• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Revisiting Threads

ElScorcho

Regular
How come when I click on a thread that I've visited before, the page starts on the first post and I have to scroll all the way down to the new posts - but when I click on a thread I've never visited, it lands at the fresh posts?

Every time I visit a thread that has a *new* post, it takes me to the newest of the new posts. If there is no new post and I click on the thread, it takes me to the beginning.

Every time I visit a thread that has a *new* post, it takes me to the newest of the new posts. If there is no new post and I click on the thread, it takes me to the beginning.

Which is exactly what it should do. The problem I'm having however, si that it takes me to the last post instead of the beginning of the thread, even if it's oen I've never viewed before.

It's screwed up. PHPBB handles this so much better, where you have the option of going to the first unread post (first one that's unread by you) or loading the thread fromthe very beginning.

It also depends on if you've come to a thread, that you may not have viewed before, but then you go away, and then come back the next day, and there's new posts in that thread since you last visited, so then it automatically takes you to the newest post since your last visit. Whether you have viewed that topic or not.

The same thing happens to me all the time. ;)

Rommie :)

It also depends on if you've come to a thread, that you may not have viewed before, but then you go away, and then come back the next day, and there's new posts in that thread since you last visited, so then it automatically takes you to the newest post since your last visit. Whether you have viewed that topic or not.

The same thing happens to me all the time. ;)

Rommie :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back