• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

SPOILER thoughts on Matrix Reloaded

I coulda done without the big dance party thing in Zion and after about 5 minutes of the "infinite-Smith" fight in the playground, it got almost cartoonish. :( Nonetheless, the Freeway scene was worth the price of admission. So here are some questions and thoughts I had.

In the second movie, Neo has accepted that he's the One, but yet he still fights (in the Matrix) using Kung-Fu, Guns, Swords and various other, very physical techniques. My question is, why? If he can simply "reach into" something inside the Matrix and "alter it's code" (like dispersing Agent Smith in the first movie and healing/ressurecting Trinity in Reloaded) can't he just "erase" or "alter" his adversaries? :confused:

Is this alteration technique what lead to the "liberated" Agent Smith who now copies himself?

I loved the way the Oracle explained the legends about ghosts and vampires as "Programs who are no longer doing their jobs." That was an awesome way of resolving the "mythical" ideas that are undoubtedly expressed by people who are still plugged into the Matrix. :D The freeway scene was everything I expected and more, but as a Christian I must say I was disappointed that the allegory has now broken down with the "architect" telling Neo that he is actually the 6th...no wait...he's the 7th ONE.....

:eek: Oh my gosh, I think I just figured that out...7 is the perfect number and so therefore, this ONE is actually gonna get it right. Whoa!

Anyway, the idea that the humans who "figure it out" and basically choose to be unplugged from the Matrix are accounted for in the architect's grand design as inherent anomalies in his integer-based equations was mind-blowing for me. It is, of course, true. It's a mathematical law that some equations will always, eventually, produce anomalous results no matter how perfect they appear.

So, with the help of the Oracle (a program designed to understand how humans think) the Architect of the Matrix (the program created to manage and build the Matrix) was able to institute the idea (or program if you will) of The One. The whole prophecy thing is just a sham. It's a way for the machines to group the humans together in Zion and then have them all in one place to eradicate them.

"We've done it 6 times before and we'll do it again."

Okay, enough rambling, what do you guys think?

Well, to tell the truth, I will have to see the movie again before I can offer any real observations. It was a sold out crowd and I was forced to sit behind an extremely tall guy with a ridiculous afro. So I could see maybe only a quarter of the screen at any time. It also demonstrated to me how much of what I understand is dependent on lip-reading. *sigh* The Architect scene was really cool, though, what I understood of it. It blew me away.

I wonder what happened to the music in this movie. In the Matrix, it seems most of the songs were hard-hitting metal/rock/electronica/whatever. This one was...orchestrated? wtf? Some scenes had electronic music, but man, I just distracted by the music most of the time, just was not what I expected.

The ending. Worst. Ending. In a movie. Ever! I thought the place was gonna come down with all the "boos" and "This is bullshit!s" I don't care who you are and whether or not you got the second part of it coming in a few months, you do not just stop the movie and say "To Be Concluded."

The movie is both as good and as bad as you've heard. Luckily, the good outweighs the bad after all is said and done.

I do think there is too much of a focus on longer Kung Fu fight sequences, although I must say that Keanu Reeves goes through those moves extremely well. The multi-Smith fight was long but entertaining as hell. It was supposed to be cartoonish.

I too could have done without the rave and the need to inject a tiny bit more sexuality into the film. The car chase was incredible.

I found the all-white control center for Zion, with it's holographic touch interfaces to be very out of place with the beat up industrial look of everything else in Zion and onboard the hover ships.

Don Davis has composed the score for all three Matrix films (with those trademark French horns), although he did play around with the style more on this one. I would say the first soundtrack was superior of the two we've heard so far. Both movies applied techno music to the major action sequences.

The ending was jarringly bad. It seemed like they slapped that TO BE CONTINUED right on in the middle of a scene, in essence chopping in half the 4-hour movie that is Matrix: Reloaded/Revolutions. This drew initial anger from the audience, but they did stick around to watch the teaser for film #3, so it was more like the anger of a child whose parent closes the storybook too early and says go to bed. They'll be back in 6 months, I'm sure.

