• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Dresden Files

Well this has turned into a long wait... the book better be good.

Are you going to remember where you left off? Don't spoil anything for me, 'cause I'm still in the middle of Book 14 "Cold Days."

My reading schedule suffered because I spend too much time on Twitter. ???

I remember where I left off... I reread Dresden Files. I'm probably behind on some of his short stories though.

Hour here, hour there... Weekends... I normally find the time. I like to lay down with a book and just close it when I start to fall asleep, Best Rest Ever. Day napping has become my new hobby on the weekend. I love it.

I tend to fall asleep to one of my Abbott and Costello or Three Stooges DVDs. The comedy is sort of like comfort food.

I'll have to try your method.

Last edited:
They put Bob Ross on Netflix too... It's very relaxing to watch AND fall asleep to...after you wake up you can scroll to, or back to the end of the episode to see what he was painting. Very relaxing...

Ok... I'm Pre-ordered. I normally don't participate in pre-ordering because then THEY have my money & what do I have? Nothing... It seems that in some instances they've taken it a bit too far or sidestepped the original purpose entirely by being stupid.

For instance... video games. THEY have a set amount of copies coming to the store. You have to pre-order so they know how many copies to send to the store... EVENTUALLY you get the... "Sorry, we only have 15 copies coming to the store," line. If you're taking pre-orders why don't you take my money and get another copy to "come to the store"? The whole purpose of pre-ordering was so they would know how many of whatever they were selling... pre-ordering has ruined video gaming.

Ok... I'm Pre-ordered. I normally don't participate in pre-ordering because then THEY have my money & what do I have? Nothing... It seems that in some instances they've taken it a bit too far or sidestepped the original purpose entirely by being stupid.

For instance... video games. THEY have a set amount of copies coming to the store. You have to pre-order so they know how many copies to send to the store... EVENTUALLY you get the... "Sorry, we only have 15 copies coming to the store," line. If you're taking pre-orders why don't you take my money and get another copy to "come to the store"? The whole purpose of pre-ordering was so they would know how many of whatever they were selling... pre-ordering has ruined video gaming.

I've never experienced a pre-ordering problem, but then again, I haven't played a videogame since 1994. Now, what little leisure time I have is spent watching the TV shows I've recorded and erasing them on the DVD-RW, watching DVDs/Blu-rays, Twitter (politics), watching YouTube videos, walking my dog, and reading on my Kindle,

Great to see more Dresden fans here. I have never seen the TV show, but enjoy the books a lot. And I am very much looking forward to Peace Talks.

Great to see more Dresden fans here. I have never seen the TV show, but enjoy the books a lot. And I am very much looking forward to Peace Talks.

The TV show got me started on the books. Currently reading Skin Game, but am in no hurry to finish it because I want to go right into Peace Talks..

The TV show got me started on the books. Currently reading Skin Game, but am in no hurry to finish it because I want to go right into Peace Talks..

I am doing a slow re-read right now aiming to be finished with Skin Game at about the same time.

I am doing a slow re-read right now aiming to be finished with Skin Game at about the same time.

Sounds like a good plan. :thumbsup:

I'm concurrently working on Salem's Lot, several nonfiction books and the entire Longmire series of books.

On the same theme, me and my girlfriend enjoy the Dresden Files board game a lot. Today though we got beaten by the Death Masks scenario three times in a row. That game can be merciless sometimes.

We wait so long for Peace Talks and then he gives us Peace Talks, AND Battle Ground. Book 17 has a September 2020 release date.

We wait so long for Peace Talks and then he gives us Peace Talks, AND Battle Ground. Book 17 has a September 2020 release date.

Drat! You beat me to it! I was just coming here to tell YOU. :rolleyes:

Battle Ground (Dresden Files Book 17)

Jim Butcher

Releasing on September 29, 2020

Kindle Edition: $14.99

Hardcover: $21.97

You posted that in APRIL? Amazon just sent me the notice a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
I felt like I was slow to notice it when I did... He's got Chapters 1 & 2 for Peace Talks up already.

I guess the Peace Talks don't go well. :p

I felt like I was slow to notice it when I did... He's got Chapters 1 & 2 for Peace Talks up already.

I guess the Peace Talks don't go well. :p

I'm guessing that there will be some treachery involved and maybe some good ol' Harry "Fuego!" :D

The description for Battle Ground makes me feel like we're approaching an ending & I hope there's still a little more to go before we get there.

Chapter 3 is up...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back