• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

season 4 releasedate and coverart

Alpha1

This just available from Warner Brothers! Babylon 5 - The Complete Fourth Season: "No Surrender, No Retreat" is scheduled to hit the shelves in January:

The future begins - or ends - here and now. Here is the huge space station Babylon 5. Now is the fateful year 2261. Commander John Sheridan has already declared the station free, breaking the ties between it and Earth Alliance. It was perhaps only a matter of time before he would have to fight to remain free. That time has come in this complete 22-episode fourth-season adventure presented on 6 discs and featuring an exciting array of Exclusive Extras.

Street Date: Jan. 6, 2004

MSRP: $99.98

Discs: 6

Widescreen [16:9 Transfer]

Sound Quality:
Dolby Surround 5.1 - English

Subtitles:
English, French, Spanish

Closed Captioned for the hearing impaired

s4coverart.jpg

quelle: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=680

UPDATE: We have just gotten in the following list of supplements that will be on this set!

Introduction to Babylon 5 - Season 4 by series creator J. Michael Straczynski
2 commentaries by series creator J. Michael Straczynski, one including director Mike Vejar
Commentary by cast members Bruce Boxleitner, Jerry Doyle, Peter Jurasik and Patricia Tallman
"Celestial Sounds" featurette about series composer Christopher Franke and the making of the series music
"No Surrender, No Retreat" DVD Suite, original music composed exclusively for the DVD
"The Universe of Babylon 5"
Personnel Files and Data Files
Gag Reel
Episode Previews

ok so now we got

Orange
Blue
GREEN!
PURPLE!

what'll be next?

I'm guessin Red... some may argue that the first box was sorta reddish, but I want a DARK red...

*shrug*. Sheridan's military rank may be captain, but his job is commander of Babylon 5. And therefore "commander" is a word that can be applied to him. (Conversely the commanding officer of a ship is addresses as "captain" even if his/her military rank is Lt. Commander or Commander.)

It all depends on the context and how picky everyone feels like being. :)

Personally, I'm just glad to see the date. (If nothing else it will stop all the whining "why won't they announce the date" threads here and elsewhere. Of course, they'll only be replaced with whining "what are the extras/who will be interviewed/it sucks that X, Y or Z isn't going to do a commmentary/be in the documentary" threads. :D)

Later,

Joe

I can't believe they aren't releasing it in time for Xmas. Then again, this will give me something to get when I take back my unwanted Xmas gifts in exchange.

Somebody may have touched on this before, but I think it would have been cool if the packaging color schemes for the different seasons had gone in the probable color order of the Babylon stations (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue). I think that would have been a neat little wink to the show...something that the fans could appreciate.

but I thought...

I thought the DVD release was going to be in November, three months after season 3 was released. Why was it that Seasons 2 and 3 were released three months from eachother and season 4 isn't? I read somewhere they were releasin it in November :(

Oh well...

Look on the bright side. I don't have to spend my money until January...

Re: but I thought...

I always thought that Nov was a guesstimate. ;)

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in another forum? :p

Why was it that Seasons 2 and 3 were released three months from eachother and season 4 isn't?

For that matter, why were Seasons 1 and 2 released six months apart and the later seasons are being released closer together? :)

According to WB's original plans we should just be getting S3 in November, and S4 wouldn't be out until next May - so I'm not sure what everybody is complaining about.

Yes many (including myself) speculated that a November or December release for S4 was likely, given the shorter interval between S2 and S3, but Warner Bros. never said anything publicly on the subject, so it isn't their fault that we're all wrong. :)

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in another forum?

Yes, it should, as should a couple of others that drifted badly. Truth is that between my old computer being trashed and my new one being disconnected prior to and after the move, I haven't done much moderating in a couple of months - plus I've forgotten how to move a thread and still leave a pointer. :) (And before that this forum was so polite and tranquil - because all the rowdy posts were in "Off-Topic" :cool: - that I hadn't needed to do much around here for several months.

I'll have to brush up on my moderating skills before doing a light cleaning around here. My thanks to Zathras for moving the "Clark for President" thread, which is one that really needed to be out of here and in the proper forum. I don't suppose you could shoot me a private message or e-mail and remind me how to do that? ;)

Later,

Joe

PM sent. :)

Actually, I didn't think that non-mods could move threads or lock them even if they created it. I am guessing that Ant/Kribu did it. Then again, I haven't started a thread in a long time except in my own forum which doesn't really count so I don't really know. :LOL:

I thought the DVD release was going to be in November, three months after season 3 was released. Why was it that Seasons 2 and 3 were released three months from eachother and season 4 isn't? I read somewhere they were releasin it in November :(

Oh well...

Look on the bright side. I don't have to spend my money until January...
It was NEVER stated as fact that those were going to be the dates. Those were guesses and estimations. The original timetable was every 6 months (which was also an estimate). So far they are ahead of their original plans so we should all be happy. :p

I don't think non-mods can move their own threads, although I could be wrong.

Whoever did it must have edited Zathras's original post, and just altered the text to say "moved" and provide a link to the new location - because the one surviving message there is clearly from Zathras. I just assumed Zathras was the one who did it because I've been out of the loop so long I figure just about anybody could be a mod these days and I wouldn't know about it. :)

Later,

Joe

Speaking of moving threads, this one is going into "B5 Related" where it belongs, since it is a discussion of a B5 product (or rather, "future product") rather than the episodes themselves.

Regards,

Joe

Well maybe, just maybe since season 4 DVDs will not be out for the festive holiday season...... the book o'quotes will be ready for Christmas/Hunakah/Kwanza/G'Quon Day gift giving!!! :D

To repeat my S5 box color guess from another thread, I think it will be metallic gold. I was right about the purple, or at least close, since it looks like it is actually red-violet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back