• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Help!!!

Guys,
I need that Quote from tenesen (sp?)(you know who I mean) I'm in school and I need it. Were designing the yearbook and I need a quote.

Thanks in advance,
HockeyPlayer47

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

From Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1883) A Poem Left by Jeff Sinclair for John Sheridan /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Thanks!!!

OK. Not to be rude. Are you sure about the spelling of the name? I just want to be extra sure because this is for our school yearbook.

Thanks again,
HockeyPlayer47

Galahad's spelling is absolutely correct. If you don't happen to have an encyclopaedia or textbook of literature at hand to check it, you can just type 'Tennyson' into Google or something - the list of Tennyson sites that come up with that spelling looks like it includes some pretty professional efforts that have probably checked the spelling. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

That said, I have a Wordsworth paperback issue of Tennyson's collected works at home that spells it Tennnyson on the spine. /forums/images/icons/rolleyes.gif

Tennyson to the nth degree? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Most dictionaries have lists of well known people in the back, and surely he would be listed there, too.

Back