• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Londo's Family

Londo\'s Family

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if Londo ever mentioned his father or any other members of his family. I know about his wives but is there anyone else that we learn about? I need this information for English. We have to write a SciFi/Fantasy story dealing with prejudice and I want to write about the Narns and the Centauri (sp?).

Thanks in advance,
HockeyPlayer 47

Re: Londo\'s Family

In the season 1 episode "War Prayer", London talks about his father. I don't think he mentioned any other members of his family. I hope this helps.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if Londo ever mentioned his father or any other members of his family.

Season 1 - Midnight on the Firing Line (nephew, Carn Mollari)
Season 1 - The War Prayer (father, "...shoes too tight...")

Remember G'Kar's leverage over Mollari from The Gathering?
It was something about past atrocities committed against the Narn by his family... that could of been his father.

Remember G'Kar's leverage over Mollari from The Gathering?
It was something about past atrocities committed against the Narn by his family... that could of been his father.

...and "Born to the Purple" ?

Unfortunately I don't remember the episode off the top of my head (I'm sure someone will :eek:). It was the one where Londo was telling Garibaldi about having married a dancer ("whatever it is, it can't be that bad...and then she kissed me, right here"). He told Garibaldi that he married her, and his family told him that if he stayed married to her he would be dead to them.

Londo\'s Family

Hey Guys,

Actually, War-Demon, G'Kar's leverage over Londo in the Gathering (because of past atrocities committed against Narns by Londo's family) is where I got the idea for my paper from, once I found out that the paper had to be a SciFi/Fantasy paper dealing with prejudice.

Everything so far has been very helpful. Thanks everyone. But does anyone recall if there was any mention of Londo's family in the Legions of Fire books? It's been over a year since I've read them and I can't find my copies right now.

Thanks in advance,
HockeyPlayer47

If I recall correctly, Londo's family is not mentioned in the Legions of fire trilogy. The fates of 2 of his wives are told in the book. If you want that info, feel free to ask :)

The scene in the gathering where Londo mentions certain atrocities were committed by his grandfather .Then of course Carn Mollari in Midnight but I can't think of any mentions after season one .Hope this helps .

He told Garibaldi that he married her, and his family told him that if he stayed married to her he would be dead to them.

I seem to remember from the show that the Londo's "dancer wife" (for lack of a better term) was the only one he really cared for.

But, during one of his (and IMHO the best) monologues from "In the Beginning" he says "In my life I had 4 wives, I cared for them all deeply..."

Did I just kind of assume that he really only cared for the dancer, or did he actually say something to this affect during an episode?

"In my life I had 4 wives, I cared for them all deeply..."

It's a gray area. He probably loved each of them for a moment. And then the moment passed :p. The only ones he truly cared for though are the dancer and Timov.

But, during one of his (and IMHO the best) monologues from "In the Beginning" he says "In my life I had 4 wives, I cared for them all deeply..."

Londo is looking back on a long life from a point which he knows is very close to its end. That he sees some things as he wants to see them is hardly surprising. Also in the intervening years Londo has had other dealings with Mariel and Timov. He sees his whole relationship with each of them retroactively colored by the most recent events. See the Centauri Trilogy. I really can't post more without giving away spoilers.

Regards,

Joe

Back