• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Official BSG S3 Spoiler Thread

Recoil

Regular
OK,

A thread for those who watch BSG to talk about Season 3. Considering the title of the thread, if any UK or Euro folks who don't have access to Season 3 yet, come in here and read something, its your own fault. :)

Anyway, what does everyone think? I finally saw the premier. I'll be honest, while the S2 finale twist was neat, I'm not a big fan of this whole "occupation" direction the show is taking, and I hope they get away from it after the writers do their obligatory "social commentary on the war on terror." My biggest beef is why the hell would the humans decide to settle down on THAT shithole planet? Doesn't look like the place I would want to colonize, thats for sure.

Seeing Apollo fat is kinda funny. Its like he had a plastic implant in his cheek. Oh, and he married that one chick, whose name I cant remember.

Perhaps the biggest moment in the premier is the apparent murder of Roslin and Richard Hatch's character, among some others. Killing her off (if she is indeed dead) is in some ways a bold move, and in other ways the right one. I think her integral part in the show is over anyway. Also, with conditions how they are, Hatch's character isn't really needed as much anymore either. Still, I liked their dialogue just before they got mowed down, the part about him wishing she did rig the election and she agreeing with him. So true. Sometimes you do have to do the wrong thing for the right reasons (which is ironic because that is what the cylon was trying to tell Baltar). Although...Baltar is a coward and only has his own interests in mind, where Roslin did have the whole human race in mind and clearly should have stolen the election for many reasons.

So I guess we will see how long they go with this "occupation": theme. I hope its not too long, only half a season or so, but we will see.

What did you guys think?

Well, I don't think the writers intended to create an Iraq/Cylon/Human political statement here. I think the creator's vision was to see how far he could push his characters and show us that when we are backed into a corner and put through hell, we're capable of going against our own moral judgment (i.e. Col. Tigh.)

I finally got sick of the whiners on the BSG Sci-Fi board threatening to quit watching the show because they were convinced the writers were trying to cram the Iraq situation down our throats. I can see that it mirrors current events (as well as past events in our country's history,) but I'd rather take it for what it is and watch the characters and stories evolve.

The pres is obviously not dead as we saw and heard her in the next episode's trailer. Boomer and Anders and the gang will toast some toasters before that happens, I'm pretty sure.

I've heard they will only spend a few episodes on the occupation before they're back in space. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but don't care either way. I thought the episode was fantastic and they spent the first episode really laying down some foundation for the rest of the season. They have a pretty complex and multi-dimensional playground to romp through.

Lee fat felt contrived to me. I can't see his character letting himself go in that manner.

I absolutely loved it.

Yes, the show is definitely making paralleles to the so-called "war on terror" and the occupations of Iraq and Palestine.

Unlike most people I know I actually embrace political commentary in entertainment and entertainers (and no, not just if I agree with it).

In BSG, the occupiers are the technologically advanced race who believe in one God and trying to bring order and their beliefs to a desperate, disgruntled people, forgetting that they are responsible for their desperation, and still having the gall to ask "why won't they just accept this?" The show couldn't be more of a parallel to our involvement in the mid-east if it was called "Meditations on Modern Islamo-American Relations."

They have the whole terrorism thing. They explain and rationalise, and make us feel sympathy, for terrorism. Holy shit.

And then to really hit us over the head with it, the human prisoners being driven to their mass execution were covered in those sacks that looked like the Abu Graib photos.

The only story line I wasn't that crazy about was Starbuck and the little kid. They already had one Cylon try to hook a human with the promise of raising a kid together, and the whole Balter-6-baby saga felt like it ended up going nowhere. And now this kid... I dunno, I'm sure it could turn out to be awesome, and maybe they want to explore a different side of the otherwise constantly-ass-kicking Starbuck, but, whatever.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one assuming that the kid's "accident" wasn't so accidental.

I liked the episode, and am enjoying the new aspects of the story, but I still liked the parts on Galactica better then the parts on New Caprica.

