• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVD cover fan-art challenge

With the cover art for the three Season sets now out, I was wondering what people would like the Crusade DVD set to look like if/when it comes out. Now there's some pretty talented people on this board and maybe if they've got spare time, they'd like to give it a go.
My guess is It'll say: "The complete limited series" on the top and in place of the season title we'd get " From the creator of Babylon 5" I can't see the box being anything other than black and seeing as there's only 1 set they'll probably have the whole cast on the cover like season 2's set.

crusadedvd.jpg

I like it, but black is a little too stark, and too plain. Needs a nebula behind the Excalibur for a splash of color, and/or maybe an overall medium-dark blue color for the background.

I like it, but black is a little too stark, and too plain. Needs a nebula behind the Excalibur for a splash of color, and/or maybe an overall medium-dark blue color for the background.

Better ???

Yes, but I still think the overall background color has to be something other than black. Blue, like the color of the B5 nebula (in the helmet visor reflection) from the Season 2 main titles would be good.

Hey, remember that one Excalibur shot where there was a rose colored nebula in the background? Can't remember the episode, but I'll look for it. Excalibur was going from left to right, and it was near the end of the episode. That one would be good, say in the upper left, above and behind the ship, but not necessarily extending to where you have the characters. They had the Excalibur against some really great nebula backdrops in Crusade.

What software are you using for this graphic? Photoshop, with each element in it's own layer? I guess this could also be put together in Lightwave Modeler.

Better ???

Yes, but I still think the overall background color has to be something other than black. Blue, like the color of the B5 nebula (in the helmet visor reflection) from the Season 2 main titles would be good.

Hey, remember that one Excalibur shot where there was a rose colored nebula in the background? Can't remember the episode, but I'll look for it. Excalibur was going from left to right, and it was near the end of the episode. That one would be good, say in the upper left, above and behind the ship, but not necessarily extending to where you have the characters. They had the Excalibur against some really great nebula backdrops in Crusade.

What software are you using for this graphic? Photoshop, with each element in it's own layer? I guess this could also be put together in Lightwave Modeler.

Paint Shop Pro 7
with each element in it's own layer.

:)

Whew! Glad you saved it as layers. :)

What's the file format? If it's importable into Photoshop, I'd like to tinker with it a bit, and show you what I mean.

You still have my email addy, right?

Paint Shop Pro 7
with each element in it's own layer.

:)

Whew! Glad you saved it as layers. :)

What's the file format? If it's importable into Photoshop, I'd like to tinker with it a bit, and show you what I mean.

You still have my email addy, right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back