B5TV.COM. Babylon 5 forums Babylon 5 message for the fans from Claudia Christian Babylon 5

Go Back   B5TV.COM > Babylon 5, Crusade and Rangers > B5.world

Old November 3rd 19, 17:05   #31
Looney
Telepath

Re: It Was the Dawn of the Third Age of B5-Watching...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan View Post

That's kind of cool. I don't want to tell you how long it took me to understand what you meant by keeping the DVDs in your Netflix queue, though.
Very understandable if you are unfamiliar with how Netflix DVD works. My "Queue" has about 300 titles in it, including all the B5 discs. I will also start to see when their supply runs out. The Discs that finally give out or get broken in shipment will eventually start to switch to my "Unknown" queue. That is the list of titles for movies that haven't been released yet or titles they had discs for, but currently do not. I don't even know why it exists other than upcoming possible releases. I've never seen a disc disappear down to that list and then become available again. But I still check it to see when the B5 Discs get placed on that list, so I'll know when people can no longer see B5 through that source.
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st 19, 15:49   #32
Looney
Telepath

WOW SERIOUSLY WHERE DID EVERYBODY GO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old November 24th 19, 15:29   #33
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney View Post
Well, I'm in Louisville, KY ATM. JMS spotlight today. And you're not here!
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th 19, 22:42   #34
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

The Ex is still working through Season 5. Not terribly impressed with the telepath episodes.

The Generous Grasp
KoshFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th 19, 15:10   #35
Looney
Telepath

Quote:
Quote:
Not going to lie, I haven't been paying attention lately and that is a shame because I would love to be there with you.
Old November 28th 19, 00:21   #36
Jan
Psi Cop

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not going to lie, I haven't been paying attention lately and that is a shame because I would love to be there with you.
It was a nice little con. The weather was a little wetter and colder than I'd've liked but lots of really good cosplayers and generally friendly atmosphere.
"You know, I used to think that life was terribly unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair? If all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~Marcus Cole
Old November 30th 19, 23:11   #37
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

The Ex is closing in on the end of Season 5. Special love for "And All My Dreams, Torn Asunder." The Ex pointed out how Sheridan's speech/rant at the Interstellar Alliance is also pretty meta commentary on the show itself. I quote the Ex's commentary directly: "why is an episode about fucking war starting and people dying more interesting than politics of peace?"

The plan is to finish up this week.

The Generous Grasp
Old December 1st 19, 12:41   #38
Jan
Psi Cop

Will be interested to hear how the Ex reacts to the final 3 episodes.
Old December 1st 19, 20:29   #39
Looney
Telepath

Yeah waiting for the tears to flow. LOL
Old December 9th 19, 14:52   #40
KoshFan
Soul Hunter

Well, we're done.

The Ex was suitably impressed by "Wheel of Fire" and then the "Objects" pair. They kept saying, "This feels like a finale! How is there more?" And they downright shrieked, followed by a string of obscenities (well, just one obscenity, really... but a lot of it), when the Keeper in the bottom of the jar was revealed.

Much satisfaction at "the next generation". Many tears at all the goodbyes.

They were expecting something entirely different from "Sleeping in Light" -- largely because they had gotten the future's chronology scrambled a bit (it's an easy mistake, misremembering the future!) and thought Londo and G'Kar were still alive. This was cleared up quickly, but I think it took a little mental adjustment, and much disappointment that Londo & G'Kar couldn't be in the finale. On the other hand, less irritation with Lennier's abrupt departure than I had expected. But even though Sheridan was one of their least-favorite characters ("He's just not that interesting") the tears still flowed, and flowed, and flowed, at the parting.

I got a text this morning: "I cried all the way home... thank you for everything."

End of an era. We began watching almost four years ago, when we were much younger and very much in love... now we still care for each other,, but we have changed so much. Not unlike the characters, over a similar span of years. And I find that I'm emotional in my usual way at the end of the show, but with a slightly different feel to it. This was the last unresolved thread of our plotline together, the Ex and I, and now it's done. So there's that extra dose of bittersweetness.

Moreover, I do not know when or if I will pass this way again, so to speak. It may be a long, long time before I watch [i]Babylon 5[i] to the end again. I will always love this show, but there are other stories I should not neglect (including a few of my own). And so much work to be done, always.

And now this thread is finished, I think, or nearly. And this website feels like the station, empty and waiting to be closed down. I think I'll be on my way.

So I say goodbye to you all, and to the show. But I think I'll say goodbye in Minbari, so to speak -- that is, there is always the possibility that I shall see this place, and this story, once again.

The Generous Grasp