The most puzzling thing in the whole film was where Neo, a powerless human in the real world, fried the Sentinels.

Is the "real" world real at all, or could it be another level? A Matrix within a Matrix?

Or has Neo somehow becoming the Superman he plays in the virtual world? I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

I liked it. Overall, not as good as the first but well worth a try.

Yup. I bet you anything it's a Matrix-within-a-Matrix. But why? And who controls it? Is the Architect just a creation of some larger power? Is the second Matrix just a safeguard for a larger creation, or a contigency program like the sham prophecy?

And what about Smith?

What does he have to do with all of this?

I know he's got SOMETHING to do with it -- my one problem is that he just kept on cropping up like an annoying bad penny with no purpose at all. In this movie, at least.

Honestly, I thought that I was watching a whole different series with the same characters... I don't know why.

But I liked it (nominally). The dialogue sucked. But I liked it. It deserved the three and a half stars that Ebert gave it.

And damn, it's great to be with an audience during that 100-Smith fight, wasn't it? :)

Here's my take on the situation with the Architect:

My understanding was that Neo could go to the door on his left and he would enter the Matrix. The Architect informed him that were he to do that, he could indeed destroy the Matrix BUT the machines would then kill everyone connected to the Matrix. THEN the machines would reach Zion and kill everyone there. BOOM! no more human race. He tells Neo that he would be responsible for the extinction of his race.

The OTHER door leads to the core. The machines would still destroy Zion, but they would allow Neo and 23 others (16 women and 7 men) to go "free" and start a new Zion - this is in order to corrall the 1% of humans who reject the Matrix and thus start the cycle over again.

Neo's predecessors all chose the door on the right - the one that leads to the creation of a new Zion, because their love for their fellow man made them not want to be responsible for the extinction of humans. HOWEVER, Neo is different in that his love for humankind is focused on one person, Trinity. He was shown the picture of her about to die (just as he had been dreaming for the whole movie) but decided he had hope to save her.

Now, Neo tries to get all fancy on the Architect's logic and tells him that the machines wouldn't allow all the humans to die because they need them for the energy source. But the Architect says that the machines are ready to accept certain "levels" of existence in order to make sure the humans don't win. I THINK that meant that the machines could exist, in a lesser capacity, without needing so much energy.

But, Neo chose to go back into the Matrix, because he loves Trinity more than all the other humans. But also probably because he thinks they still have a chance to win. His abilities demonstrated at the end of the film seem to give rise to hope as well.

Are Neo's abilities in the "the desert of the real" there because after his trip to the Core he is somehow connected to the machines? Or is it the Matrix-within-the Matrix theory and Neo has manifested his "Superman" powers "outside" the Matrix as well?

Now, I thought that I had it all figured out when I came to the realization that Neo was the 7th one--- 7 is the perfect number, see? But this idea that I 've seen about the "desert of the real" actually being another level of the Matrix is ruining all that. I guess I'll just have to wait until November.

I absolutely loved this movie, but you raise something that I kept thinking about all the way through the film... If Neo isn't bound by the "laws" of the matrix -- and obviously he isn't or he wouldn't be able to do his "Superman" stunts -- then why the heck is he engaging in hand-to-hand combat in the first place? Couldn't he just snap his fingers and destroy whatever agents come his way? For that matter, why does he even need to fly? Couldn't he just "transport" anywhere he wanted to inside the matrix?

It almost seemed to me that Neo was more powerful at the end of The Matrix than he was all through Reloaded, except at the end when he realized that he could control the machines in the "real world."

Just got done seeing it. Here are a few of my review points:

1) The dialogue with the French speaking guy got really old and really quick. I remember sitting there listening to him and going "does this have a point?" It just sounded like a lot of babble. I know it was supposed to be some deep thoughts and all, but it wasnt done so well.

