• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Heroes Season 2 [SPOILERS]

I just saw last week's episode since I was on vacation all last week. I pretty much agree with everything Recoil and Alluveal have said so far. So far, this season is sooooo weak. I liked learning what happened the last 4 months but come on ... some of the explanations were lame. We should have seen the Maya and Alejandro stuff right from the beginning ... maybe we would have cared a little more but I am tired of her crying and the black shit from her eyes already. I also don't care for the way they brought back DL only to kill him again from a bullet he should have easily avoided. I would have much preferred that he actually died from Linderman. I didn't care about that storyline either.

It's something I will continue to watch but not as enthusiastically as I have in the past.

Lyta said:
...We should have seen the Maya and Alejandro stuff right from the beginning ... maybe we would have cared a little more but I am tired of her crying and the black shit from her eyes already....

We only need them in two episodes to give us the exact same amount of what we've gotten from them in the however many that they've been given; show us Maya's initial freak out and them fleeing in one episode, and then show us them running into Sylar in another. And that's it. Until something else actually happens with them, that's all that has happened. Two stories. But for some reason they thought we'd enjoy them drawing those two stories out into meaningless non-plots.

...I would have much preferred that he actually died from Linderman....

Same here. The death by telegraphed gunshot was incredibly weak.

So, here are my initial thoughts on tonight's episode (of course, if you haven't seen tonight's episode yet don't read my post).

Way better than last week.

Parkman's stuff was minor, but good. Lots of potential for him to abuse his new telepathic coercion.

I'm glad we got to see Hiro's father again. Good emotion between the two of them before Hiro gave up his father to death. Adam being Hiro's father's killer will provided plenty of motivation for Hiro to take on Adam in the future.

Claire's surprise in HRG's having abducted people notwithstanding, it was kind of fun to see HRG and West working together. Great seeing HRG make Elle shock herself and revealing the use of memory wipes and electric zapping to explain part of Elle's craziness; she's my favorite of the new characters this season. Shame on Mohinder for shooting HRG!! Lame on having Claire's "last thing I said to my dad was 'I hate you'". That sort of drama is too easy for a writer to pull out. I'm torn on having Claire's blood heal HRG; while I'd like to have more of HRG, it does cheapen the whole threat of his death that's been looming up to this point this season.

Previews of episodes to come: interesting to see Hiro vs Peter. Personal opinion: sorry Peter, I like you, but I'm rooting for Hiro.

:)

Way better than last week.
Absolutely

Parkman's stuff was minor, but good. Lots of potential for him to abuse his new telepathic coercion.
Parkman's portion was very well done, imho. It started with Molly and he seemed a bit shocked that he was able to do it (at first.) One of the best scenes of the entire season was when Matt sat down with Mama Patrelli and forced her to answer questions. When she told him, "if you force me to give up this secret, you don't be just like your father you will BE your father," it was utterly creepy. Furthermore, I was impressed with how it played out. We didn't see him actually do it, but we know he did when we saw he had a name for the other woman in the photograph. Very well done. Matt's definitely on a slippery slope. I'm liking his character more and more.

Definitely glad we got to see Hiro's father again as well. It was a pretty touching moment. I'm sad he had to die, though. He was a great character in the show.

Claire's surprise in HRG's having abducted people notwithstanding, it was kind of fun to see HRG and West working together. Great seeing HRG make Elle shock herself and revealing the use of memory wipes and electric zapping to explain part of Elle's craziness; she's my favorite of the new characters this season.
I liked this element of the story as well. Elle shocking herself was awesome and they finally gave her more dimension which I'm enjoying. The fact that she was worried about whether her father would make the trade made her more of a human being. Very well acted and well done on that mark.

Shame on Mohinder for shooting HRG!!
No kidding! Mohinder! He should have known better, especially after Mr. Bennett spared his life.

I'm torn on having Claire's blood heal HRG; while I'd like to have more of HRG, it does cheapen the whole threat of his death that's been looming up to this point this season.
I'm glad they did it, even if it was a little contrived. I love HRG. He's by far one of my favorite characters in the entire series and I was shouting at the screen when Mohinder shot him.

I am looking forward to Claire learning that he is alive. I want to see her go apeshit and kick some ass. I know she can't do a whole lot (except for heal,) but I have a feeling she'll be pissed and ready to kick some butt. All we need now is a super-dog outfit for Mister Mugglesworth. (grin)

Previews of episodes to come: interesting to see Hiro vs Peter. Personal opinion: sorry Peter, I like you, but I'm rooting for Hiro.
I don't think it's "real." I think Hiro will see Peter with Adam and will just want to question Peter. Hiro and Peter have been through too much to end up enemies. Adam is another story, though.

