• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

The Most Annoying Guest Character In B5?

for me its the wussy monk in s3 (i think) that turned out to be a killer who had his mind wiped. Id take pride in guttin' that boy

I think you will find that many disagree with you on that, myself included. The actor, Brad Douriff, is a fine actor, and did a great job with the part. I would hardly call him a "wussy." I'm sure many people, if they had what was going on in his head going on in theirs, would have totally cracked up. Almost any human would feel tremendous self doubt in such a situation. Any who didn't, would be better off in prison, for the sake of everyone else.

Don Stroud as Caliban in Season 1's TKO.

Soon-tek Oh as The Muta-Do in Season 1's TKO.

Somehow this whole episode felt like an homage to the movie Arena that Claudia Christian was in. But never really liked Don Stroud's acting, and the Muta-Do sounded as if he was hocking up a loogie everytime he spoke.

Well, my least fav ep was grey 17 is missing.

But my husband noticed in the credits that it was Freddy Kruger!

Strange, I never made the connection! :LOL: But once he said that, then I said "oh yea, i will show you who he is!'

Mr. Morden was annoying...to know someone with all that power and arrogance!

Then most all of the Centari characters were annoying! LOL And again, my husband was the one who pointed out that 'oh look its Sam's dad" ( in stargate SG1) - and you know i didn't recognize him either.

And the Barkley character in Star Trek, dunno his name...but he's always annoying whatever character he plays...in B5, and Stargate.

And i think what annoyed me most - was we never saw Londo fix his hair!

even drunk and near dead, its always perfect sticking straight up! Who has hair like that?

And i think what annoyed me most - was we never saw Londo fix his hair!

even drunk and near dead, its always perfect sticking straight up! Who has hair like that?

Vir fixes Londo's hair. Also, Londo has appeared with less than perfect hair.

I think you will find that many disagree with you on that, myself included. The actor, Brad Douriff, is a fine actor, and did a great job with the part. I would hardly call him a "wussy." I'm sure many people, if they had what was going on in his head going on in theirs, would have totally cracked up. Almost any human would feel tremendous self doubt in such a situation. Any who didn't, would be better off in prison, for the sake of everyone else.

Some actors are born to be typecasted and Dourif most certainly always makes a very memorable performance. I liked the episode quite a bit since I liked the actor. Most might remember him from playing Grima in the Lord of the Rings movies, but I first saw him in an X-Files episode Beyond the Sea where he plays this serial killer (again) trying to negotiate his way out of his death sentence by helping the duo to catch another killer. Truly memorable performance back then, and this spirit possession mode of his made me think about Jack Nicholson :)

Forgot that he was in Deadwood. Haven't yet had the time to watch that show, but I do have it on "the list".

Brad Dourif played Billy in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, (1975) written by Ken Kesey, staring Jack Nicholson. He is great in it. Brad is the star of Wise Blood, directed by John Huston, a favorite of mine. I recently saw him in Sonny Boy, a cheapo cult film, which has David Carradine in drag, for the entire film! It was made in 1989.

PS Dourif was nominated for an Oscar for OFOTCN, won both a BAFTA and Golden Globe for it.

Last edited:
Brad Dourif is a fine actor, but I admit I didn't like the character very much either. Even though I loved him as Grima in LotR and Dr. Cochran in Deadwood.

I didn't see it mentioned here, but Brad Douriff was, of course, the voice of Chucky in all those Child's Play movies, and Pyter DeVries in David Lynch's Dune.

I hate the serial killer typecasting as well. He played betazed crewman who murdered another crewmember on Voyager. When he showed up on B5, playing a nice guy, I was like, oh how novel....

Last edited:
To me, Dourif was always cast as the outsider, not specifically as a serial killer. He is always vulnerable and wounded, too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back