• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Trek's Michael Piller has passed away...

Re: Trek\'s Michael Piller has passed away...

Heh .. that's so weird. I was just watching a Special off the Deep Space Nine DVDs a few hours ago - the first time I've watched anything Trek since Nemesis was in the movie theatres - including a lot of interviews with him, wondering idly what actually became of him / what he's up to today, as I don't recall hearing of him much since Trek stopped being cool.

:(

I don't recall hearing of him much since Trek stopped being cool.

Wow, that's funny. I don't remember Trek *EVER* being considered "cool."

When I considered it cool :p .. but there isn't much that's further from what generally is considered cool than that, point taken.

Mostly meant that whereas I had heard of whereto all the other big behind-the-scenes Trek people had gone (Behr - wasn't interested in switching to Voyager, Moore - tried switching to Voyager but left after a few days as he couldn't take Braga anymore, Taylor - retired to give her position to Braga, if I recall she took most of the blame for Voyager being as it was at the time, Berman and Braga - well .. we all know what happened to them unfortunately :( ), I had never heard anything of Piller - he just seemed to have disappeared at some point.

Piller set up a company with his son and created The Dead Zone, which has done very well for USA. He recently created some horse thing for ABC Family, again a success.

I heard about his passing earlier. May he rest in peace.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back