• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

"Divided Loyalties"

Morden

Regular
\"Divided Loyalties\"

Tonight, "Divided Loyalties" plays on sic-fi.
You new viewers of this episode are in for a REAL treat. You get the 3 big L's:
1. 'L'yta she comes back for this one.
2. 'L'esbianism. Only the finest too.
laugh.gif

3. 'L'oyalties divided, someone isn't what they appear to be...

Anyhow, it's a classic episode, and I hope you enjoy it.

------------------
"Ink on a page." -Refa describing the moral depths of a treaty.

Re: \"Divided Loyalties\"

I haven't seen "Loyalties" in a long time because during the show's last run on TNT, I taped over it trying to put my tapes in more of a chronoligical order, and I haven't been able to see it each of the times it was on Scifi until now. But I do remember that it is a good episode, one that I'm glad I was able to tape again.

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, our last best hope for peace, and a good meal too!

Why does everyone always get so worked up about Ivanova/Talia?!

------------------
In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the grace of God.
-Aeschylus

I'm happy for you, RW.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A. That stuff is a man's biggest cheap thrill.
2) It was the greatest moment of B5...ever
Next: Tradation
Sixthly - Nothing else better to talk about

------------------

The way Lyta came out of the Vorlon transport look cool aswell
smile.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

And you can't forget the Pak'ma'ra shake!!!

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by whitestar90:
The way Lyta came out of the Vorlon transport look cool aswell
smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that scene from an episode yet to come?

------------------
"I do not believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."-- Galileo

"I think I speak for Mr. Bloom and myself when I say: you are the only director in the World who can do justice to 'Springtime For Hitler' " - Zero Mostel, The Producers

Yes, it is. Can't remember which one off the top of my head, but in this one, she arrives on-station in a plain old human transport.

While lying down.

Unconscious.

And rather badly beat up.

I think she'd prefer her entrance via the Vorlon transport, too :)

--mcn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Billy I was excited I got to see the shake again. I taped over this ep when I was redoing my tapes when the show was on TNT and I forgot the Shake was in this ep. I laughed when I saw it! I'm so glad I got to get it on tape again.
laugh.gif
I'll always think of you and thrawn when I see it.
laugh.gif

------------------
The Whitestar Salad Bar, the galaxy's best place for parties.

i could have sworn talia was about to kiss Ivanova a couple times and that line 'i woke up and you werent there' heh
Was there really something going on there or were they just being really good platonic buddies?
laugh.gif

------------------
-----Khurzhor-----

"Farewell friend. I was a thousand times as evil as thou."
-Stormbringer

Well, yes, JMS says that they did the deed. Now to all my fellow males who get worked up over the Talia/Ivanova thing: go rent a copy of the movie The Hunger, and you can see Catherine Deneuve and Susan Sarandon get it on, very tastefully, but somewhat more explicitly. The Talia/Ivanova thing pales by comparison, so you can stop fixating on it.
wink.gif

------------------
You're speaking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Maid Marian
Fluently! Errol Flynn as Robin Hood
You're talking treason! Olivia De Havilland as Arabella Bishop
I trust I'm not obscure. Errol Flynn as Dr. Peter Blood

Pallindromes of the month: Snug was I, ere I saw guns.
Doom an evil deed, liven a mood.

The scene where Lyta comes out of of the Vorlon transport is in Passing Through Gethesemene, which is an early third season ep. In Divided LoyaltiesLyta is

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>found unconscious in a battered Earth ship that is floating outside B5. It is Garibaldi who recongises her. </font></td></tr></table>

DL is one of my favourite eps - and yes that Pal'ma'ra shake is great. Talk about conspiracies in the bathroom! And the scenes between Ivanova and Talia are very well done, and very subtle. I totally missed the fact that they might have been lovers the first time I saw it. It was only seeing it later, that it became clear that something more than friendship was going on. As for whether did they? Or didn't they? Well, either way, the results were the same. Ivanova had finally come to trust someone - only to be very badly hurt - again.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hypatia:
Isn't that scene from an episode yet to come?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, Passing Through Gethsemane, Ep. 48. Divided Loyalties is Ep. 41.

------------------
KoshN
-------------
Vorlon Empire

"To Live and Die in Starlight"
pilot movie for "Babylon 5 - The Legend of the Rangers"
January 2002 on The Sci-Fi Channel.
http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by channe:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I recommend you pay a visit to the NC-17 forum and find my thread about lesbianism. It explains everything.
wink.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Didn't I read/hear/see someplace that the Pak'ma'ra have their own bathrooms because of their particular diets? Somewhere in my mind I recall other species not wanting to be around Pak'ma'ra-specific personal hygiene facilities -- much more so than is the case with other species, that is...

That aside, this is a very interesting episode. We see, up close and personal, why Ivanova won't let Marcus get close to her -- she's been snake bit twice in two years...

We also get a much clearer idea how ... complicated ... things are getting on Earth -- as if we didn't already have enough hints! Also, Zack is walking around with that armband... All in all, a pretty full episode.

------------------
"What's up, Drakh?"

Michael Garibaldi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, Crazy. ^ That's what makes you cool, reminding us all about what REALLY makes this episode special.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Somewhere in my mind I recall other species not wanting to be around Pak'ma'ra-specific personal hygiene facilities -- much more so than is the case with other species, that is... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's where watching the Background is fun.

If you look quickly when the Pak'Ma'Ra comes out of the stall in that bathroom scene, you will see that the stall is Labeled:
"Pak'Ma'Ra Only".
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

------------------
The 3 most common elements in the Universe:
Hydrogen, Greed, Stupidity!

Oooooooooops my mistake
blush.gif

------------------
"When it is time, come to this place, call our name, we will be here" -Walkers of Sigma957

Back