• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Babylon 5 custom dvd cover art

dencor

Regular
I have often looked at my Babylon 5 box sets and have always wanted different slip case covers for them. I was also dissapointed with the terrible dvd cover for season 2 of Jeremiah. Does anyone know where I can buy custom dvd slip case cover art or how I can make my own high quality cover art for Babylon 5. Is any of this possible or is this a copyright problem with the tv and movie studios ?

thanks
dennis

Is any of this possible or is this a copyright problem with the tv and movie studios ?

Yes, it's probably a copyright (tradmark?) infringement but chances are, as long as you include the copyright symbol and Warner Bros. as a part of the art, they probably wouldn't do anything as long as it was low-key.

Jan

Thanks Babylonfan. That is some nice looking art work. I don't have a fancy printer but I will figure something out soon. It looks pretty simple to do.

I would imagine that the production of DVD cover art for your own personal use would fall within the definition of 'fair useage' and therefore would not fall foul of copyright law. Look at it this way - if you have already purchased the DVDs and are not distributing the art work you produce, who is it harming?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back