• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Music from Sleepin In Light

Does anyone know a web site where I can find a wav file of the music(without the words) that is played when B5 is blown up in SIL? I would really like to know because I am doing a video project for school and I would like to use that music.
Thanks,
HockeyPlayer47

------------------
Ah, good old Psi-Corps. Ya know you guys never cease to amaze me. Just what do you do in your spare time anyway? Juggle babies over a fire pit? Woops... there goes another calculated risk!!!
-Ivonova

God I'm off! I couldn't be more off the f~(%!n' mark! -Bruce Boxleitner

[This message has been edited by HockeyPlayer47 (edited October 19, 2001).]

I dunno about wav files of SiL, but you can get MP3 files of it at Music of B5. It's got a very good selection.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Y'know, I knew the B5 music was great, but I never realized exactly *how* great it was until I just listened to it by itself...easily the best music for any Sci-Fi series *ever*, probably any TV series period...

Question: did the B5 music ever win any awards? I sure hope it did...

I still can't decide whether I like the Season 4 or Season 5 opening themes better :)

Ok, enough rambling. :)

Cheers,
-mcn

You might wanna try Downbelow Sound Don't know if what you're looking for is there or not, but it's pretty cool anyways.
smile.gif

------------------
Oh, School and Mundanes Suck.

PK's UBB Board
Psi-Corps

[This message has been edited by Psi-Kid (edited October 19, 2001).]

I'm just glad they never used David Bowie's Space Oddity as theme music.
crazy.gif

------------------
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."

Sorry Guys,
Those didn't work. I need them in WAV files not ZIP files.
Thanks,
HockeyPlayer47

------------------
Ah, good old Psi-Corps. Ya know you guys never cease to amaze me. Just what do you do in your spare time anyway? Juggle babies over a fire pit? Woops... there goes another calculated risk!!!
-Ivonova

God I'm off! I couldn't be more off the f~(%!n' mark! -Bruce Boxleitner

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> Those didn't work. I need them in WAV files not ZIP files. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can get Winzip to open up the zip files to gain access to the mp3's. Then get Winamp to play the mp3's. If you absolutely need them to be wav files, there's probably a program out there that converts them.

------------------
Sheridan: Are you trying to cheer me up?
Ivanova: No sir, wouldn't dream of it.
Sheridan: Good, I hate being cheered up. It's depressing.
Ivanova: So in that case we're all going to die horrible, painful, lingering deaths.
Sheridan: Thank you, I feel so much better now.

Final theme from Sleeping In Light is by FAR the best music ever to be made for a TV series, and, IMHO, one of the best music creations in the history of music. No shit
smile.gif

I have the whole theme on Mp3, it's 5:38 minutes and is really great
smile.gif

You can contact me on icq, I'll send you the file along with instructions on how to turn it into a Wav file. Notice that the Wav file should take a few tens of MB's...

My icq - 54825252
Current Nick - Raving Worm

------------------
"If I don't see you again here... I will see you, in a little while... In a place where no shadows fall."

Babylon 5, my dear dear fellow fans, is the greatest thing on this earth. Understand how lucky you are for knowing it.

Live For The One
Die For The One
Eat At Joe's
Etc, etc.

Infested Londo -

The SiL music was great - some of the best to be written for the movies and television - but it can't hold a candle to Gorecki or any of the Old Standbys
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Channe, the next JMS, who lives for the One and dies for the chocolate cheesecake
--
OnlineDude: I suppose now would not be the time to bring up the old one about the starlet who was so new to Hollywood she slept with the writer...
JMS: But that was only because she heard that in Hollywood, *everyone* screws the writer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:
You can get Winzip to open up the zip files to gain access to the mp3's. Then get Winamp to play the mp3's. If you absolutely need them to be wav files, there's probably a program out there that converts them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. Musicmatch will convert MP3 to WAV and the other way 'round.

------------------
"We are (not) all Kosh."

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazybillyo:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winamp itself can actually convert mp3s to wav files, and it's very easy.

------------------
"There are moments when we all become someone else, something other than what we are. It takes only a moment, but we spend the rest of our lives looking back at that moment in shame."

Yup, it has a plug-in that you get with the software.

Hmm.
The dude still haven't contacted me
smile.gif

Oh well, perhaps he managed by now.

Channe - Well I'm not sure I know the music you're talking about...
But I guess it's a matter of taste.
I don't like saying that "classic" music is always the best... Just cause Mozart, for example, is a genius, it doesn't mean someone from a metal band, such as Helloween, for example (
smile.gif
), is any less of a genius.

That's my opinion anyway.

------------------
"If I don't see you again here... I will see you, in a little while... In a place where no shadows fall."

Babylon 5, my dear dear fellow fans, is the greatest thing on this earth. Understand how lucky you are for knowing it.

Live For The One
Die For The One
Eat At Joe's
Etc, etc.

Most of you probably know how to do this by now but I wrote a tute for a friend just recently. It shows how to decode your garden variety mp3 to wav out using winamp. Here is the link:
mp3 to wav

Well Frankes music is very well made and executed by a great orchestra.
I have always loved B5 changing themes that is a variation on it self, S3 had this dark feel of lurking evil and sadness.
S5 is perhaps the best sounding of them all.
SIL...well that is very very good, but you cannot compare Mozart with anything modern, nobody has created this amount of extremely good music and stayed great for more than 200 years.
All respect to Franke and others but Mozart is a one of a kind soul.
On the other hand taste is something entirely else
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif
I like to listen to this and that without caring much about who or when it was made, good music is simply good music.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ok thanks guys.

But look at the date I posted this message.

[/quote]

Hehehehe. Sorry HP, I saw the thread popup the other day and replied to it. Hadn't seen it when it was originally posted. Ohh well. Better late than never /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back