• The new B5TV.COM is here. We've replaced our 16 year old software with flashy new XenForo install. Registration is open again. Password resets will work again. More info here.

Jerry Doyle, radio star!

Have you heard of the assassination of Engelbert Dollfuss?

• Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ney!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a decent enough connection to stream a radio show from 11p-2a on Saturday night/Sunday mornings... I'm hoping there's a mirror site set up of some kind where I could eventually listen to archived shows. I get the strangest feeling I'd enjoy his show immensely. :)

Streaming? Downloads?

I have broadband, but where's that streaming button?:confused:
[Edit: It's there, but in Flash.]
Is there a SHOUTcast stream? (MP3?) Maybe of one of the local stations?
Somebody who would tape, encode and put it on the net?

The site uses flash for links. Here are the sub-pages:
Schedule
About Shows
Store
Streaming
Affiliates
Engineering
Contact
A year's subscription to the TRN stream costs $39.95, and JD may not even be part of the TRN stream schedule. :( I bet they use some Microsoft format stream as well. :rolleyes:

Jerry's been doing some subbing lately as well. On March 10 he sat in for Michael Savage on The Savage Nation. During the third hour his special guest was none other than Bruce Boxleitner.

Jerry also subbed for Michael Savage on 3/18/2004. I caught some of the show on my way to work. In all honesty, I enjoyed JD much more than I do Savage himself. Savage has an obnoxious tendency to scream at his callers - even the ones with whom he agrees. Jerry doesn't do that. :cool:

I\'m listeing to Jerry Doyle

Here's what I did:

I looked at the schedule Talk Radio Network scedule.

Searched google for TRN-1, TRN-2 and other keywords.

Found out that TRN is streamed by Cable Radio Network.
CRN3

That link should do it for most of you. (Windows users and Mac users with Windows Media Player.)

The "hard" way

I'm a linux user, so I had to do a bit more.
First click this link

CRN3 for non-windows
Save stream.asf

Use the movie player program for linux mplayer, or another player of Windows media strams to download the link in stream.asf like this:

:~$ mplayer mms://66.28.222.101/CRN3-IN

Some of today's topics are "what is a hero?", the prisoner abuse and the civilian that was decapitated.

Listening to Jerry as a talk radio pundit makes me giddy. :D

A shoutcast (mp3) stream would be even better. Some mp3 stream station carry Laura Ingraham, but not all the other talk shows.

Re: I\'m listeing to Jerry Doyle

Talk Radio Network programs are "syndicated" on many radio stations.

If you want to stream directly from Talk Radio Network, you have to pay, but you get the same from Cable Radio Network gratis and for free. (Maybe with lower bitrate.)
Happy days!

Bruce is on now

Hi!

Bruce Boxleitner is on the phone with Jerry now. If you can't catch it now, there's a re-feed in 3 hours.

No more Free Jerry

The CRN3 stream now carries "Salem radio", so no more Free Jerry Doyle Show. You now have to pay to listen, or find an affiliate station that streams online. Of course, you people in the U.S. might get the show on one of your local stations.
Whenever I find a new stream, I'll post the address in this thread.

Astronaut Dick Gordon on Jerry\'s show tonight

Astronaut Richard F. (Dick) Gordon Jr. is going to be on the show on Wednesday.

KKAR sends two hours of the show in re-run with web stream, but your local talk radio station may send it live.

Other things that Jerry has talked about on the show in recent days have been his girlfriend getting flowers from a client, the presidential campaign, the CBS memos, political freedom in Hollywood, Martin Sheen, a little bit of B5 (although Bruce hasn't been on the show in quite a while).
He mentioned the email mentioned here, and also told about how JMS watched the actors and put things they said and did into their characters.
He also moderated a debate between a guy claiming that Islam is the problem, and another guy that tries to bring out the moderate side.

Re: Astronaut Dick Gordon on Jerry\'s show tonight

Other things that Jerry has talked about on the show in recent days have been his girlfriend getting flowers from a client, the presidential campaign, the CBS memos, political freedom in Hollywood, Martin Sheen, a little bit of B5 (although Bruce hasn't been on the show in quite a while).
He mentioned the email mentioned here, and also told about how JMS watched the actors and put things they said and did into their characters.
He also moderated a debate between a guy claiming that Islam is the problem, and another guy that tries to bring out the moderate side.

But what did he say?? I'm most interested in his g/fs flowers, Martin Sheen and the e-mail. Most the e-mail! :p

/IamS

g/fs flowers: One of the clients at his girlfriend's company gave her flowers again and again. She didn't pay it any mind, but Jerry was annoyed by it. He asked his listeners for adivce on it. Kind of like radio psychologists in reverse. One listener told him that Jerry's girlfriend would be hit on all the time and that he should get used to it. Also suggestions of letting another person handle the client's account.

Martin Sheen: He told about filming River of Souls with him, and how their political views were very different. They talked about it over lunch. Later, he had sent a letter to Mr. Sheen asking for an endorsement of his campaign, and received a polite negative response.
BTW: Martin Sheen

the e-mail: I can't remember what context it came up in, but he told about a fan asking if he'd got a script yet, what he replied, and the fan saying "oops, sorry!"

g/fs flowers: One of the clients at his girlfriend's company gave her flowers again and again. She didn't pay it any mind, but Jerry was annoyed by it. He asked his listeners for adivce on it. Kind of like radio psychologists in reverse. One listener told him that Jerry's girlfriend would be hit on all the time and that he should get used to it. Also suggestions of letting another person handle the client's account.

Martin Sheen: He told about filming River of Souls with him, and how their political views were very different. They talked about it over lunch. Later, he had sent a letter to Mr. Sheen asking for an endorsement of his campaign, and received a polite negative response.
BTW: Martin Sheen

the e-mail: I can't remember what context it came up in, but he told about a fan asking if he'd got a script yet, what he replied, and the fan saying "oops, sorry!"

Thanks a lot!
So he didn't sound annoyed about the e-mail then? Or worried that he was out of the loop?

/IamS

"So he didn't sound annoyed about the e-mail then?"
No. But I don't remember the context.

"Or worried that he was out of the loop?"
No, not worried. He sounded very relaxed about it.

Jerry going to Iraq?

Jerry has been talking about him maybe doing a show from Iraq. The suits are edgy about sending him there.

EDIT: On another topic:
Jerry is on the side of light (like the vorlons): The toilet paper rolls over the top.
"Underwear and socks have to be tossed out evey six months. Why? Two reasons: 1: They all have that snappy elastic, and the top of the socks don't fall down anymore. And: how else would you know it's time to change the batteries in the smoke alarm?"

Autographed pictures, and candidates

You can email the Jerry Doyle show to ask for autographed pictures.
And I did hear Nader in Jerry's time slot, but it wasn't the Jerry Doyle show, it was on a show by a guy called "Jimbo".
But it looks like Peroutka is comming on next week. (Nader too.)

Back