I'm still wondering if Mama Patrelli has a power and what it is. Or, maybe it was her husband who had it all along (Nathan and Peter's father.) I don't know. I am liking her more and more. I've gone through many phases with her. I definitely thought she was an evil wench, but I'm kind of digging her now.

As for Hannah, I read the online comics of her and had looked forward to seeing more of her. She was an interesting character. Makes me wonder what she'd be capable of if Micah/Elle were nearby. :)

Definitely the episode of the season.

I don't think it's "real." I think Hiro will see Peter with Adam and will just want to question Peter. Hiro and Peter have been through too much to end up enemies. Adam is another story, though.

Hiro barely knows Peter. They've shared a phone conversation or two, and Hiro tried to chop off Peter's head at Kirby Plaza. If Hiro sees Peter allied with Adam, he'll probably assume Peter, like Nathan, has become a billan.

I'm still wondering if Mama Patrelli has a power and what it is.

Last week's episode seemed to indicate she has some kind of touch-persuasion-like-Eden ability, given that bizarre scene with Nathan's (now ex) wife. I'm more interested in finding out Kaito's ability, aside from extreme awesomeness.

Shame on Mohinder for shooting HRG!!

Agreed. Not even so much lame, as not believable. Like so many things this season...I just didn't buy it. I mean sure, they had to make things appear as they did in the picture, but I couldn't believe that Mohinder would REALLY do that...he hadn't shown any signs of taking sides and had plenty of doubts about the company. So they didn't sell me on it being something he would do...rather it struck me as something they just sort of "on the spot decided" to have him to so move the story along the path they already had chosen with the picture.

vacantlook;312553I'm torn on having Claire's blood heal HRG; while I'd like to have more of HRG said:
Well I don't know who said it here, but someone in this thread called that out. I started realizing they would do that as soon as I saw Adam do it to Peter. I was like "ahhhh so they can kill Noah but bring him back, so thats how they are going to do it"

I don't so much mind that they did it...but to revive him less than 10 minutes of air time after his "death" was a bit silly. At least wait till the next episode or two or something...

The real question is who saved him (probably Mohinder) and will he be changed by the effects somehow?

I will also add that even though West annoyed me all season, I did like seeing him working with Noah, it was kind of fun.

Kristen Bell's character will take some interesting turns I think, as she is starting to see her dad and herself differently.

Anyone but me still think it was weird how Hiro and his dad ended up just letting him die? I'd be like...screw that! I have the power to save him, I'm going to dammit. And if I was his dad and knew my son could do that, I'd whip junior with a belt buckle if he didn't try to save me.

Anyway, clearly an Adam/Hiro showdown coming (eventually) and it will be interesting to see how Peter mixes in there. Depending on this writers strike, we probably won't see that till January...or even longer though, I'm guessing.

Yeah, they said in Monday's trailer, "only two more episodes left." And I had to imagine that is because of the writer's strike. I hope they just don't cut these shows short but are just delaying them until the strike is resolved.

I think they planned half-seasons to be full seasons if need be. Would have been the smart thing to do.

I think they planned half-seasons to be full seasons if need be. Would have been the smart thing to do.

This season was originally supposed to be the "Generations" arc through Ep 11, and then a new arc to begin in Ep 12. They wrote and filmed an alternate ending so that Ep 11 can either be the end of the Generations arc, and setup for the second arc, or to serve as the season finale. If the writer's strike is resolved before Dec 3, they will likely air Ep 11 as the arc ender, if the strike is not resolved by Dec 3, they will air the ending for Ep 11 that makes it a Season finale. (Of course the ads of "Only 2 episodes left" tends to dispute the possibility of a second arc, even if the strike ends today)

So, some thoughts on tonight's episode.

So, Sylar killed Allejandro. I hope he gets around to killing Maya soon. I am so completely tired of her. All there is to her character is whining and stupidity. I'm also tired of Sylar. As a villain, he's nothing but a dark bogey man; there are no more elements to him. It's starting to bore me. He was good in the first season because he was a threat, here in the second season it's like he's been included in the storyline only because people reacted to him in the first season so they're like "let's have more of him". Enough. Do something or go away and let the time used on you be used for someone more interesting.

Speaking of whining, Niki's done gone and gotten on my nerves again. With how her character ended last season, I was eager to see her continue to grow, but I don't know anymore. Her confrontations with Candace and Sylar in the final episode last season made her seem like she was beginning to grow into a more with it and in control sort of person. Now it seems like she's gone back to whining. It's sad that Micah is far more interesting than she is.

