• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

BSG Season 2 Finale (SPOILER CONTENT - BE WARNED)

Re: BSG Season 2 Finale (SPOILER CONTENT - BE WARN

Some people got too comfortable with the space-running-bound-for-"Earth" setting and reacted adversely when that whole scenario was pulled out from under them. As for me, I think it was fantastic...

Still too early to tell if that is going to be the case or not though...

This has just aired in the UK and I thought it was brilliant. I felt that BSG had dipped in form after Pegasus and even though I like the character, I was disappointed that they didn't kill of Roslin. I thought the sudden cure was to Star Trek/Stargate-ish. However this episode has made up for it big time.

The year forward leap was great and was definitely needed for everyone to become complacent. I'm guessing they didn't want to canabilize the ships for metal to make houses and they haven't found a way of getting any materials to build houses.

Can't wait for the next season.

Yea, I too was surprised by them saving Roslin, but, it did provide political upheaval and who knows, they may reveal some further consequences down the road to Roslin having Cylon stuff flowing through her veins.

We have to remember Sheridan's life was saved with a Dues ex Machina as well.

We have to remember Sheridan's life was saved with a Dues ex Machina as well

Are you referring to Lorien? I wouldn't call that a DEM- it was set up when Kosh implanted a piece of his mind in Sheridan before he died.

OK, bad terminology, but same basic principal. Sheridan was brought back from death and it rippled thorughout the arc for the remainder of the series.

Roslin was brought back from certain death, and has rippled throughout the arc we have seen so far.

Yeah, I saw that coming.

BSG finale was all cool except for Adama's tache. Ron D Moore and Eick are both political science grads (as was I once). I read somewhere that for them, the whole show is really about creating scenarios to explore certain political situations. The whole dumping them on a planet gave them a new canvas to do this.
They can examine the effects of corrupt leaders, collaborating with invaders and resistance movements.

i hope they play with it for a while, but i'm sure the 'wagon train to the stars' will take off again eventually...

My guess right now about the Cylons' interest in Starbuck is that her eggs were used in some creepy fashion...

Couldn't it be more personal than that? Starbuck tortured that Cylon. Maybe he wants payback...

The baby didn't exactly look like one that would be a year old, though.

I thought that, too. It shouldn't have been a baby, but a toddler. A one year old would be tottering around, not wrapped up in a blanket

Was the Six we saw the original Caprica "War Hero" Six, or the Six who destroyed Cloud 9?

Caprica 6, I'm sure. The Resurrection ship was destroyed, and the fleet was too far away from the Cylon homeworld for Cloud 9 six to download. And I agree that was part (but not all) of the reason she did it. She didn't want to be resurrected

Given the destruction of the resurrection ship, can Gina or any other Six come back?

I didn't get the impression that Galactica destroyed the only Resurrection ship, just the one in the fleet chasing Galactica. There would be other ships and facilities back on their homeworld, but up to the point where the Cylons caught up with the human fleet, any Cylon concealed among the humans wouldn't have downloaded when they died.

I enjoyed the final episode. Although it didn't have the same 'Oh My God!' impact the finale of Season 1 had, it definitely left me feeling 'Oh shit, how are they going to get out of this one...' :)

Back