• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

In 2265 how many Warlock Destroyers will there be?

Demonn

Regular
LotR takes place in 2265, how many Warlock Destroyers will Earth have by then? The first three prototypes came online in 2262.

------------------
A proud member of the Wind Swords.
"War Is Life And Death Is The Only True Peace"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by War-Demon:
LotR takes place in 2265, how many Warlock Destroyers will Earth have by then? The first three prototypes came online in 2262.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting question! In 2262, Earth is probably very worried about rebuilding its defences after Sheridan's war against Clark. Lots of Omega destroyers must have been lost in 2261, and Warlocks would be the obvious replacement, in particular due to (or in spite of) what Ivanova finds out about them in the story in the B5 magazine (someone else will post the spoiler, I'm sure).
I'm sure Gideon says in Crusade that there are still only a few of them... odd to me because they've had about 5 years to rebuild at that point. In the Earth war, there seemed to be hundreds of Omega class ships involved, all of which would have been built AFTER the Minbari war. This probably implies that Warlocks are VERY difficult to produce.

WarpPig

------------------

------------------
Things change... long time gone by.

[This message has been edited by TheInfection (edited September 13, 2001).]

Omega class came to the side of Hyperion class pretty soon and they were build fast to build up defenses. Perhaps they did the same with Omega class and Warlock class.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> I've heard that Warlock class uses Shadow Tech. Am I right? </font></td></tr></table>

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------

Yes, theInfection, that is correct.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

It might be interesting to see some Warlock Class ships in LotR. I haven't seen much of them myself, just what the ship that Ivanova got after season 4 looks like. If there were even one or two of them shown in Rangers, it would be interesting to see stuff about them like their weapons capabilities, speed, how they look inside, and etc.

------------------
Long live the Salad Rangers! We live for the Salad Bar, we die for the Salad Bar. RW, Anla'Salad'Shok'Na of the Salad Rangers

Remember - Omegas are easier to build than Warlocks; for one they use many parts already in production at that time for the Nova, for another they have no whacky new systems like the Warlocks aritificial gravity... and that doesn't even cover the Warlocks use of ShadowTech in it's computer system...

So it's probably the case that for every Warlock Earthforce can build Two Omegas... and so they probably choose to build the Omegas.

Besides, the Warlock is still in the testing phase in 2262 when Ivanova gets hers - just a few ships flying around until Earthforce see how they perform in the real world; they won't order many ships until after they see the design works on real missions.
So the Real construction won't start until 2264 or so...

And we Know from Crusade there are only few of them in 2267... so for LotR's 2265 there will be a handful, but no more.

------------------
"ShadowScout"
Roman Alexander

"Go on, watch out for Shadows - we'll watch you right back!"

What do you want?
ShadowShips!

I play the B5 CCG game, and for the Warlock Destroyer card, you must either be in the ISA, or have 3 vorlon marks. Now precedence (the creators of the game) usually sticks to the plot, and the facts. Does this mean the ship uses vorlon tech. That always bugged me. To view the card go to Vorlonspace.org and go to the card finder. Then just enter Warlock. You'll find a neat pic and everything.

Philip Voss
wink.gif

------------------
"There is no memory with less satisfaction in it than the memory of some temptation we resisted."
-Harlan Ellison quoting James Branch Cabell

Ivanova's Warlock contains some Vorlon technology. Anything more than that is a spoiler for "Hidden Agendas".

------------------
Andrew Swallow

About Warlock destroyers and Vorlon tech.
(A spoiler for those who haven't read the short story):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>The Vorlon tech was put there to get the Shadowtech in the destroyer's computer system under control. It was causing headaches & discomfort for the crew and was an outright annoyance for Ivanova (she is a latent telepath).

The Vorlon tech is actually Ulkesh Naranek's personal transport. After blowing up in the struggle between Kosh and Ulkesh, the ship's parts were salvaged and grew back together.

