• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Oh, MY.

KoshFan

Regular
So I'm working my way through Battlestar Galactica (the new one, that is) by means of Netflix. I watched the miniseries some time ago, and I've been hankering to watch the show.

Nor have I been disappointed. I've only seen the first eight, but wow, what a ride it's been so far! I just finished the one where Kara/Starbuck interrogates the Cylon. Fantastic stuff. And I get the feeling it's just warming up, what with the Cylons seemingly fixated on God and the president having visions and Baltar's loyalties looking like a hockey puck. At least Number Six isn't just a total sexbot. For a while it seemed like she was going that way, but I'm reassured now. I just love that the Cylons are three-dimensional, not to mention apparently not at all unified.

I liked Adama Sr. from the start, but I like him more and more with every passing ep. "If it were you, we'd never leave." He's a fine old warhorse and a father finding his children again. (I'm including Kara in that.) Just awesome. And how crazy-wonderful is it that in order to fly a Cylon fighter, you have to treat it like a pet? Some great one-liners, too. "They'd better start having babies." "Is that an order?"

I've kind of been spoiled for the season 1 finale already, and it bugs me, so please, no hints. I haven't a clue as to what happens in season 2 and I'd like to keep it that way.

In season 2....

.... the Shadows attack!
Boo!

Ok seriously when the fark is season 3 gonna start?!

3.01 starts 6th October for you Yanks... :)

Rest of us will have to wait till 2007 and keep hold of Sky.

There will also be webisodes called 'The Resistance' filling the gap between seasons 2 and 3 braodcast on the interweb.

And look for the spin off next year.

It rules. I've just leant the DVD's to my sci-fi hating mate, as he was intreagued by it...

They go back and forth very quickly, just as the puck does in a game of icehockey.

There are always alternatives :)

There will also be webisodes called 'The Resistance' filling the gap between seasons 2 and 3 braodcast on the interweb.

Cool. Do we have to subscribe to something or some such? Or will they just be freely avilable for download?

Or will they just be freely avilable for download?

Isn't everything freely available for download?

3.01 starts 6th October for you Yanks...

Fantastic. That means there will be a thread called Battlestar Galactica Season 3 where one of you Brits will complain that I spoiled it for you.

Eh, seems to me if the thread specifies a season ahead of you, it's fair game to discuss that season. If you're on the same season, but at different points in the season, than yea, you should be careful and give warnings and such.

It's when spoilers are dropped into completely unrelated threads that the Brits complain. As when someone mentioned that a character in Lost was killed off in Season 2, when that season hadn't started showing in the UK.

It's when spoilers are dropped into completely unrelated threads that the Brits complain. As when someone mentioned that a character in Lost was killed off in Season 2, when that season hadn't started showing in the UK.

But how is everyone supposed to know what schedule every show is running on in every country? Particularly in a non-Lost thread, I think a casual Lost viewer who maybe doesn't follow the threads here can be forgiven for making a off-hand comment about the show. It is annoying for the fan who gets spoiled, but unless omniscience is the going to be the new standard for posting to this forum (in which case it will be reduced to a chat room for me and Markas ;)) I'm not sure how you can totally avoid this sort of thing, and I don't think it is fair to blame the person who unmaliciously posted the spoiler. (Nor do I think holding a grudge about it for months does anyone any good.)

Regards,

Joe

and I don't think it is fair to blame the person who unmaliciously posted the spoiler. (Nor do I think holding a grudge about it for months does anyone any good.)

Heh, I think she is still talking about me, and an offhand comment I made in an NC-17 post. Wow.

Basically, a year is a good rough guess as to how long it should take till something spreads the globe - or reaches the places it realistically will reach. (With the exception of B5 Season 4 on German television .. that took *years* :D ) Before then, if possible, I do think it is good custom to be somewhat cautious (hell, I think it's always good custom to be *somewhat* cautious) .. of course, sometimes one forgets to and blurts something out, but it is actually kind of nice to *try*

Thanks Chili, that's exactly what I meant.

I don't hold grudges, and I can't even remember who it was who posted the Lost spoiler now, but when Season 1 of BSG was showing in the UK before it showed in the US, UK posters showed great restraint and consideration and held back from posting anything about the show except with BIG spoiler warnings. All we ask is for the same consideration from our US cousins.

Before you post anything about a US show in any forum, think about how recent the showing was and whether that show has been seen elsewhere.

Or are the US members of this board saying they can't be bothered to practice a little consideration and caution?

This is why Americans have the reputation we have across the world. :rolleyes:

A little consideration goes a long way. I've been able to go spoiler-free with season 2's Dr. Who. And it would be pretty sad if we couldn't show the same basic consideration.

Hyp,

The point here is we DO do that. That being said once in a blue moon mistakes happen, and when they do happen its always "man those US folks are so goddamn inconsiderate." I'm here to say that we aren't but sometime accidents happen, and when they do, get over it.

There is a thread in this very forum right now, posted by a UK person about Doctor Who, and yes the name of the topic contains the phrase "Spoilers" but the entire name of the topic itself is one big spoiler --- Rose leaving the show and a new person taking over. Mistakes can happen on the other side of the pond too it seems.

Bottom line though, accidents do happen, even by considerate people, and really when it comes down to it, its only a TV show. Lets all try to keep things into perspective here.

I guess I don't consider Rose's leaving to be a spoiler, since it's been in the news. At scifi.com, for example. :)

Back