I really liked the episode, too! I was especially impressed with Edward James Olmos... :D he's soooo good!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Leoben pushed that lil tyke down the stairs...

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that half-cylon, still being a cylon, did it to herself as part of her programming. And beyond that, who knows if she really is a half-cylon anyway; she could be a full-on cylon just playing a part of half-cylon.

As for the Pres being not dead due to previews, I suppose thats why I never watch the previews for next weeks show if I can avoid it. Don't worry, I dont consider that a spoiler. I was on the fence anyway as if to she was really going to die, but as I wrote above, it probably would have been a good time to say goodbye to those two characters. Oh well.

I was hoping they would do the occupation for a bit then take back off again, which from what someone read may be the plan. I think thats great. While I wasn't wild about the concept, I did like the twist at the end of S2, and I do have to admit that the 2 hour premier was a VERY complex story with a lot of different points of view conflicting between characters. I loved that aspect of it.

Yep, I too could have done without the whole Starbuck drama with the Cylon and the kid, and for the money, I don't think her fall was an accident. I also do think Starbuck is playing them.

Personally, I much prefer the gritty reality of the War on Terror being set in this SciFi setting of BattleStar Galactica. A show like Jericho, I am starting to become disinterested in because it seems like it showing the war on Terror, with Human on Human, and I feel we already have that in reality, and all that will be gained from it is more Ultra Patriotism that we don't need. With Jericho, I would be happier if it turned out in a couple episodes that they start finding out it's aliens and the Mother Ships start pulling in a few episodes down the line, taking it into a remake of "V".

I get the feeling, other than the obvious immediate arc points, that the main reason for this Occupation is so they can set up a factional split within the Cylons.

Lee being fat was pretty shocking to me, LOL.

I think Kara came around too quickly with Casey, I think if they were gonna pull the rug out from under us and make the baby not be half human, they would've taken longer for Kara to come around.

I wonder if the rest of the 6's and Sharon's are going to continue being good little Cylons, or if they will break ranks and become a bigger dissenting voice. I believe one of the spoilers said:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

One of the Human model Cylons will be gone forever

E
N
D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

I don't know, I'm not sure I agree. Why wouldn't she hold that baby's hand, regardless of how long she'd known her? I would. I would do that whether I believed I was her mother or not. I know that I would do that, especially if I felt party to her being hurt.

Kara is not in the best state emotionally and I think the Cylons played her perfectly. She'd been held against her will for months, forced to find a way out by "killing" her captor over and over...a move she has to calculate daily and she still can't get out. Then the baby shows up with enough pieces of possibles fed to her that her reality is blurred even more. Kara shut her out and turned her back and the child was hurt. That would definitley pull on some heartstrings.

I don't know, I'm not sure I agree. Why wouldn't she hold that baby's hand, regardless of how long she'd known her? I would. I would do that whether I believed I was her mother or not. I know that I would do that, especially if I felt party to her being hurt.

Kara is not in the best state emotionally and I think the Cylons played her perfectly. She'd been held against her will for months, forced to find a way out by "killing" her captor over and over...a move she has to calculate daily and she still can't get out. Then the baby shows up with enough pieces of possibles fed to her that her reality is blurred even more. Kara shut her out and turned her back and the child was hurt. That would definitley pull on some heartstrings.

Taking the baby's hand wasn't the shocking part. Taking Leoben's hand as well as the baby's was the shocking part. You're right, taking the baby's hand was perfectly normal. but would you have then grabbed Leoben's?

if they do get back into space really quick then i need to know how things are going to play out with baltar. i ignored BSG for the first 2 seasons being a stone cold fan of the original but fell in love when i downloaded them over the summer, and for me baltar is the one character who really fascinates me, because he is completely human, the colonies were destroyed because he fell in love and made a mistake, he misrepresented boomers test results for the same reason, and eventually he signed the death warrant out of fear for his own life. also i think there could be an interesting twist involving ellen sleeping with dean stockwell bot, if you remember when she came aboard galactica she was tested, and baltar said she was clear, but then 6 asked what the result was and he said something like "nobody will ever know", if she turns out to be a sleeper agent, that could set the cat amongst the pidgeons even more so than boomers shooting adama at the end of season 1.

