones. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Thanks.

You're "spaced out on drugs or something". /forums/images/icons/wink.gif You said, "any comments are welcome, even smart alleck ones". /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I don't think they sound alike at all, but that's just my opinion. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I'd have to look at the tape again to be sure, but they didn't strike me as being similar. Even though the Hand lackey's voice was definitely run through some processing, Sindell's was a lot more inflected, and just had a different timbre.

**Pours some Pepsi on the hair crest.**

There, now it should be sticky. /forums/images/icons/devil.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Well in Britain, Rangers has yet to see the light of day! Maybe now Channel 5 has bought B5, it might get put on at some point. I hope C5 treat B5 better than C4 treated the latter day B5 episodes and Crusade.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Maybe now Channel 5 has bought B5,

[/quote]
Well shave my legs and call me "Smoothie", when did that happen???

Man ... I have to get out less!

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I sneaked into WH Smith's and read it in TV Zone. Not sure when they'll get round to airing anything!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Maybe now Channel 5 has bought B5, it might get put on at some point.

[/quote]
Sorry RW, but this is a misunderstanding.

Like you I sneaked (well strolled brazenly) into WHS and had a look at TVZone.

This "news" was included in an "alternate reality" article considering what the UK Cult TV scene would have been like if Sky 1 had never existed. You may have noted earlier references to the fact that in 1994 B5 was rejected by UK TV as Trek was already showing.

There is a further reference in a later year to the fact that it was rejected as a late night filler because it was judged too expensive to buy the complete run.

Nice as it would have been to see B5 taken up by a new terrestrial channel and given a fresh lease of life, its not gonna happen. Not yet anyway.

Regards,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back