• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Rangers Redux (fiction)

Re: Hints?

I agree ... don't say that, channe! If I thought that upon seeing every writer who is better than me, I might never write again ... but I ignore that and keep writing.

Plus you might have as many fans here as does "Firefly" ... stupid Fox execs ...

There's definitely more coming, and very soon.

Too bad the Liandra's out of range for ISN broadcasts at the moment - or they'd probably have at least one reciever set to tape this one:

VISUAL: Panning shots of the Tuzanor Ranger facility; Ranger vessels, including
Maria and Liandra, being loaded on the tarmac; A number of Whitestar flyovers; Delenn speaking at a press conference; three Rangers involved in intense hand-to-hand combat; Na'feel talking with Dulann on tarmac)

AUDIO, serious male voice: "For a thousand years, they paced the borders of Minbari society, waiting for the return of the Shadows. Now, the Anla'shok of the Interstellar Alliance face a new, and possibly deadlier, enemy: themselves. The hidden story of the new Ranger revolution, tonight at 7 on ISN Uplink Monday."

I just looked at the last time I posted Redux and had a coronary. Wow. I can't believe it's been weeks. Holy mackerel. I'm so very sorry.

Before all my readers run off for greener pastures, I just want to say that now that the holidays are over, and the wackier-than-wacky work deadlines that accompany them, I can put some thought into what's going to happen when the Rangers arrive at Beta Durani 7.

I will have something for you soon. Before Friday.

Aiiiie!

Good! You got us all hooked, now you don't want us all kicking your ass because you left us high and dry! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

^ Is it me, or did RW sound exactly like Kurdy right there?

But, yes, we are waiting eagerly for you, Channe.

Morden.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm trying to let channe know how much we appreciate her and her work! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I snagged the dress I was going to wear to a gig after work today on a door. So, now, instead of writing you Redux for the 1/2 hour between the end of the workday and my gig, I have to go home and change.

Dear lord, my luck is terrible.

Hold on to your horses.

I don't have a horse, but I'll find something to hold on to. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Right. To tell you what has been keeping me away from Redux would take up a space longer than the actual entry itself, so let's skip that for now and get back to the Malcolm-with-a-gun goodness, shall we? Recall that we're still in the flashback -

-----

Dulann's hands fell from the keyboard. He raised them slightly, palms up, and extended them for his crewmate's inspection. Malcolm's eyes flickered.

"Why aren't you in medbay?" the human tech said, hoarsely. His hands shook a little, knuckles growing whiter as he gripped the PPG, which nearly slipped from his hands. Tense, the human tech re-aimed the weapon. "What happened to the Captain?"

Dulann stepped back to reveal Reed's fatal injuries more clearly in the inconsistent light. "Suicide," he whispered, wondering if he was audible over the klaxons. "I didn't-"

"You weren't supposed to join them," said Malcolm. "You couldn't have held them off, Dulann-"

"They were in pain," he said.

Malcolm bit his lip, raising the gun slightly higher. Dulann saw his finger touch the trigger lightly. The human blinked, and softly replied. "Hell. I'm sorry. I thought that you might've-"

Dulann let his hands fall to his sides and nodded. "Understandable," was all the Minbari said, before looking back down at the console. He hit the comm button.

"
Alafa," announced Dulann, "we confirm on fighters. Evacuation proceeding."

But, wait, there's more.

-----

Sarah Cantrell, former secondary weapons officer and unwilling current acting captain of the Enfalli, met her future commanding officer as he was awakened from a drugged slumber by a sour-faced, blood-splattered, badly-in-need-of-a-long-vacation-on-Lake-Nerma healer from the Enfalli staff.

The ailing Martel had been accompanied in the escape pod by Dulann and two engine techs, one of whom was nursing a half-bleeding arm. As Dulann pulled himself out of the pod, he was met by a red-haired female human, who brusquely introduced herself as the acting captain, informed him that engine power had just been restored and the Enfalli would be underway within a few moments, and would he please see to her staff and then join her on the bridge?

Dulann nodded, and glanced at Martel.

"That's your exec?" asked Cantrell, not waiting for an answer before plowing into her next sentence. "Who's listed as commander on
Alafa?"

Dulann cast a glance toward the unconscious Martel. "David."

Cantrell crossed her arms. "Hell. We're going to need his authorization." She flagged down a medtech, pointing at the prone body of Dulann's executive officer. "Can we wake him up?"

The medtech frowned, looking at Sarah murderously. "I suppose," she muttered, waving a surgical tool of some sort. "He's stabilized pretty good, but he'll be in a lot of pain."

Cantrell thought on this for about two and a half seconds, and then nodded. "Right. Wake him up."

The medtech walked over to Martel's gurney, checked a few instruments, frowned at the injured man's connections to the nutrient pods, and reached into a kit at her side.

(and i just slammed my hand on the wall, it kills to type, will type later)

Aaah... Redux drug running through veins... will be alright for awhile. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back