B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.related

Old April 10th 04, 11:58   #11
dawnchild
Psi Cop

Re: Well, . . Got my Season 5 dvd. . .

I have pre-ordered my B5 region 1 season 5-dvd from Play.USA , hope to get it in the post within a week or so! Can't wait ... simply having all 5 seasons of B5 on dvd is greeeeaaat!!
dawnchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th 04, 18:48   #12
grumbler
Ambassador

Yeah, and it will be even better when the whole shebang is out.

I must admit that two years ago I never would have thought B5 would make it on DVD. I mean, they STILL haven't done Hill Street Blues, for pete's sake!

But they have done some really excellent Dick Van Dyke Show DVDs, and that was both older and less-known than HSB, so I still have hopes.
grumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th 04, 20:30   #13
Nancy
Dead Account

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Space:Above and Beyond to come out on DVD.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 11:19   #14
PillowRock
Psi Cop

Quote:
Dick Van Dyke Show DVDs, and that was both older and less-known than HSB
Ummmmm, ......

Who says that The Dick Van Dyke Show is "less-known" than Hill Street Blues?

That is no knock on Hill St. It was a great show. But Dick Van Dyke is one of those shows that has been in constant syndication for the entire 40 years since it was made, everyone knows all of the main characters regardless of how old or young they are (well, OK, really young people now might have a bit less of a handle on it; but they won't know Hill St. either).
PillowRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 14:04   #15
gangster
Dead Account

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still waiting for Space:Above and Beyond to come out on DVD.
So am I but not holding my breath.
gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 15:46   #16
Shaal Mayan
First One

I got mine in the mail today.
Shaal Mayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 17:11   #17
Za_Ha_Dum
Ambassador

Send a message via MSN to Za_Ha_Dum Send a message via Skype™ to Za_Ha_Dum

Great..... I understand that, at least two of you guys got B5 season Five. Thatīs ok for me (even though I feel some envy), but why donīt you guys start giving your opinion about this brand new release. Did you find it with a better image quality? Is real 5.1 surround sound? How about the extras and gag reel. Special comments in the extended scenes, P L E A S E!!!!. Come on, I do not want to feel envy and also been tortured by you guys...... Or do you have JMS manners

Take care,

CADU
Za_Ha_Dum

PS: And what about the MOVIE release? It is suppose to be on the shelfs on August 16th, 2004, according some rumors. But what about extras???
Za_Ha_Dum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 19:08   #18
Nancy
Dead Account

Went to the mall today and tried to see if B5s5 was out early since 2 of you have been able to buy it early, but no such luck. Tomorrow isn't happening fast enough.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th 04, 19:23   #19
Leto II
First One

Send a message via AIM to Leto II

To answer your question, an excerpt from Mark Bourne's review over at DVD Journal.com:

Quote:
Warner's Babylon 5: The Complete Fifth Season DVD set once again delivers all 22 eps in strong anamorphic 1.78:1 transfers. We have no complaints about the visuals, even with the series' groundbreaking use of three-dimensional CGI more abundant than ever before (the assault on Centauri Prime is especially riveting). Again the DD 5.1 audio is as clear and clean as you could ask for, and though the soundspace spread isn't very dynamic there's enough oomph in the subwoofer when it's required. Chief among the extras are more audio commentary tracks, this time for "The Fall of Centauri Prime" (Straczynski, lively and revealing as always), "Sleeping in Light" (Straczynski, clearly emotional and we love him for it), and "Movements of Fire and Shadow" (actors Bruce Boxleitner, Peter Jurasik, Patricia Tallman, and Tracy Scoggins, all having a high old time). Disc 1 gives us a seven-minute introduction from Straczynski and cast members reminiscing about Season Five. Disc Six holds the majority of the extras, starting with Digital Tomorrow (5:51), about the series' CGI work. That's followed by Beyond Babylon 5 (6:46), a love letter to us fans from the creators and cast (who boggle at the action figure dolls of themselves), plus a look at the print fiction that continues the saga. This set's edition of The Universe of Babylon 5 delivers more Data Files ("Drakh," "The Book of G'Kar," "Fall of the Centauri Republic," "Interstellar Alliance," and "Day of the Dead," plus an Easter Egg titled "Marcus Cole: Dead or Frozen" in which Straczynski gives us the final word on our favorite incurable romantic). The Personnel Files are for Lochley, Byron, Ta'Lon, Virini, and Mack & Bo. Also here are three Additional and Extended Scenes from "Sleeping in Light" ("Commander Sick in Bed," "Sheridan's Last Look," and "General Ivanova"). And of course there's a Gag Reel (3:13). Another 16-page booklet provides episode synopses. When removed from its paperboard slipcover, the keep-case is the three-leaf, hinged digipak that's the best idea since Post-It Notes.
Leto II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th 04, 10:17   #20
Za_Ha_Dum
Ambassador

Send a message via MSN to Za_Ha_Dum Send a message via Skype™ to Za_Ha_Dum

This is to Letto II......

Thank you very much. I do not feel being tortured anymore.

Regards,

CADU
Za_Ha_Dum
Za_Ha_Dum is offline   Reply With Quote