Possibly Ulkesh didn't have a very close bond with its ship... for the ship didn't commit suicide, simply remaining asleep in its docking bay. Years later, when the Vorlons had left, it allowed Sheridan to manouver itself into the Warlock.</font></td></tr></table>

[This message has been edited by Lennier (edited September 15, 2001).]

By the last episode of Crusade Gideon says that only a handful of Warlocks had come of the production line.And since Rangers is set 2-3 years before Crusade so I say only about 3-4...

------------------
Emporer Turhan-"How will this end"
Kosh-"In fire"

My friend said that B5 storylines are sounding more and more like Star Wars. Everyone has some hidden weapons, tech and stuff...

Of course everything (mostly) is very well explaiden, but still he has a little bit of a point there.

Regards,
TheInfection

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR> B5 storylines are sounding more and more like Star Wars. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Untrue. There's not a single stupid, annoying, irritating, loudmouthed Frog Creature anywhere in the series.

------------------
Yes, I like cats too.
Shall we exchange Recipes?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakana:
Untrue. There's not a single stupid, annoying, irritating, loudmouthed Frog Creature anywhere in the series.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from Byron. And Lise.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WarpPig (edited September 17, 2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lennier:
About Warlock destroyers and Vorlon tech.
(A spoiler for those who haven't read the short story):

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>The Vorlon tech was put there to get the Shadowtech in the destroyer's computer system under control. It was causing headaches & discomfort for the crew and was an outright annoyance for Ivanova (she is a latent telepath).

The Vorlon tech is actually Ulkesh Naranek's personal transport. After blowing up in the struggle between Kosh and Ulkesh, the ship's parts were salvaged and grew back together.

Possibly Ulkesh didn't have a very close bond with its ship... for the ship didn't commit suicide, simply remaining asleep in its docking bay. Years later, when the Vorlons had left, it allowed Sheridan to manouver itself into the Warlock.</font></td></tr></table>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black> It wasn't years later when it allowed Sheridan to join it with Susan's Warlock class destroyer it was less then I year I beleive. Ulkesh's ship joined with teh warlock class ship early season 5

Also there was only Vorlon tech put into one warlock class and that was Susan's ship</font></td></tr></table>

------------------
Deviot
Lincbot@yahoo.com.au

Star Trek has something new every time the show aires but b5 builds up to something new and the warlock were in production way before Sheriden and his forces retook Earth...

------------------
Kosh-"In fire"

I may be wrong, but the way I heard it, the Warlock program was initiated before the instigation of the IA.

<table bgcolor=black><tr><td bgcolor=black><font size=1 color=white>Spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td><font size=2 color=black>The only bio-tech Earth owned that we know of, belonged to the Shadows (aside from Ikara 7 artifacts. Therefore the Warlocks would have used the Shadow stuff in it's early phase. The reason the Warlock's may be few and far between might be something to do with the Earth Alliance trying to integrate more adapted and researched Vorlon Minbari and Centauri tech into the ship systems. Who knows each new Warlock produced could be a slight variant and work in progress, till the right combination works out. Then when Earth has the finances and the groundwork set in place, the Warlocks or perhaps a greater model as yet unseen can finally go into mass production </font></td></tr></table>

Ok?

------------------
"We Live for the One. We die for the One!"

Have we ever actually seen the Warlock class in either series? I've seen the images that someone posted the URLs for, but I think that they were from Agents of Gaming. In fact, when Crusade started, I think that I believed the Excalibur to be Warlock class at that time, although I have since learned the error of my ways ...
smile.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Delbert:
Have we ever actually seen the Warlock class in either series?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You can see it very clearly in the teaser of the Crusade episode Each Night I Dream of Home. It also appears a few times in A Call to Arms, though with the exception of a close up of it's missile rack, it's very hard to spot.

------------------
You are not entitled to your own opinion. You are only entitled to your own informed opinion.
-- Harlan Ellison qouting Gustave Flaubert

And also when the Excalibur and Omega's are leaving the death cloud you see a warlock underneath them....

------------------
Kosh-"In fire"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back