2) I too thought the white zion docking center looked REALLY out of place. Funny that.

3) Dreadlock dudes own.

4) Car Chase scene was AMAZING. And, you could tell Cadilliac had a hand in sponsoring the movie. :)

5) At first I was REALLY confused by the architech scene, and thought it was very much like the above scene with the French guy --- lots of dialogue and rambling that wasnt done in a great way. I still dont think the scene was believable, but after leaving the theater and letting it sink in, a lot of it made sense. To me that just says the delivery of it could have been better thats all.

6) I completely agree with the above posts about how the Matrix works. That this guy has an anomoly who is "The One" lead everyone to believe they can free themselves, but its really just part of a plan to corrall the 1% that are able to escape the Matrix. Cool concept --- after it sank in.

7) I was REALLY wondering how he was able to control those Machines in the real world. I too thought of 2 possibilities. The first being that after being in the core, he is connected to them somehow. It makes sense saying that something is now different, and he can FEEL them. The second that occured to me is the matrix-within-a-matrix theory. I REALLY hope its not the second one. I also dont think it is. It would just be too corny and tough to sell to an audience. To me its like that whole season of "Dallas" that turned out to be a dream. So I think its the first possibility.

8) The Ending. OK. Was I the only person that not only didnt mind HOW it ended suddenly, but who fully expected it? I mean, you know in 6 months part III is coming out. It HAS to end in a cliffhanger. One revelation was made --- that the prophecy was a sham. Neo was also shown to defeat machines in the real world. And now you see the guy who Mr Smith "took over" in the real world as being the one who sabotoged the defense of Zion. I thought it was a fine place to end it, and it seemed logical. I dont get why everyone in the theater and some here made a big deal of it. Hrumph.

In closing, I thought it was really good. Ill need to see it again to let some of it sink in deeper.

Lastly, why is 7 the perfect number? Ive heard the expression, but is there some significance to it? I know its a LUCKY number, but why the "perfect" number?

I'm not going to be surprised if it turns out that Neo is just another "Program" like the Oracle. Could be that the entire world is just a Matrix where each person is a program and through these programs the Matrix is trying to "understand" itself by recreating a world of Man vs. Machine. I might be way off, but there was just something about the Architect scene that made me feel as if the machine was talking to itself and there was that constant overlal theme that there were no choices, that everything was predetermined. How could it be so unless all of reality was contained in a logical system?

It was also explain how Agent Smith was able to crossover into a "human" body. If everything is a Matrix or more than one Matrix, this would make sense.

Just my shaky theory. :p

-Haze

What I don't get is this: The architect offers Neo two choices:
A. Choose the door on the left, destroy the matrix - but, we'll kill all mankind.
B. Choose the door on the right, go back into the matrix, and you can choose 23 people to repopulate Zion.

But.... Why even offer Neo the option of destroying the matrix?? And when is Neo supposed to choose the 23? He didn't do it then and there, so when?

And one last thing, if the grand scheme was for Neo to reach the architect, then they did a hell of a job to prevent this. With all the agents and sentinals trying to kill him in this movie and the first, he's lucky to be still alive. It seems inplausible that Neo reached the core 6 time before, when each time he is giving such a hard time. Anyone any thought on this?

I just saw the movie today, & I am glad I read all your comments because the film left me a bit confused! I think the dialogue is the problem. Those long speeches can leave you saying, "huh?".

Great movie, though. When I saw those amazing fight sequences, it was just like when I saw Star Wars for the first time back in the '70s all over again. It's the excitement of seeing something you've never really seen before.

Tammy

I'm not going to be surprised if it turns out that Neo is just another "Program" like the Oracle. Could be that the entire world is just a Matrix where each person is a program and through these programs the Matrix is trying to "understand" itself by recreating a world of Man vs. Machine. I might be way off, but there was just something about the Architect scene that made me feel as if the machine was talking to itself and there was that constant overlal theme that there were no choices, that everything was predetermined. How could it be so unless all of reality was contained in a logical system?

