• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Subject Of A New Series

is/alliance

Beyond the rim
Hi There.If you could choose a new series,what would be your choice?Ie something Ranger orintated,The First Ones beyound the rim.That kind of thing.Colin.<*>.

1) I'd want the Crusade story to continue.
2) I'd want the Legend of the Rangers to continue. :cool:

I agree with Nancy!!! I want Crusade back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I still get angry about the fact that Crusade never got a chance! As for the Rangers, I would love to see the story told.

I really want and have always wanted LotRangers to get going... then at the end of the second season they could gave a different view of what happens in A Call to Arms, and in the 3rd season they could of started crusade up again. It would be cool to see the two shows running at the same time. Kinda like Buffy and Angel. ;)

Definately Crusade, if it could be continued with the same cast (which at this point is probably nearly impossible, as is the likelyhood of someone actually picking up the series). Barring that, I'd love to see either Jeanne Cavelos or Peter David (or hell, JMS himself) finish it off as a series of novels.

Hello.There is so much that could be done with Crusade.I would like to see it revived,The Legend Of The Rangers also has laid down foundations for another Unknown Race to build on.I wonder if the Unknown Race Could be the race that built the Jumpgate network? Colin.<*>.

Yes, getting the original cast is almost impossible, so it would better to have the rest of the story written in a book.

Yes a book would be great but there could be some great story arcs if they could bring the series back on why some of the crew is not the same?? Not all mind you -- I mean I think we would still need the same Captain/Gary Cole and the same Galen/Peter Woodward and the same Dureena/Carrie Dobro but I really think they could replace the rest of the cast and make good story arcs out of why they aren't there but unfortunately those three are probably working on other projects and would be unavailable -- I don't know why I am even thinking this cause it probably won't happen!!!

In order of preference:

1. I'd want the Crusade story to continue!!! ...with the same cast, an increased budget, and new CGI made to blend as seamlessly as possible with the CGI in the first 13 episodes and "A Call to Arms." I want to see the unfilmed scripts and some new episodes (e.g. the Sword arc) filmed, produced and aired in their proper place in Season 1. Basically, I want to see a Season 1 that needs no apologies or excuses, and then I want to see it get renewed for Season 2, 3, 4, and 5.

2. I want to see "The Telepath War" as either a big budget miniseries ("Taken"-sized) or trilogy of theatrical releases.

3. I'd want to see at least miniseries of each of the three trilogies, Psi Corps, Centauri, and Technomage.

4. I'd like to see the Rangers pilot revised to fix the problems and bring the CGI more in line with the Babylon 5 Season 5 and Crusade CGI (get rid of the smeary, oil bath look).

I agree with you KoshN but getting the same cast for Crusade?? It may not be possible with the actors other obligations, etc. That is the only reason I made the comment that if they could not get the original cast they should at least make an effort to get the three (in my opinion) key people and that is the Captain, Dureena, and Galen. Of course, I could be wrong -- it has happened before (me being wrong that is). :p

I really want and have always wanted LotRangers to get going... then at the end of the second season they could gave a different view of what happens in A Call to Arms, and in the 3rd season they could of started crusade up again. It would be cool to see the two shows running at the same time. Kinda like Buffy and Angel. ;)

Not a bad idea, although I hate to wait any longer than absolutely necessary to get Crusade back in production. :)

Definately Crusade, if it could be continued with the same cast (which at this point is probably nearly impossible, ...

No, it's not, but if we all keep repeating the above line enough times, enough people might believe it and it might then become impossible.

What commitments do any of the Crusade main actors have? Would they make room for being a part of the main cast of a TV series?

Gary Cole: Guest spots in TV and movies.

Daniel Dae Kim: Guest spots in TV and movies.

David Allen Brooks: Guest spots in TV and movies. Soap Operas.

Peter Woodward: "Conquest" - for The History Channel.

Marjean Holden: Guest spots in movies. Nothing right now.

Carrie Dobro: Live theater. Nothing on IMDB since "Pickets, The" (2002) (producer).

So okay -- prove me wrong! Again!! LOL BTW -- Peter Woodward also has a film in pre-pre-production that is supposed to begin filming in September that he wrote (don't know if he has plans to be involved with any of the production) but since he played Galen and was only in 1/2 the epps he would probably be available too!! **votes for KoshN's list**

None of the Crusade actors currently have full time gigs. Gary Cole is doing voices for "Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law". They make about 8 episodes per year, 10 minutes each. That's not much. For a regular series, I'm sure you could get just about all of them back, and at least have guest appearances. Daniel Dae Kim has been the busiest between Angel and 24, but he's been killed off on Angel and I don't think he'll be back on 24.

As for getting the show back, hope does spring eternal: they're making a new "V" series almost twenty years after it aired! And they're talking about having the same cast!

"There's always hope. Because its the one thing no one has figured out how to kill yet."

-Tim

Maybe with new management at SciFi **crosses fingers that that will ever happen** our hopes and dreams will become reality?? My other dream is that some other channel/network will be intelligent enough to pick up the series **crosses toes that that will ever happen** :D

My biggest dream at this point is a reunion movie of the original B5 cast. It would probably fall in the Telepath War area. The reason I'm hoping for this is because it seems most practical. The franchise obviously had success with the other TV movies, so funding wouldn't be as much of a problem. And the most important part -- the cast -- would be happy to come back, if their schedules permitted. Bruce, Claudia, and Jerry briefly talked about this possibility during the cast commentary in the S2 set, and they were saying things like, "Why hasn't anyone done this yet? We'd love to come back!"

Of course, for a Telepath War movie the two most important people to sign on would be Walter Koenig and Pat Tallman. Now I know that Walter absolutely loved his time on the show, so he'd be a cinch to sign, but Pat had more problems than most. I doubt she'd rule it out, but it would have to be more attractive to her. I would suggest making her the main focus of the film.

Anyway, it seems like it's the most practical idea, and therefore the one I'm least likely to be disappointed over.

If I'm not wrong,I remember it was mntioned somewhere that JMS said there won't be anything about the telepath war until after Statwars,does that mean that after starwars,we have a potiential new movie?
And uh....getting the Crusade cast back together is not that impossible....maybe they are not having any real long term commitments because that feel Crusade still have a chance? I hope so....I love that show!Crusade rules!

Most of all, I want Crusade back. Then comes Legend of The Rangers... Pilot wasn't too good.. But then.. on the other hand, original The Gathering wasn't too impressive either. But.. I, my friends, my poster and my PC and many many others want Crusade Back! :eek:

SCI-FI channel has done it again. Tonight on the *SCI-FI* channel, they're airing "The Flintstones" and "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas."

How damn depressing.

-Tim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back