And further speaking of whining, I know Peter's always had a bit of a whiny side to him, but damn it got to me tonight. He really came off as stupid. Hiro shows up tells him Adam's a bad guy, but he's going to be all defensive of Adam? Please. Time was frozen you idiot, instead of flashing your pretty little lightning, how about talking to Hiro, especially since Hiro just told you that Adam killed his father. Or is it that you don't mind helping killers now that you got some girl to whine about instead of your brother.

Mohinder's continuing to annoy me with his being a flag in the wind blowing every which way the wind happens to be blowing at the moment. He keeps changing his position so often that he's practically spinning around in circles.

In my opinion, Hiro's the best character on the show. And at the moment, I'd say my second favorite is Elle. She's all sorts of complex. One can see the first sparks of distrust of her father, if he truly is her father, starting to ignite in her. And what a meanie he is trying to make her feel that everything that's gone on wrong is her fault. It would definitely be fun to see her kick his ass, although Mom Bennet pulling the trigger tonight would've been nice too. And I love how Kristen Bell's playing her; the performance of being unable to get her car started was hillarious.

Oh, and they still continue to use Nichelle Nichols to just stand around and say throw away lines. Shame on them!

So, they advertised "two heroes will fall" for the next episode. I'm hoping Maya is one of them; she's really overstayed her welcome. Something makes me think West will be one too, although the past couple of episodes for him have made me like him way more now than I used to. I still am liking Monica, so it better not be her.

In my opinion, Hiro's the best character on the show.

You have GOT to be kidding me! Hiro?!?!

I think he is the WORST character on the show. All he is, is some geeky Japanese kid trying to be a hero....for the last Season and a half. He is mostly comic relief and corny. Extremely one-dimensional.

All he is, is some geeky Japanese kid trying to be a hero....for the last Season and a half. He is mostly comic relief and corny. Extremely one-dimensional.
Well, I'll agree that he started out that way, but he's definitely more serious now. Not like Future Badass Hiro, but he's changed. He started out treating the whole thing as an adventure while calling it a mission -- now it truly IS a mission to him, and a lot of it hasn't been fun or pretty. The scene two weeks ago with him and his father at his mother's funeral was pretty damn touching. He's learning that being a hero ain't all wine and roses.

LondosHair said:
...The scene two weeks ago with him and his father at his mother's funeral was pretty damn touching....

The scene with both him and his father standing on the terrace of the Deveaux building looking at each other with their eyes welling up before Adam showed up to kill Hiro's dad really got to me. There was a shot of each of them not really saying anyting, if they said anything at all, and they each looked at each other knowing completely what was coming and that they were saying goodbye for life. It really got to me; it was a well done scene.

Oh, Recoil .... your status has gone down a notch for me. :p I love Hiro and not only is he adorable but I just love where the character is going. I also dig listening to him talk in Japanese. ;) Still, there are much worse characters than Hiro .... West, Maya, Alejandro ...

Who is your favorite then?

I don't know about anyone else but I was really annoyed with the last ep. I had a hard time buying that Maya would give up her dear brother so easily. Sure, the brother has been all frowny and grumpy about the whole leaving Mexico and bumping into Sylar but they seemed pretty close through it all. I just want Sylar to be all badass again.

My fav? I'd have to go with Noah Bennett at this point. There is still a lot to that guy that we haven't figured out yet. He still has a few stories to tell.

LH: Good points about Hiro. I suppose he is coming around and maturing a bit, but I guess I'm tired of the "gimmick" of Hiro. Hopefully that falls to the wayside.

Yeah, I like him too. :) I am glad he didn't die for good although I knew they would figure out a way around being shot in the eye and still keep him around. He is way too interesting to wipe out like that.

I've been wondering about the whole "save the cheerleader, save the world," thing. Now that we know that Adam has the same regenerative abilities that Claire has, couldn't Sylar just off him and take the same powers?

Furthermore, we now know that Adam could have his head removed and he would not regenerate. Could be the same for Claire. Thus, if Sylar got healing abilities from either one--off goes his head and that's the end of Sylar.

Just thinking out loud here.

Or, it could be some other reason that Claire needs to be saved--not necessarily from Sylar, but from something/someone else.

Furthermore, we now know that Adam could have his head removed and he would not regenerate. Could be the same for Claire. Thus, if Sylar got healing abilities from either one--off goes his head and that's the end of Sylar.
That was established in Season 1, when Claire had that auto wreck and a stake through her head. She was dead and on the table at the morgue...until someone pulled the stake out of her head, then she was able to heal. So they established that her head is her weakness, and obviously they are aware its Adam's too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back