B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old February 7th 04, 16:16   #11
dawnchild
Psi Cop

Re: Star Wars IV, V & VI DVDs

This is bloody great news if you ask me, Star Wars rules!

Whether they be the original versions or the "enhanced" ones, they will be great additions to my DVD-collection. Have been waiting long for this DVD-release!

Can't wait for Star Wars ep 3 in 2005 either, will be great I am sure (just like AoTC was marvellous entertainment! and much underrated and undeservedly criticized by many )

Go Star Wars!!
dawnchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th 04, 19:35   #12
Quagmire
First One

I think they are supposed to be even further enhanced versions.(One rumor is that Han shoots first again)
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th 04, 23:42   #13
Recoil
First One

I'm sure they will release first the even "more" enhanced versions. But I hope to GOD that Lucas at least has the common fucking decency to release the ORIGINALS because it is the ORIGINAL versions that put his pathetic ass on the map. If not for the ORIGINAL versions of Star Wars, he wouldn't have a career, so give the fans whatever the hell they want!

You hearing me GL?
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th 04, 06:47   #14
GeoKuutio
First One

Quote:
I'm sure they will release first the even "more" enhanced versions. But I hope to GOD that Lucas at least has the common fucking decency to release the ORIGINALS because it is the ORIGINAL versions that put his pathetic ass on the map. If not for the ORIGINAL versions of Star Wars, he wouldn't have a career, so give the fans whatever the hell they want!

You hearing me GL?
I really hope to see the original versions of those movies also. Those degenarating piece of shit whit "new" scenes etc. crap just doesn't feel right.
GeoKuutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th 04, 08:34   #15
GKarsEye
First One

It is my belief that the originals will not be released on DVD during Lucas' lifetime.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th 04, 13:08   #16
Recoil
First One

Quote:
It is my belief that the originals will not be released on DVD during Lucas' lifetime.
You are probably right, but it would be nice to have them out there even as a secondary release.
Old February 9th 04, 15:40   #17
Sinclair

From theforce.net:

Quote:
We've received information from a reliable source that an official announcement regarding the much rumored Trilogy DVD is expected soon. Our source says next Tuesday (2/10) will bring official word that the Special Edition versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi will be released in a four disk set on September 21 of this year. No mention was made of additional footage, or the contents of the fourth disk, but more information will likely be known next week.
Looks like the official announcement is tomorrow. Although I'm glad they're finally coming out on DVD, I'm still pissed that it's not the original versions. I'm curious to see what's going to be on the fourth disk.

September's still too far away.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th 04, 08:13   #18
GKarsEye
First One

What's really annoying is that, though most of us want the originals, we're still going to buy the bullshit versions.

Though I really think I'm gonna pass. I'm shocked at myself for not caring anymore whether the stupid movies come out on DVD- I loved Star Wars.

Lucas can do what he wants. My $10 will be spent on the last flick in the theaters and then I'm done.
GKarsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th 04, 08:49   #19
Sinclair

Yeah, I'm still gonna buy it. One of my only consolations is that The Empire Strikes Back is pretty much intact from its original version, save the additional wampa footage and the totally redone Cloud City.

If they do something like make Yoda CGI on these DVD releases, you can count me out. If he's going to make all these damned changes why not just leave them the way they were and make brand new ones for all the little kiddies out there so he won't have to piss all of us older fans off anymore?

Not much more info, but the announcement at cnn.com.
Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th 04, 19:14   #20
Recoil
First One

I'm with you GKE, I probably won't buy the bullshit versions either. I really have no interest in seeing what else they chopped up in them. I would much rather search the Internet for pirated DVD versions of the originals, burn them to disc, then do the "Fuck You" dance in George Lucas's general direction.

I bought both versions when they came out on VHS, watched the new versions once and said "meh" and kept rewatching the originals.