• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

I need HELP!!!

First of all I just want to say that I don't like the new set up for the message board. I think that it's a pain in the ass to have to login first. It took me five minutes to figure the damn thing out and I'm pissed. Now that that's all said and done I would like someones help. I am writing a report for English and I would like to use two quotes from B5. However, I have forgotten how they go exactly. The first was from tonights episode of "Infection." At the very end when Sinclair is saying that when the sun goes out, everything we've done will be for nothing. The second one was from season 5 in the episode called "The Wheel of Fire." The one where Franklin tells G'kar about the question with God and the rock, and it being the wrong question, and that maybe it's a puzzle. If someone would tell me what those two scenes were I would be very greatful.

Later,
HockeyPlayer47

First off, I dont get people's problems with logging in first. You have to enter your username and password to post here anyway, so who cares if you do it once up front, or over and over again as you post messages. Besides the features you get by doing this far outweight the simple difference. Second:

Infection:
"No. We have to stay here and there's a simple reason why. Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe and Lao-Tzu and Einstein and Morobuto and Buddy Holly and Aristophenes .. and all of this .. all of this was for nothing unless we go to the stars."

I dont know where to find the other one quickly. Here are 2 sites you can check out if you need more quotes (no the quote you asked for isnt in there I dont believe)

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~albert/Quotes/B5-quotes.html
http://scv.bu.edu/~aarondf/b5quotes.html

Enjoy.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Recoil:
<font color=yellow>First off, I dont get people's problems with logging in first. You have to enter your username and password to post here anyway, so who cares if you do it once up front, or over and over again as you post messages. Besides the features you get by doing this far outweight the simple difference.
</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Did we log in before posting before? I only remember having to give a password before posting to NC-17 or Premium for the first time of the session. The board knew who I was automatically. Maybe it just got to be so automatic that I don't remember entering my username, and that's why I don't remember doing it before I posted to non-NC-17 and non-Premium forums. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

Anyway, I don't see logging in one time, at the beginning of a session to be a big deal. The plusses of the new board FAR, FAR OUTWEIGH the minuses. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Did we log in before posting before? I only remember having to give a password before posting to NC-17 or Premium for the first time of the session. </font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
You may be right, although I imagine it depends on individuals browser and cookie settings, as well as autocomplete.

Originally posted by HockeyPlayer47:
<font color=yellow>At the very end when Sinclair is saying that when the sun goes out, everything we've done will be for nothing. The second one was from season 5 in the episode called "The Wheel of Fire." The one where Franklin tells G'kar about the question with God and the rock, and it being the wrong question, and that maybe it's a puzzle. If someone would tell me what those two scenes were I would be very greatful. </font color=yellow>

It sounds like the first one Recoil found for you but here is the second one:

Franklin, "Can God make a rock so big, that even he can't lift it?"
G'kar, "Yes, I've heard it, but ..."
Franklin, "What if that is the wrong question. Wonder if the right question is, can God create a puzzle so difficult, a riddle so complex, that even he can't solve it. What if that's us? Maybe a problem like this, is God's way of doing to us, a little of what we do to us."

There is a link to site for this and many more quotes. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

It was quite easy to do ... I just put in "god rock g'kar franklin" in the search and it was the first and only match. Pretty handy site. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Recoil, I think the old site used to do a "cookie" thing. We'd be logged in automatically.

Yes, I know, we are lazy complaining little critters. (hypatia hangs her head in shame.)

Hey Recoil,

Is your sig. "<font color=orange>'You can recall it? You mean like a defective Pinto?'</font color=orange>" from Buffy? Just curious.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by KoshN:
<font color=yellow>Hey Recoil,

Is your sig. "<font color=orange>'You can recall it? You mean like a defective Pinto?'</font color=orange>" from Buffy? Just curious.

</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>

Not even remotely close. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif
Its from 'Spies Like Us'.

I need help finding a b5 website, it is called THE LINE
does anyone know how to get to it, or if it even still exists.

Don't worry about it, I mailed Antony to find out what the hell was potting. I thought the login was to sign, so I didn't bother looking into it. To crown it all I lost one of my diamonds in the change over!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back