• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

JMS signed on to a new Marvel series

Flounder

Regular
JMS signed on to a new Marvel series

The TV movie will be based on characters from the Marvel comics universe(s).
"We're putting the budget together and it could prep in August or September, although there could be a few bumps between here and there," Straczynski said, not revealing the characters. "I try not to get too excited, but it could be a lot of fun."
Comics Continuum coverage

Straczynski said that he is currently working with Marvel Productions in regards to developing a television series based on Marvel characters. According to JMS, budgeting talks will be held in August, and if the series is greenlit, and moves forward, a debut could be as early as late 2006. Familiar with television, JMS added that nothing is definite at this stage, and urged attendees not to be disappointed if nothing comes of the talks, though he is hopeful.
News-A-Rama coverage

(this is a follow-up on this thread: JMS signed on to a new ST/SW series??)

Re: JMS signed on to a new Marvel series

Bleh, certainly nothing compared to him being signed on a SW/ST series IMO.

I disagree. This is tailor made for JMS, him having worked in both comics and TV. The only reason for thinking a SW or ST series would be better, IMO, is that one of them might be better funded. But JMS and Marvel could be great, if they use good characters, and have a decent budget. I look forward to it.

Hmm.
comics and TV never do well together imho, or at least superhero comics (what else would he do?). Witness the JLA pilot, Mutant X, The Flash, Smallville and plenty more.

I agree, i'm personally disappointed its not Star Wars, but i'm sure he will have fun whatever it is.

There were some other good things in that report though.

Hmm.
comics and TV never do well together imho, or at least superhero comics (what else would he do?). Witness the JLA pilot, Mutant X, The Flash, Smallville and plenty more.

I agree, i'm personally disappointed its not Star Wars, but i'm sure he will have fun whatever it is.

There were some other good things in that report though.

I rather liked The Flash. :D Superman, whether the "original" George Reeves version or Lois and Clark and Smallville have always done fairly well in the ratings, The Hulk, WonderWoman, and Green Hornet were also well recieved. Even Batman :eek: had a following and managed to get some of the best actors of its time to cameo as the villains. Thats if it's a live action show. If its amimated, it could be cool as long as it doesn't aim for the saturday morning crowd. :cool:

There is an animated Ultimates tv moive/ mini series. This is the reworked Avengers for the 'ultiamte' marvel Universe, and it totally rocks...

it would be cool if he was invovled in that. But to be honest it is probably going to be live action. There is a lot of talk of a Blade TV series..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back