• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Best Scripted Episodes (Music)

Chilli

High Treason Prevention Officer
I was just thinking how when i listen to the music of some episodes, that alone tears me apart. In what episodes do you think does the music have the most influence on the viewer and really gets to you?

My choises

<font color=yellow>1) Sleeping in the Light</font color=yellow> (especially: The destruction of Babylon 5, Delenn and Sheridan's goodbye, the end credits..)

<font color=yellow>2) Z'ha'dum</font color=yellow> (The climax at the end of this episodes, not just the music, is IMHO nearly perfect. The switches between Sheridan on Z'ha'dum, The Whitestar heading down to the planet, the Bombs getting ready to blow, Delenn watching Sheridan's farewell message, The Station Being Surrounded by Shadows, Command and Controll..It all fits. The first time I watched this, when I slowly noticed what (John) Sheridan had in mind. When he jumped, me and my sister who I was watching it with were on the edge of our seats, panicly yelling. I had to wait 2 years for the next eps because the local TV stations here didn't air season 4 untill season 5 was finished)

<font color=yellow>3) In the Beginning</font color=yellow> (especially the scene where Londo narrates "The humans knew they where doomed..")

<font color=yellow>4) Shadow Daning</font color=yellow> (The end is quite impressive)

<font color=yellow>5) The Summoning</font color=yellow> (Odd choice, I know. I'm thinking about the scene where Sheridan reappears on the station. The long buildup, and the sudden silence when he confronts the Drazi ..magnificent)

I think Endgame was up there. Good music for the Sheridan's speech, battles, switching scenes, then the sudden change at the end.

I also agree with ItB. The last part of the movie, starting with Londo's speech about the humans was awesome.

I would have to add:
<font color=red>WWE pt 2</font color=red>
and
<font color=red>Confessions and Lamentations</font color=red>

Kick ass choices so far, but I'd like to add:
The Long Twilight Struggle (when the shadows are slicing and dicing Narn Gquan cruisers)
No Surrender, No Retreat (wonderful militaristic drumbeat as Cpt Smiley walks down the corridor with the fury of God)
Falling toward Apotheosis (jellyfish fighting to the death)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by A_Ranger:
<font color=yellow>Every episode /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif</font color=yellow><hr></blockquote>
Thats not an answer dammit. Thats a cop-out! /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

There were just so many good ones. Franke's music IMHO fits the show to a perfect "T". Sometimes the music alone can set the mood.

Some of my favs are:
1) Sleeping in Light
2) Objects at Rest
3) WWE
4) Z'ha'dum
5) Interludes and Examinations
6) Falling Toward Apotheosis
7) Endgame

One of my favorites is "And The Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place", with the gospel song over Refa's demise. It's a stunning interplay between two scenes, united by the music.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back