It was also explain how Agent Smith was able to crossover into a "human" body. If everything is a Matrix or more than one Matrix, this would make sense.

Just my shaky theory. :p

-Haze

The entire society has been created by a machine trying to understand itself...that's an interesting theory. I was kind of disappointed to find out that the whole "prophecy" thing wasn't true, but at least it showed that the Matrix films aren't predictable. It should be fascinating to find out how things go in the 3rd movie.

Tammy

But.... Why even offer Neo the option of destroying the matrix?? And when is Neo supposed to choose the 23? He didn't do it then and there, so when?
Because it was stated in BOTH movies that the reason the original Matrix failed is because it wasn't "believable" and that humans need to have choices. So they gave the "Neos" all choices.

1) Reload the Matrix, Zion gets wiped out, and Neo and 23 other humans go back to rebuild it again.

2) Not to Reload the Matrix which could cause problems in the system that will kill ALL the people in it and Zion will still be wiped out, this time with no humans left alive in the Matrix to repopulate it. Think of the Reload factor as the same thing as if you left a Windows 98 PC on for a week at a time. It starts screwing up unless you reboot it.

And one last thing, if the grand scheme was for Neo to reach the architect, then they did a hell of a job to prevent this. With all the agents and sentinals trying to kill him in this movie and the first, he's lucky to be still alive. It seems inplausible that Neo reached the core 6 time before, when each time he is giving such a hard time. Anyone any thought on this?

No thought, other than he is The One and couldnt possibly be stopped by all those sentinels, agents, and everything else. He is superior to them being the anomoly and couldnt be stopped no matter how hard the other programs tried. As to WHY they were trying to stop him when he is necessary, they were doing it because they are all programmed to. They just arent capable of doing it, so the previous One's have always succeeded.

Another good discussion is, are we going to see a Matrix within a Matrix in movie 3, or is Neo's powers just developed to the point where he can control machines in the real world. There are good arguments for both. I saw a post on another forum that really does a good job of describing some of the more complex stuff in the movie. I bolded the part that I think describes what we saw in the last few minutes. I also did not believe that WB would cop-out and do a "Matrix-within-Matrix" but had trouble seeing how they would explain what really did happen. The bold part below gives a good idea.

------------------

OK. This post is a mix of speculation, symbolism, and spoilers. The GUT of Reloaded (Grand Unification Theory) of Reloaded is this: The Matrix was created to control mankind. The first Matrix was a utopia-like world, but all the "copper tops" rejected the Matrix and entire crops were lost. So The Architect built the current Matrix to simulate our world at the end of the 20th century. Their simulation couldn’t' be perfect, and so there were anomalies. That anomaly manifests itself in Morpheus, Trinity, Neo, etc....anyone that has been unplugged because they can sense the Matrix is all an illusion. A small percent of those (1% of the 1%) people have the ability to control the Matrix itself, ala Neo and the One. The problem of The One and the anomaly (Trinity and gang) has been solved by creating the Oracle/Keymaker/Architect (they are in the position to guide The One down a specific path). This path leads to the destruction of Xion (and all the people that have been unplugged) and the rebooting of the Matrix. This resets the equation, ensuring not too many people ever escape the Matrix to be a real threat to the machines.

The Matrix has been "Reloaded" 6 times. The head of the council is in fact the previous One before Neo. All the other members of the council are also the original progenitors of this current version of Xion. That's why they insist that Neo must be in the Matrix (they know the cycle will repeat and he is the critical carrier of the code). This time is different however. Neo is different than all the other One's before him. The difference is Smith. Note that in Neo's Convo with The Architect the TV's showing Neo's possible (and probable) reactions all show very emotional responses...something the machines themselves define as typical. Neo is somehow different...he is more like a machine showing little emotion (not just Reeves' bad acting either). The Architect also notices this but doesn't quite get it. He frequently comments that Neo is "different" and that he figures things out "faster" then the previous incarnations of the One. That's because his "code" has been tainted/bettered with a portion of Agt. Smith's code.

