• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

In the episode where talia gets deleted..

kaluno

Weren't the actions of the command staff kind of cruel and/or evil? They call people into the office, don't tell them what's up and then psychically send the command which effectively kills them. There's not even any debate about it, there's no mention of any way to fix them after that happens. The new personality takes over and then they're handed over to psi corps just like that, the old personality, their real personality, is gone forever.

Anyone else feel the same way or am i way off? It just seems like such an odd thing to not even address.

thanks.

sorry if this is the wrong place, or it's the wrong kind of question.

-kaluno

I may be wrong, but wasn't 'evil Talia' the real personality, and the nice one that we knew the false Talia?

Welcome to the board, by the way!

Wasn't there some speculation that the Vorlons had somehow stored a way to trigger Talia's older personality, with the intention of returning her to the way she was when she was on the side of the good guys?

Which Talia was real might be up for debate, if that were true. But i"m pretty sure that yes, they came close to revealing their deepest revolutionary plans just before Talia suddenly was found out. Whether that Talia was a Psi-Corp construction or the real deal, I thought was one of the possible future twists JMS had in his possible futures.

Last edited:
Maybe JMS was pissed that Andrea Thompson (Talia) was leaving the show!! Seriously though I agree that the command staff didn't even consider the consequences of the 'victim's' personality being erased. I do believe that there was a story arc involved where Talia's personality would be restored by the Vorlons but the actress never returned to the show. A shame as I preferred her character to Lyta and she would have handled the Byron episodes a lot better. Plus there was an interesting love story developing between her and Ivanova.

Wasn't there some speculation that the Vorlons had somehow stored a way to trigger Talia's older personality, with the intention of returning her to the way she was when she was on the side of the good guys?

Yes, from Deathwalker, when Kosh hired Abbut to seemingly record Talia's personality. Makes me wonder if the whole hidden personality storyline wasn't in place from the beginning, and if Andrea Thompson had stayed, the recording would have played a role. Plus it would have connected Kosh and Talia, and maybe Kosh would revert Talia to her previous personality to use her like he did with Lyta – especially with those extra teep powers Ironheart gave her. Maybe with Vorlon enhancement she'd have become a powerful telekinetic – that would have been interesting.

While there was speculation that the recording Kosh had made was for the purpose of restoring Talia, I was always of the impression that it was intended as a weapon. One doesn't usually record 'terror' for any warm and fuzzy good reasons.

Jan

Not unless it somehow helped the other personality emerge.

But no, in general, that isn't usually going to be a splendid sign of hopes for future friendly relations.

While there was speculation that the recording Kosh had made was for the purpose of restoring Talia, I was always of the impression that it was intended as a weapon. One doesn't usually record 'terror' for any warm and fuzzy good reasons.

Jan

That's a fair point – it was only Garibaldi's suspicions that make us think Kosh had done something that could help get the Talia we knew back.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back