• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Your Favourite TV Show Intro?

Sorry, two more spring to mind the 1968 Animated series Fantastic Voyage opening and closing themes both can be found on youtube. Also the Adventures of Big Guy and Rusty the Boy robot that can also be found on youtube

And now for something completely different the crazy weird and wonderful animated opening for Monty Python's Flying Circus

Has anyone mentioned the X-Files? Man, that was classic. The theme music became legendary, and the video montage so perfectly captured what the show was about (in the first couple of seasons before it became retarded).

Show intro with the best video and worst music: Enterprise.

I have to admit that i loved the intro to Roughnecks Starship Troopers the Complete Chronicles, that was really cool CGI series.

reading that made me smile, "We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" all the while you have exterior shots of the ship and then running through the trenches during the pluto campaign, it always make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

Does anyone remember the series StarBlazers? t. It was animae space saga from the 70's that put the live action scif such to shame. It had a really wonderful unlifting booming echoing theme that made me smile and want to jump evertime i heard . The show had great heart and animated character were more believable then anything sic that we had in the states. It had a continuing story arc and would be surprised if JMS and other did not draw some inspiration from this show. :cool:

Last edited:
In no particular order:

B5 Season 5
Crusade
Hawaii 5-0
MASH
New Dr. Who
Old Battlestar Galactica
New Battlestar Galactica
Firefly
Dark Shadows (I think the '91 version was the same as the original)
Star Trek TNG
Jeremiah Season One
Mission Impossible

Jan

Last edited:
It had a continuing story arc and would be surprised if JMS and other did not draw some inspiration from this show. :cool:

Not heard of that one... but JMS did have a major hand in at least one animation show. It was another of those cartoons that were made to sell toys... but in the case of this particular cartoon, the cartoon was waaaaaaaaaaaay more popular than the toy line which flopped... leaving the cartoon high and dry.:(

The name of the show was Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

I have the theme tune on my iPod... it's a very good driving tune!:):thumbsup:

Well, MOST folk are getting B5:3 right, no one gets it right after that!!!:p

Best (and cheesiest) Greatest American Hero: Believe It or Not.:LOL:

Going "Old School": Green Hornet, Twilite Zone, Outer Limits, Taxi and Lost In Space. And oh yeah, Batman (Adam West version:devil:).

Last, but not least, Simpson's theme by Danny Elfman. If you are unfamiliar with his early band career, listen to Oingo Boingo, who wrote/played Wierd Science, a guilty pleasure of mine.:eek::LOL:

Thunderbirds, or maybe the new CGI Captain Scarlett, then maybe Peter Davidson era Dr Who.

And I like Thunderbirds for the exact reason Recoil hates the new BSG, they flash up a preview of the episode. Where you were 8, and watching this, it built excitement to extreme levels, you knew your mum could not call you out for dinner in the next hour as all this cool stuff was going to blow up and you would miss it. Astounding psychology at work there. Not sure it worked as well in BSG, as shots of people arguing is never going to get the imagination going as much as an entire oil refinery blowing up.

I liked S2 of B5 myself. Also, the A-team and Knight Rider and Airwolf have to figure, as does the original BSG. Glen A Larson et al really knew how to do it back in the 1980's.

Last edited:
I surprised no one has mentioned this, but the intro to Stargate SG-1, especially season 6-8 is probably my favorite, along with Star Trek and TNG.

Also, the intro for the cartoon version of dilbert was pretty cool, if a bit trippy:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QW26mRdS3KE

What about Growing Pains and Who's the Boss? Come on, who doesn't sing along with those whenever they are on? :)

And of course, The Facts of Life...

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The facts of life, the facts of life.

There’s a time you got to go and show
You’re growin’ now you know about the facts of life,
The facts of life.

When the world never seems to be livin up to your dreams
And suddenly you’re finding out
The facts of life are all about you, you.

It takes a lot to get ‘em right
When you’re learning the facts of life. (learning the facts of life)
Learning the facts of life (learning the facts of life)
Learning the facts of life.

Doctor Who, (old and new) and the current BSG intro/theme. (which was supposed to be the only BSG intro/theme until Skiffy decided that what us dumb Americans really needed was some empty-headed warmongerin' music to drag our knuckles on the ground to)

Back