• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

G'kar's Goodbye Theory

G\'kar\'s Goodbye Theory

Hey Guys,

I need help. I'm a senior in high school and am on the Year Book staff. In 8th grade my English teacher died on the last day of school and we are dedicating the yearbook to her. So, Since I was one of the students who was closest to her, I'm creating the dedication page. One of the themes that is apart of the yearbook is time. Because of this and because of the fact that the quote that I'm looking for really helped me cope with her death, I would like to use the words that G'kar spoke when he was saying goodbye to John Sheridan when he was leaving in the episode Objects in Motion. I would like it to be word for word if possible. I'll do any adjusting that may be needed.

Much Thanks in Advance,
Dan Anderson (HockeyPlayer47)

Re: G\'kar\'s Goodbye Theory

Don't remember if this is the full quote, but perhaps this would help:

<font color="orange">"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go anywhere in the station, when it is quiet, and just listen. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone .. our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit .. that the part of me that is going .. will very much miss the part of you that is staying."</font color>

From this wonderful B5 quotes page.

A quick search of the Down Below Sound Archive turned up this quote:

<font color="orange">G'kar "You see ... I ... I believe that when we leave a place part of it goes with us and part of us remains. Go any where in this station when it is quiet and just listen. After a while you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged. Long after we are gone, our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains. But I will admit that the part of me is going, very much miss the part of you that is staying."
Sheridan "You take care of yourself out there old friend. Maybe we will meet up again down the road a ways."
G'kar "Maybe so."</font color>

The sound clip can be found here:
http://b5.sdvc.uwyo.edu/bab5/snds/gkargdby.zip

Errie ... we posted almost the same exact thing at the same time. We even got the formatting down almost identical. Good thing we got the quote from different sources or else I would really be freaked out. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

True. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Except that I beat you by about five minutes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Guess I had my link handier than you had yours! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I definitely spent more time formatting and editing it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Somebody else that thinks like Kribu....scary indeed. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, I think that is a very good thing to put in the yearbook to your teacher HockeyPlayer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yea, let's get our focus back here, /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think that it is a triumphant teacher that inspires this kind of tribute from her own students. No surprise to me that you'd look towards B5 for an inspiring quote.

Less of a suprise even that you'd pick a G'kar quote. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kribu would love me for saying this:

G'Kar had some excellent lines. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Guys,

I was just thinking about how G'kars words helped me cope with my teachers death and it got me thinking about the B5 quotes book that has been talked about. I know that they were looking for stories from people about how B5 helped/moved/inspired or, in an overall sense, "affected" them. Do any of you think that my story about how G'kars words helped me with my teachers passing would be a good story to submit?

Thanks in advance,
Dan Anderson (HockeyPlayer47)

While I think the window has closed on submissions for the quote book, I still think it could make a good story and it is worth a shot submitting anyway.

It is very likely that JMS will read it even if it is not used in the book. B5 has affected people in ways he could have never imagined and I don't think he ever takes it for granted.

Who knows, someday you might hear him telling your story at a convention and that would be a great honor indeed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back