• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Favourite B5 Character........and Why?

Really? Some people like Grail? I'm curious, why?

I like it. I liked David Warner's character and I enjoyed that it was just a small little story that did a lot to help create the regular characters' personalities . I liked the ambition of using an entirely CGI alien. And I've many times echoed Londo's "I don't CARE about the BUDGET!" :p

Jan

Pretty much what Jan said... but I also liked the tantalisation of the one species who might know of the Grail's whereabouts. Aldous gets so close to asking Kosh... and then fate, coincidence and circumstance intervene to ensure he never gets to ask the question.

We are also left to assume that Thomas (yes I typed Jinxo and deleted it), never actually got round to asking Kosh.

I found it interesting that Kosh granted the audience given his cryptic and often reclusive behaviour (though he did speak to Shon's parents in Believers).

Kosh often seemed willing to talk to people -- witness his bedside appearance for the Emperor -- even when it seemed to serve him no purpose. He was a nice guy like that. Of course, what they got out of him is harder to say...

KoshFan said:
Kosh often seemed willing to talk to people -- witness his bedside appearance for the Emperor -- even when it seemed to serve him no purpose. He was a nice guy like that. Of course, what they got out of him is harder to say...

Kosh was kinda like a person staring at a line of ants walking along. We ants just fascinated him, which is something that set him apart from the rest of the Vorlons as revealed in their giant shift in behavior after his bucket got kicked.

I'm convinced that his curiousity eventually triggered compassion within him; one of my favorite lines of his is "Is there a problem?" -- Kosh popping out of Sheridan for a half-second when he was worried about Lyta and the new ambassador, knowing that Ulkesh couldn't be trusted to play nice...

JMS has also dropped a few hints here and there that Kosh and Valen were almost friends. Man, that's a story I want to see!

I like it. I liked David Warner's character and I enjoyed that it was just a small little story that did a lot to help create the regular characters' personalities .

I agree, I really liked Grail too.

I just loved it when G'kar got knighted!!! Sir G'kar; wonderful!

I just loved it when G'kar got knighted!!! Sir G'kar; wonderful!
G'Kar got knighted in "A Late Delivery from Avalon" and, yeah, I loved that scene, too.

For 'Grail', I think my favorite part was when Aldus was telling Thomas how he came to search for the Grail.

Jan

G'Kar got knighted in "A Late Delivery from Avalon" and, yeah, I loved that scene, too.

For 'Grail', I think my favorite part was when Aldus was telling Thomas how he came to search for the Grail.

Jan

Yup, sorry 'bout that! I get those two mixed up sometimes with the titles! :eek:

Jeffery Sinclair. He was introspective, filled with self-doubt but still did what he felt was right and I tend to gravitate to those kinds of characters.

Jeffery Sinclair. He was introspective, filled with self-doubt but still did what he felt was right and I tend to gravitate to those kinds of characters.

I really liked Sinclair, too, for pretty much the same reasons. In fact, the show almost lost me when they replaced him with Sheridan in the season season. But I'm glad I stuck it out!

"You speak like a Minbari":angel:

Loving most, and appreciating the rest: .... I like Vir Cotto!!!!

Why?

Because.:devil:

Ivanova, she has so many great lines. The repartee between G'Kar and Londo comes close second, but you can't really have one without the other.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back