• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Kosh - "I have always been here"

jnk5y

Regular
Kosh - \"I have always been here\"

I never understood what he meant but recently had an idea. Delenn in war without end says that it has already happend (referring to their taking b4) so in other words they have always been there. So Kosh having talked with valen and knowing that he's from the future concludes that he(kosh) has always been where he is and so has sheridan. Eh? sound good?

Re: Kosh - \"I have always been here\"

All part of the "Closed Circle" of Valen? I suppose I could agree with you on this.

Of course it could have been nothing more than a Kosh-ism. there are quite a few of those.

It has been stated in the series that Vorlons can break off pieces of their consciousness and put them into other people. We saw Kosh physically do this to Lyta and Sheridan. However, there may have been others on the station that he may have been connected to as well (maybe even without them knowing it). So, in a sense, even when he left the station, part of him was still there.

Also, seeing how vague the Vorlons tend to be, the "here" might not necessarily be the station, but could mean that he'd been observing the human race for quite some time. Stretching the point, the "I" could refer to the Vorlons as a whole. That logic would make sense of Kosh's statement that Sheridan had always been there as well.

Or it could be that the Minbari (unknowingly) slipped Kosh onto B5 during construction (in one of the parts, near his ship, underneath it), hid himself, but kept the station from the things that had befallen the previous stations? He was slipped, with Ulkesh, from one are of the Grey Council Ship to another undetected.

CR

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Huh? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think it's probably a cryptic reference to the "time circle thingy". Or maybe just random "Vorlon speech", I don't know.

But it does make sense.

JMS was referring to literature theory. The hero has always had a mentor to point him in the correct direction.

I agree. And not only a mentor but also a someone like god, who cares, who watches and who gives a helpfull hand.

I always took that Koshism to mean that he never really stopped watching the Humans. He appeared in angelic form often enough on Earth (or one of the Vorlons did). I think he was just saying that he's been observing, not interfering as often, but not gone as the people seem to be thinking he was.

Then again, I'm sure Kosh would walk away from the confused youth laughing to himself inside his eccounter suit. <Kosh> That was good, I'll have to write that one down. They'll be pondering that for years! </Kosh>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He also used that line on Sheridan as well so if Sheridan has always been there, what does it mean.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

He also used that line on Sheridan as well so if Sheridan has always been there, what does it mean.

[/quote]

Same as my previous reply.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
JMS was referring to literature theory. The hero has always had a mentor to point him in the correct direction.

[/quote]

Kosh is the mentor and Sheridan is the hero.

Back