The other reason this time is different is because of Smith himself. When he exchanged code with Neo (when Neo seemingly destroyed him) he was essentially freed from control. He is now a free roving sentient program...much more human then his counterparts. This has been already examined by other posts (his multiplication, which is akin to a virus both computer and biological). In the first Matrix Smith likens humans to a virus saying that they multiply and consume RESOURCES until all RESOURCES are gone. This is vital to the trilogy. Smith and Neo will ultimately destroy the Matrix together. Smith will infect everyone in the Matrix (like a virus eating up the RESOURCES of your computer/network) and Neo will be forced to defeat him, thus destroying everyone in the Matrix. Neo and Smith are foils and are both equally important to the end of the story.

Some of the things Agt. Smith's code has enabled Neo to do are very different from the capabilities of all the other One's...his different reaction to the Architect, the different door, flying faster then has ever been seen in the Matrix (when racing to save Trinity). His ability to save/resurrect Trinity is also a big indication he is something the Machines didn't count on (can you say Lazarus anyone?). What Smith's code has done has been to free Neo's mind even further. **Speculation** Either Neo is now so "free" that he is utilizing other parts of brain never before used (telekinesis, telepathy, etc) or he now is part machine so much that he can control the machines outside the matrix (they are all networked together, so why not?). It could easily be both. I doubt very much that the Wach. Bro's are stupid enough to make a Matrix w/in a Matrix.

The other theory behind Neo's "real world powers" is simple and elegant. When the machines created the Matrix and made it describe reality to the 99.9999999% percent, they made it adhere to physics we do not know about today...Quantum mechanics, string theory, GUT, Gravity, etc. Because of this, and the way the Matrix is organized, Neo technically has the ability to similar things in reality...its all a part of some amount of power our brains have that no one has tapped yet. The Matrix has been Neo's training wheels, teaching him not only how to control virtual reality, but reality as well.

The Machines need a Resistance movement because humans have a need for a struggle and conflict. If they killed everyone outside the matrix, then the 1% of people that realize the illusion (the anomaly) would stay within the Matrix and cause more problems from within then if they were freed. Perhaps the Machines are somewhat like us: they need a struggle as well. The duality between machine and man and our dependencies on each other is very interesting. Esp. as it is discussed by Neo and the head of the council.

Whoa. I never thought about the Council. I want to see the movie again so I can just count up the members... but it makes sense. It's even hinted at when one character notes that there aren't any young men on the council. (Was that Neo?) And the slight similarity between Neo and the council leader re: sleep? Hmm hmm...

Yea, the Hammond council member guy was the last "One." The rest of the council members are some of the other 23 humans that were put back to rebuild Zion after the 6th "Reload." So they all know about the process and believe it the only thing to do since in their eyes the alternative is Zion still gets destroyed, the Matrix breaks down and kills the rest of humanity.

Suddenly, the title 'Matrix Reloaded', makes a lot more sense to me. At first I found it a bit lame, as I thought that 'reloaded' was just a fancy way of saying 'part 2'. But as it pans out, the title is quite instrumental.

No thought, other than he is The One and couldnt possibly be stopped by all those sentinels, agents, and everything else. He is superior to them being the anomoly and couldnt be stopped no matter how hard the other programs tried. As to WHY they were trying to stop him when he is necessary, they were doing it because they are all programmed to. They just arent capable of doing it, so the previous One's have always succeeded.

I have to disagree with this. Perhaps 'a Neo' can never be destroyed by other programs, but that doesn't take care of the real world. At the end of the first movie, Smith was unable to kill Neo, making the theory that Neo can't be killed by other program's very plausible.

