• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Goddammit, that does it!!!

Man, I don't get the Firefly cult audiance. I'm a big Buffy/Angel fan, but never took to Firefly. Frankly, I thought it was pretty bad. I think its more of a cult audiance of a couple members of aint-it-cool-news than an actual cult following that are making all the noise.

-Tim

I have to say I rather enjoyed Firefly. I didn't much like the pilot, but it grew on me gradually.

I never saw a single episode of Firefly; I kept always forgetting when it came on and frequently forgot that it came on at all.

OK,

I realize I may be the only person on this site thinking this but, I actually DONT REALLY WANT a B5 movie.

There, I've said it.

Sure the previous TV movies were OK, but they were just that, OK. Would a B5 movie in a theatre really be that great? Not in my mind.

What drew me to B5 was the amazing pre-planned story arc and how it unfolded. I think all the B5 magic would be lost in a 2 hour movie. It would just be another sci-fi movie with some characters that I like. You just can't do anything THAT grand in a 2 hour movie and the previous telemovies are a testament of that. I think In the Begining was great, and the rest mediocre. 1/5 isnt such great odds.

I, however, would LOVE to see another B5 series of some type, but I think we all know thats not going to happen. Something grand and sweeping like B5 and makes the most of JMS's talent, and much of that magic would be lost trying to tell a short story. A very short story.

I agree with you. Sure, a B5 movie might be fun, but it would be like a mini-marshmallow for a starving man. I would feel a bit annoyed that I was missing the delight of a long-term story arc.

I dunno - the arc (esp. season 5) sets up the telepath war, and I can see an awesome 3 hour movie doing that justice. It would be another chapter of the B5 story, standing alone yet also foreshadowed in the series proper. And at this point, it’s much more reasonable to hope for than a series deal.

It's certainly more reasonable, but I don't necessarily want to be reasonable. I'll appreciate anything that is done, but I want what I want, and that's a series.

Family Guy is even getting a movie, from what I have heard. Come on, guys--where is the B5 movie?!! I mean, *Family Guy*? :confused:

Tammy

Family Guy is even getting a movie, from what I have heard. Come on, guys--where is the B5 movie?!! I mean, *Family Guy*? :confused:

Tammy
If you EVER dis Family Guy in here again I will cut out your tongue and tack it up on the frontpage of this site! :mad:

Seriously though, Family Guy = Funniest. Show. Ever. It was cancelled after 3 seasons because FOX was being dumb. Then it starts getting re-runs on Cartoon Network a couple years later and gets great ratings for them. DVD comes out and they get huge sales for it, and studios start to realize that maybe it wasnt so bright to cancel the show, so they are talking about a movie.

I would go to a Family Guy movie in a second. Hell I will be first in line when their Volume 2 DVD comes out on Tuesday. Good stuff.

What drew me to B5 was the amazing pre-planned story arc and how it unfolded. I think all the B5 magic would be lost in a 2 hour movie. It would just be another sci-fi movie with some characters that I like. You just can't do anything THAT grand in a 2 hour movie and the previous telemovies are a testament of that. I think In the Begining was great, and the rest mediocre. 1/5 isnt such great odds.
I couldn't agree more... and Family Guy rules.

Family Guy was great.

The thing about Firefly that made it impossible for me to watch was the settlers. You take a spaceship to a colony than think to yourself, "I need a covered wagon, and oxen". WTF?

That same thing threw me for a loop too when I was trying to get into it.

I mean, I realize it was supposed to be a Western meets Space, but man, travelling 100 light years faster than light and busting out covered wagons and shit was a little too tough for me to take...

I've only seen the pilot of Firefly (the one called Serenity), and what I saw, I liked. I like differing from the usual. And that was certainly different. Plus it had a good story, likeable characters and decent SFX, as usual.

Too bad it got axed.

Doesn't mean B5 couldn't use a theatrical movie and a miniseries.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back