• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Blade/The Matrix

Derian

Beyond the rim
I was just watching Blade earlier and got to thinking about this... I noticed a lot of similarities.

Blade's costuming/Morpheus's costuming (black leather trench coat, sunglasses, etc.)

Neo dodging bullets/Frost's dodging bullets (also very similar in the camera work here)

The similarities in the filming style for the martial arts (though still slowed donw a fair bit in blade)

The whole idea of this other world existing that the common person isn't even aware of and that an elite few are at ware with in an effor to save mankind.

There were other minor things throughout too that I noticed at the time, but can't recall now. There just seemed too much for it to be purely coincidence.

The whole idea of this other world existing that the common person isn't even aware of and that an elite few are at ware with in an effor to save mankind.

That's nothing new, especially in the SF world. Don't look for too much of a coincidence there, or you'll have a larger playing field than you thought.

I guess that kind of filming style is pretty "hip" at the moment -- but it has antecedents. I am pretty sure that Matrix was the one that started the "bullet effect" fad, but the Matrix/Blade clothes and outfits have precedents all over SF and in real life fashion.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back