On the other hand, Neo was almost killed by the Sentinal hanging over him, if only the EMP had been fired a second later. And for another thing, Cypher was ordered by Smith to kill off Neo, he only failed because he was so clumsy at snubbing out Tank.

There is a lot of conversation in Reloaded about 'every program doing what is is supposed to do', so only a few key players must know the grand scheme of the architect, or else the agents would NEVER order Cypher to kill Neo, or would a Sentinal be send to kill Neo. (so on that aspect, I agree with you)

Also, in this movie, we learned that the machines are not one united faction, they are divided. Which make sense, because all sentient beings basicly act out of self-interest. I just wonder, how many factions are there? A summary:
1. The architect / The Oracle / Martial Arts Guy dressed in white. They all serve the grand scheme.
2. The agents. They try very hard to kill Neo and the keymaker. Is this just their function? Or are they at war with the archtitect?
3. Frenchie and his henchmen. He want the keymaker for himself. He too wants to kill Neo. Another thorn in the architect's backside?

Yea, the Hammond council member guy was the last "One." The rest of the council members are some of the other 23 humans that were put back to rebuild Zion after the 6th "Reload." So they all know about the process and believe it the only thing to do since in their eyes the alternative is Zion still gets destroyed, the Matrix breaks down and kills the rest of humanity

Seems inplausible. Morpheus has an entire speech about the machines not being able to capture Zion in 'a hundred years'. The council members look like seventy years old at best. And how many people were there in Zion? I believe it to be 25.000? (Damn, I can't remember the exact number) - But anyway, there are too much people to be the offspring of 23 original inhabitans + the 0,01 percentile that rejects the matrix in such a short timeframe. So, 'this' Zion MUST be even older than one hundred years, but only actively at war with the machines for the last 100 years.

Just one last thing: about the Nebuchadnezzar. Why doesn't it have guns? Why only EMP? The Osiris had guns, and Niobe's ship from the Enter the Matrix game has guns (or so I believe from the trailers). And from what we see in the Final Flight of the Osiris, guns are pretty effective against Sentinals too. Morpheus could have easily killed all the Sentinals at the end of the first movie, if only he would have had guns.

Wow. Quite a lenghty post. I appoligise, but this movie is so thought provoking. I just hope anyone will take the effort to read through my ramblings and reply to them ;)

Goddamn was this movie stupid.

OK, I was never a huge fan of the first one, but at least I enjoyed it as a sci-fi action flick.

Some of have said that the more you like the first Matrix, the more you like the 2nd, and I believe that is accurate because this one is basically the first one- but a lot more of it. For better and [mostly] worse.

I hated this movie because of the dialogue. I actually went in expecting to ignore it because it was kind of bad in the first one as well, but there was so much of it and it was all awful. Every other sentence was a pathetic attempt to sound deep and philosophical, but it was actually empty and juvenile.

It's as if the script was written by two stoned college drop-out philosophy majors who only got through one-half of a Sartre book before being distracted by the flashing lights of their X-Boxes.

At one point, I think one of the characters actually said, "But do you have the power of 'Why'?" The power of why? The only power of Y is that it can be a vowel or a consonant.

They of course had to save the worst of it for the end. When Neo finally encounters the Architect, you're waiting for some major plot revelations to be revealed (actually, I was waiting for the credits so I could get the hell out of there). They bury it underneath a 200 word-per-minute barrage of pretentious, pseudo-intellectual dull nonsense. I used to sound like that when I tried to impress my first employers and girlfriends until I realised who stupid I sounded and began to talk like a normal person.

The French guy couldn't even do a good French accent. I though he was German at first. I mean, how freakin' hard is it to find an actor to do a French accent? I could do a French accent.

This is the first Keanu Reeves movie I've seen where it wouldn't be better if they had used a different actor in this film. There was no room for acting here what with all the REALLY BIG words and FX flying all over the place.