if they do get back into space really quick then i need to know how things are going to play out with baltar. i ignored BSG for the first 2 seasons being a stone cold fan of the original but fell in love when i downloaded them over the summer, and for me baltar is the one character who really fascinates me, because he is completely human, the colonies were destroyed because he fell in love and made a mistake, he misrepresented boomers test results for the same reason, and eventually he signed the death warrant out of fear for his own life. also i think there could be an interesting twist involving ellen sleeping with dean stockwell bot, if you remember when she came aboard galactica she was tested, and baltar said she was clear, but then 6 asked what the result was and he said something like "nobody will ever know", if she turns out to be a sleeper agent, that could set the cat amongst the pidgeons even more so than boomers shooting adama at the end of season 1.

If Ellen is a toaster, she certainly is not on board with the way the occupation is going. She is only sleeping with Dean Stockwell, and grabbed the map, because she loves Tighe so thoroughly, so, if she is a toaster, she'll either go through a complete overhaul of personality, or she'll join the faction that Sharon and Six seem to be working towards.

I think it's more likely she'll become pregnant thinking it's Tighe's than to be a sleeper (although there s still at least one model we haven't seen, right, other than the possibility that Baltar is one as well)

Ya know what is creepy to me, is that in Flesh and Bone (I need to watch that again) and in The Farm, we get hints about Starbuck's past, her childhood. I believe the doctor in the farm said something about her mom breaking her bones or such. It's strange to me that Cara is saying "that thing isn't my baby" and probably recycling the same abuse that she herself lived through (whether knowingly or not.) Leoben keeps telling her "this has all happened before and it will all happen again."

In Flesh and Bone, Leoben tells her that this happened before, only maybe she was the one being interrogated. There's something weird and circular here, I just feel it. I can't place my finger on it, though.

Sorry about that earlier post, :eek: I thought we were talking about the baby! And no, I would not have taken Leoben's hand... :D he creeps me out!!

I still think though that Kara is struggling at this point in her captivity... holding on by a thread one minute, finding a moment of strength the next.

I'm sure it pleased Leoben to no end that she took his hand. He thinks he's got her, I'm sure...but our Kara is and always has been ;) full of suprises!

Even if it's not an act and she is struggling right now, she can pull strength from nowhere! We've seen her do what seems like the impossible before! :DLeoben may be in for a very big surprise, very soon... :D at least I HOPE he is!

As for the mother breaking Kara's bones... :( I don't even what to think about that! :(

Quoting Sindatur, spoiler space and all.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

One of the Human model Cylons will be gone forever.

Think it might be Leoben? He seemed so certain about Starbuck telling him she loved him or whatever last week, maybe he does something that saves her and she actually does end up saying it as a result??

E
N
D

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

This is a spoiler thread, you don't need spoiler space. :)

So when is Apollo going to go on a diet already? Its funny seeing him all round and pudgy.

This week's episode was OK, but clearly it was between the great 2 hour premier and the next episode which should really get things moving.

This is a spoiler thread, you don't need spoiler space.

The space though was extra insurance since it was talking about something that hasn't happened yet and not the spoiler-sense of what happens in each episode as it's broadcast. Just being extra safe, as it were.

This week's episode was OK, but clearly it was between the great 2 hour premier and the next episode which should really get things moving.

Yeah, this episode kinda felt mundane to me. I think the thing of it that interested me most was the human oracle that D'Anna went to see.

We also found out that preacher is a #5. =)

So far we have:

Lucy Lawless = #3
Preacher = #5
Caprica Blondie = #6
Sharon/Boomer = #8

Any of the other models numbered?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back