B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5
Old November 10th 06, 01:08   #211
fisheggs
Techno-mage

Re: Actual B5:TLT News

That's why I will for the first time, so far, pre-order this as soon as it becomes announced.
fisheggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 02:17   #212
hypatia
First One

Just when the heck is the "second quarter" anyway?

Like April, May, June? Hmm. Well I guess bugging Amazon.com is a bit premature at the moment.
hypatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 03:42   #213
Joseph DeMartino

The IMDB is an early version of the Wiki idea - it is mostly fan-generated and to the extent it is adjusted and corrected, that is thanks to fans, too. Someone simply posted the earlier casting rumors. That's the problem with the echo-chamber apsect of the internet. The smae original rumor gets reported in three or four different places and the later ones are taken as confirmations of the earlier ones.

Quote:
Exactly. The first quarter of a calendar year (the first three months) is January, Februrary, March, the second is April, May and June and so forth. Academics must be even more sheltered than I thought for you to be unfamiliar with the concept.

Regards,

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 11:12   #214
deaded
Telepath

... I'm starting to think that this may actually happen.
deaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 13:05   #215
GaribaldisHair
First One

Quote:
Quote:
The first quarter of a calendar year (the first three months) is January, Februrary, March, the second is April, May and June and so forth. Academics must be even more sheltered than I thought for you to be unfamiliar with the concept.
Maybe hyp is an accountant, so 'Second Quarter' varies depending on which client he is talking to ...
GaribaldisHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 13:53   #216
hypatia
First One

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly. The first quarter of a calendar year (the first three months) is January, Februrary, March, the second is April, May and June and so forth. Academics must be even more sheltered than I thought for you to be unfamiliar with the concept.
Poor Joe, dear. I fear you need glasses. Either that, or you didn't actually read that I knew the answer to my "question".
Old November 10th 06, 13:56   #217
hypatia
First One

Quote:

Maybe hyp is an accountant, so 'Second Quarter' varies depending on which client he is talking to ...
I'm not an accountant at all, but I was thinking that. Aren't the "financial quarters" different?
Old November 10th 06, 14:11   #218
Sindatur
Techno-mage

Quote:
Quote:

I'm not an accountant at all, but I was thinking that. Aren't the "financial quarters" different?
Yes, they are. Our Q1 happens be April-June, to coincide with Tax filings.
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 16:07   #219
Joseph DeMartino

Actually hyp, you need glasses, or a sense of humor, since you missed the smiley and the joke.

A fiscal year, the twelve month accounting period organizations follow, may diverge from the calendar year and thus have their quarters fall in different months. A fiscal year that starts in, say, October, Q1 would be October, November, December. But JMS, being smarter than most of his fans and much less prone to overthinking simple statements, would not have said "second quarter 2007" is a public post on the moderated newsgroup if he were referring to the obscure fiscal calendar of an unspecified corporation. He either would have said "Warner Bros. second quarter, which starts in July" or do what he did - refer to the calendar quarter that everybody understands because he couldn't narrow it down any further. (And because he preferred it to saying "in April, May or June" - or "sometime between April and June") Because there is no reason to even bring up Warner Bros. fiscal year if you're just going to have to translate that into something everybody can understand anyway.

Regards,

Joe
Joseph DeMartino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th 06, 16:19   #220
hypatia
First One

Re: Was new news, now is just chit chat

I hope there is new news soon.