I also came to the conclusion that Laurence Fishburne isn't that good of an actor. Really, I can't remember being impressed with him, which is a shame since he has that cool look and excellent articulation.

The acting, what little there was of it, was atrocious. The general dude (Morpheus' rival over Will Smith's wife) was as convincing as a hooker telling me I'm the best she's ever had. Smith herself was not bad per say, just extraneous. But when performances are terrible throughout the whole cast, I blame the director. He had to tell them what to do and then decide to use those takes. *shudder*

And, yes, the dance scene was retarded. After Morpheus, in his worst immitation of Marc Antony asking the Romans to lend him his ears, delivers a speech about survival and the ensuing war (during which I could not resist making silly faces and gestures, causing my female companion to laugh hysterically), everybody decides to play some bad techno music and jump up and down. WTF?

OK, so what did I like about the movie?

- One big question on everyone's mind was- since the visual style of the first Matrix was so unique and trend-setting and after being endlessly spoofed and immitated, how could they come back with something equally impressive? They answered by just taking it to the next level, displaying pride at their style and giving us more of it. A lot more. End result- it looked f***ing awesome. My personal favorite is Neo's battle with the 700 Agent Smiths (a plot line that made no sense, but whatever). I got a kick at how you would sometimes see Reeves in mid-swing in slow motion, but the actual hit was very fast, and they would do a couple of those in succession. A very nice visual. And, yes, the freeway scene was sweet, however absurd.

- Monica Belluci (the Merovingian's wife). See my thread in NC-17.

- The token black guy who is usually supposed to die didn't die (the guy that operated the ship). Also, his wife/girlfriend was gorgeous.

Overall, the problem with this movie is that it doesn't know what it wants to be- a serious sci-fi epic (2001: A Space Odyssey, Solaris, Contact) or fun action-filled escapism (Terminators, X-Men). If the former, the dialogue was too stupid and the pretention of philosophical import too precioius. If the former, it was too long with too much dialogue. Can a film be both? I guess, and kudos to them if that's what they tried to do. But it's hard to take a movie's story seriously when grandiose exposition is cut off with a grooving hip club beat and stylized violence.

Here are my thoughts in a short and concise manner.

I liked it. HOWEVER, that dance scene went on forever. I think the movie could've done without it entirely. Other than that, I have no real complaints. I went in looking forward to a movie filled with fancy effects, crazy fight scenes, and Hugo Weaving saying "Mr. Anderson" a zillion times. I think I got what I paid for... 'Nuff said. :cool:

And there was a teaser trailer for the third movie after the credits?! SH*T. My stupid friends wanted to leave, but I wanted to wait. I shall smack them the next time I see them. :mad:

And there was a teaser trailer for the third movie after the credits?!

You didn't miss much. It was maybe 5 seconds long, and didn't show much; just more martial arts fighting.

Couple interesting scenes, real quick: one where Neo is facing Agent Smith in a hallway whose sides are filled with other Agent Smiths; the Oracle blathering on about nothing again; a couple shots of Trinity fighting, etc.

Trailer - MORE SPOILERS

My son and I just finished playing the PS2 game "Enter the Matrix"

Whoa! I know Kung Fu!

The game is a story that occurs within and around the storyline of "Reloaded". The game also includes live footage (some just for the game, and probably some deleted movie scenes) including the premature EMP burst that disabled Zion's primary defense.

After the credits run for the game, you witness a longer version of the trailer for "Revolutions", including scenes of Hover-Ships under attack from Sentinels, and a huge swarm of Sentinels swooping in on Zion.

Apparently, Smith has been working on his sense of humor, as we see him performing a hillariously maniacal sinister laugh in the Dr Evil vein.

Then there's the rainy street with Neo and all the Smiths.
Smith says, "Welcome back, Mr Anderson. We missed you." This culminates in the Rocky III double-punch. :D

Back