• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Crusade DVD Set at Amazon.com - Reviews

Any show that doesn't involve space or aliens, I guess, is science fiction now. ;)

The sad truth is, they are doing better in the ratings, aren't they?

It's a damned good thing I like to read. :LOL: I recently bought "The Stars My Destination". :)

By Alfred Bester, where have I heard that name before :D. Great book, great author!!! "More Than Human" is also a great read by him, but it's probably been out of print for 20+ years :(. I cut the umbilical cable over a year ago and only miss "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, and, well, maybe....South Park :eek:.

[quoteBy Alfred Bester, where have I heard that name before :D. Great book, great author!!! "More Than Human" is also a great read by him, but it's probably been out of print for 20+ years :(.

[/quote]

I probably should've done some reasearch before I write this, but wasn't it Theodore Sturgeon who wrote More Than Human? Or has Bester too written a book with that name?

/IamS

Sturgeon most definitely wrote a book called "More Than Human". I gather Alfred Bester did, as well.

Sturgeon most definitely wrote a book called "More Than Human". I gather Alfred Bester did, as well.

Oops, my bad :D. A great book however. I read them both in high school many, many, many years ago.I was actually thinking of "The Demolished Man", another classic by Bester. I used to have a paperback collection of several hundred sci-fi books, when I moved to Indy I donated most to the local library. Unfortunately most are out of print :( and I get a little confused as to authors names :eek:. after so many years. One I do recall is Alan Nourse's "The Mercy Men", a forgotten classic.
Oh, and to go on topic :devil: I got Crusade today and will be refreshing my memory in a little while :D.

I read The Demolished Man and it was very good. I liked it a lot. :)

And back on topic: I have not gotten my crusade dvd's yet. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back